cc party

trumpet56

It's a chance to meet others from Cruise Critic that are on your cruise.

We've been to one on every cruise since we found CC so that's about 29. We've met people from all over. They're very informal.

It's nice to see other people over the course of the cruise and just say "Hi" in passing. Others we have joined for excursions. And we still are in contact with a number of CCer's via the internet.

If there is a roll call for your cruise consider joining and going to the Meet & Greet.

Charlie

It really depends on the cruiseline to me. RCL sets up a party, all you have to do is sign your name you want to go.

Iv done Carnival and Princess where YOU or someone on your roll call has to set it up and many of those just plain fell thru. Especially on shorter cruises, people just dont want to take the time out of their day to commit to meeting.

Iv very surprised that Charlie said he went to the meet and greet for every single roll call. .. that has only been true for me on RCL longer cruises where its set up.

It really depends on the cruiseline to me. RCL sets up a party, all you have to do is sign your name you want to go.

Iv done Carnival and Princess where YOU or someone on your roll call has to set it up and many of those just plain fell thru. Especially on shorter cruises, people just dont want to take the time out of their day to commit to meeting.

Iv very surprised that Charlie said he went to the meet and greet for every single roll call. .. that has only been true for me on RCL longer cruises where its set up.

We've only done 7 night or longer cruises. But we've had Meet & Greets on all the others that either we or someone on the roll call has planned out.

Carnival does the least for M&G's. They offer to set up a party for a fee and will not just reserve an area for you. We've still been successful at finding a meeting place.

Princess has reserved space for us. They put out bar snacks and have a bartender on duty.

NCL has often set up rooms with coffee, tea, cookies, etc. Usually staff members show up...sometimes the Captain. On one NCL Spirit cruise we had planned to have a photo taken of our group to send to the husband of one CCer who ended up being deployed to Iraq and wasn't able to be on the cruise. We mentioned it during our M&G. The hotel director was there and next thing we knew there were several bottles of champagne and glasses...compliments of NCL.

The pic below was taken at our NCL M&G this past January. The Captain stopped in and did a 10 minute Q&A.

Charlie

DSCF5454.jpg.53826de79f200035de0c1f582d2d8ce9.jpg

If you haven't signed up for your roll call yet on this board, you should. You will meet a lot of interesting people and get to know them prior to your cruise. The ships are well aware of the members of this board and always have a nice party.

Last year with the anticipation of the Epic coming out, our roll call had close to 100 or more people attending. They ended up having to switch the meeting place 3 times (which ended up happening after people had already left for their pre-cruise destinations and everyone was unaware of the place change and the time change) so not everyone got to show up. However, there were still A LOT of people that did.

They had food, introduced the entire crew, you get their direct phone numbers, and they gave away free tee-shirts at ours.

We ended up making a roll call for facebook and we all became friends. To this day, several of us are still really good friends and plan on doing a "reunion" cruise next year or the year after. :D

I'm not sure if you can see this picture...hopefully you can (and this was not everyone who showed up, some were still sitting down)

60377_438169398705_794268705_4971033_4208635_n.jpg

It's just nice to be able to put a face to an on-line name. And I have gone to shows and excursions with others we have met on cruise-critic.

One of our best meet & greets was when one person decided we needed to meet on the back bar by the pizza station. They suggested wearing Mardi Gras beads to identify each other. Those who wanted, grabbed a drink. Others, pizza. We chatted, and met new friends. Very nice. It was good to be able to run into people later in the week that you recognized.

You make a lot of great friends from all over the world.

I've also read on here that several people still cruise together on the same ships and others with take the same itinerary, but different ships and meet up on the islands to do tours and catch up. :)

On our last cruise very few actually showed up, but out of those who did we had a good time and some of us spent much time together during the cruise.

Our largest, to date, was around 120 on the Emerald a couple years ago. Princess catered it very nicely and the Captain, CD, and hotel manager stopped in. The group had many things planned and it made for a wonderful cruise.

Our upcoming cruise has 234, as of this weekend, signed up. This is the most dynamic and active roll call we have ever been on. There are so many excursions and activities planned for our many sea days, not to mention the ship activities. We can't wait to meet these incredible folks.

Charlie's right. It's nice to see, and be able to do things with other cc people. This is a fun culture.

Larry

We also found that NCL put on a good show, with senior members attending, and refreshments.

For my cruise this coming Friday, we're just having an informal gathering in a bar, the first afternoon, but I've noticed that the info has been posted on 3 forums, so quite a few might turn up!

Jo.

last cruise we didnt have a real big RC but we were treated to a Bridge Tour of the STAR!

i am in charge of 2 this Dec on the SUN and hopin to get us a Bridge Tour

which varies sailing to sailing ship to ship.

we have always had GOOD participation from NCL for our M&Gs!!!

Archived