EOS js-1694 & D1-1692 balcony question

I've been assigned adjoining cabins for 2 adults & 4 kids on explorer. Trying to figure out if I can see into kids balcony (1692) from 1694. From the pictures I've seen I can't tell if there is a cement wall between us or a plexi wall w/ a few inches to spare to the balcony rail. Not really a big deal, just curious if anyone with a minute has the answer. Thanks so much.

YES,all you got to do is lean over,and you will be able to see inside their room,unless the curtain is closed,hoe this heled you,have a suer great cruise and have lots of fun:)));):p

Thank you very much. I hope I made a good choice when choosing the aft cabins. I was hoping for adjoining cabins on the 'hump' but was told there are no adjoining hump cabins that are D1. My only other option was a js adjoined with a D1 on the hump but the D1 only held 2 people and really didn't want to give the kids the js and me take the D1!! (selfish I know). From what I've read the aft cabins on deck 10 are great, did the iron structure get in way of the view for you? Did the longer walk to all things central bother you (especially if you forgot something)? Thank you again.

This site has some great pictures that should answer your questions.

http://www.voyager-class.com/virtualtour/aftbalconies/aftbalconies.html

We have sailed in 1688 twice and would again in a heartbeat. The walk is not as bad as some make it out to be. We were back and forth many times during the day and to us, it really wasn't a big deal. It is also very quiet back there since you will have very few people walking past your cabin door.

Liz315, take lots of pictures of those cabins for me. My wife and I have the JS and my inlaws have the connecting cabin for a Bermuda cruise in October 2012 and my dad has the corner aft for the same cruise.

We once had 1394 (js) and 1392 (D1) - the exact same cabins as 1694 and 1692. There is a metal divider between the js and D1. The only way you can see onto the D1 balcony is to lean over the railing, and even then - its not easy to see onto that balcony.

Thank you very much. I hope I made a good choice when choosing the aft cabins. I was hoping for adjoining cabins on the 'hump' but was told there are no adjoining hump cabins that are D1. My only other option was a js adjoined with a D1 on the hump but the D1 only held 2 people and really didn't want to give the kids the js and me take the D1!! (selfish I know). From what I've read the aft cabins on deck 10 are great, did the iron structure get in way of the view for you? Did the longer walk to all things central bother you (especially if you forgot something)? Thank you again.

You have booked a wonderful pair of cabins. (you don't have to lean out all THAT far to see into the balcony. But you won't be able to see into the cabin, *I think*)

I am just off Navigator in cabin 1692. There is an iron wall all the way to the balcony railing. I didn't try to look onto the balcony of 1694, but you would have to lean over quite a bit. The balcony on the other side, 1690 was glass and didn't go all the way to the edge. I loved the cabin. The balcony is huge and has a very tall ceiling. I had two loungers, 2 chairs and a small cocktail type table. Plenty of room. The walk to the room isn't bad. Hope you enjoy.

Liz, that JS only holds 2, too, so you aren't being selfish. It wouldn't work for five anyway. :D

I am just off Navigator in cabin 1692. There is an iron wall all the way to the balcony railing. I didn't try to look onto the balcony of 1694, but you would have to lean over quite a bit. The balcony on the other side, 1690 was glass and didn't go all the way to the edge. I loved the cabin. The balcony is huge and has a very tall ceiling. I had two loungers, 2 chairs and a small cocktail type table. Plenty of room. The walk to the room isn't bad. Hope you enjoy.

Maybe I am just more flexible and agile. :D :D :D :D

If you view the photos in the link provided in an earlier post - you can see the metal wall.

Arcruisingnana described the balcony perfectly.

Great cabins - as far as the balcony situation - it didnt bother me at all - although I was traveling with 2 older kids. If they were young - I would not have been comfortable with them trying to see onto my balcony. And you will not be able to see the entire balcony.......well maybe if you're very very tall :D

If you look at my avatar photo you will also see the railing that is on all the aft cabins. Again depending on how old your kids are - these railings could be tempting to stand on........

The plexiglass wall that you can see in the avatar photo is the divider between the two js's

Edited by trvlmil

Thank you all so much for the great info and pics. I will def. take pictures and post them, won't be until spring of next year though! I would have thought that the balcony dividers between these two cabins would be a little more open as they are connecting rooms anyway. No matter as my kids are all older and respect the balcony rules that feet must be on floor at All times! Our connecting door will always be open anyway for easy access. Btw where in cabin is the connecting door? Just got off an NCL cruise and the adjoining balconies had enough room to stick a head & shoulder through w/out having to lean. This will be our first Royal cruise!

I was in cabin 1692 that connects to 1694. As you walk in, the bathroom was on the left and the closet on the right. On the left, past the bathroom is a sofabed and then the connecting door. The vanity and bed were on the right . It seemed a little strange because you can't see the TV very well from the bed.

• 3 years later...
I was in cabin 1692 that connects to 1694. As you walk in, the bathroom was on the left and the closet on the right. On the left, past the bathroom is a sofabed and then the connecting door. The vanity and bed were on the right . It seemed a little strange because you can't see the TV very well from the bed.

Found my photos of 1392 (d1) and 1394 (js) and balcony divider between the two cabins.

I think you will enjoy 1692 and 1694

I know this is a very old post but I hope one of you can help me please.

I have a hold on 1692 and I am bit concerned that this cabin connects to JS 1694. I've read some people have problems with noise because of connecting cabins. Was this a problem? Someone mentioned that there is a door on each side of the connecting cabins which I would imagine makes them more soundproof.

This is specifically for the Navigator..I would really appreciate any info you can provide me.