Our Cruise on Snake in the Grass,ah, Splendor in the Grass, no, Splendour of the Seas

My husband and I both enjoyed reading all your reviews (I had to convince him at first)! Thanks for spending the time writing them and posting the pictures!

Gwen

Glad you enjoyed the reviews (all of them:eek:). And welcome to Cruise Critic!:)

Jack

I would LOVE to sail on Regent! Actually, I am already working on a financial plan and a budget to accomplish that. My plan involves our local community bank and a note that says, "place all your nonsequential $50 and $100 bills in this bag -and NO die pack!

LOL. I guess this means you think Regent is a bit on the expensive side.:D Sorry to hear that there will be no Viking review - I bet it would have been interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks so much! I'm really enjoying reading all the different reviews and looking forward to upcoming cruises. :)

Gwen

Glad you enjoyed them Gwen. Next up is the Oosterdam in October.

LOL. I guess this means you think Regent is a bit on the expensive side.:D Sorry to hear that there will be no Viking review - I bet it would have been interesting.

We got back from China yesterday and while we had a great time, no review as most of the trip was on land and not technically a cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

That was the biggest waste of my time ever, I could have ironed 20 shirts in the time it took to read, and my husband who, got distracted from mowing the lawn due to the laughter coming from the kitchen has still not finished.:D

In all seriousness, I have not laughed or enjoyed wasting my time so much in years.

I am off to you wonderful City of New York after are Transatlantic cruise in November, I would love some of your points of view of New York.

:)

That was the biggest waste of my time ever, I could have ironed 20 shirts in the time it took to read, and my husband who, got distracted from mowing the lawn due to the laughter coming from the kitchen has still not finished.:D

In all seriousness, I have not laughed or enjoyed wasting my time so much in years.

I am off to you wonderful City of New York after are Transatlantic cruise in November, I would love some of your points of view of New York.

LOL:) As to New York - there is just so much to see and experience. I hope you have a couple of days to see everything. And don't forget the food! Be sure to try Carnegie Deli! Take a ride on the Staten Island Ferry for some of the best scenic and photo ops around. Visit Central Park, Times Square, and take in a show on Broadway. You will have a great time!

Jack

You really need to write a book!

I have enough trouble just reading a book let alone trying to write one!:D

Coolcruiser02 - Glad you like it.

• 1 year later...

thank you for writing this your humor is out of this world..you had me laughing out loud and rolling intears at the end i wanted more to read...

your writing and telling story you sound so much like my son i can actually visualize your serious face telling this story...wowww...it was just great...i will be touring most of those ports this september and i will honestly be laughing just thinking of your review....

I'll post some really great pictures as soon as I can get them downloaded, uploaded, overloaded - whatever the technical term is!

thank you for writing this your humor is out of this world..you had me laughing out loud and rolling intears at the end i wanted more to read...

your writing and telling story you sound so much like my son i can actually visualize your serious face telling this story...wowww...it was just great...i will be touring most of those ports this september and i will honestly be laughing just thinking of your review....

Wow, you dug up a classic.

Glad you enjoyed it. It is always fun to see one of my old reviews pop up - gives me an excuse to reread it (and find typos I missed first time around :eek:). You have some great ports ahead of you...I am a little jealous!

I blessed the day as today I found your review, SailorJack. From your signature, I found more reviews, so more blessings!

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Very happy!

Thank-you. Hope you enjoy them all.:)

Jack

Edited by SailorJack

They are all incredible reads. Jack, please tell me you have another cruise coming up soon!

Sadly, no more cruises for the next year. We normally do two a year, but SailorJill wants to do a safari in Africa this fall, so it will be spring of next year before we cruise again - on the Celebrity Solstice.

Oh my goodness, not sure how I ever missed these reviews! Jack, you have another fan, lol :D. Thank you! Kathy

Glad you enjoyed it - although they are easy to miss because my "reviews" are not reviews in the traditional sense as they really don't focus on the ship (which most people want to hear about) but rather on the more humorous aspects of our cruise.

Absolutely fantastic & hilarious review, visiting these ports on Splendour next week.

Again, I find myself envious of someone who gets to visit these ports - they really are fantastic. You are going to have a great time!

Diffently one of the "Best" reviews that I have read, Thanks for sharing - you've made day.

Good to hear from a fellow Canadian - glad you enjoyed it.

Great review, thanks for taking the time to write and post it.

Thank you for taking the time to read it! A no small investment in your time. :)

Edited by SailorJack

• 8 months later...

We are doing a cruise out of Venice and one of the stops is Kotor. We are looking at shore excursions and I was wondering if the climb up the hill is really as tough as you indicated - or were you using some of your "poetic license":)

Edited by DavyJoneses

we are also doing a greek island tour... did you use a tour for ephesus or do it on your own?

We did a private tour with a company that was arranged by a roll call member - there were 8 of us. Because we were a small group we were able to customize the tour to a certain extent. (I don't remember the name of the company.) We wanted to visit Mary's house as well as Ephesus and have time to spend at both. The ship's tour used a big bus.

At Ephesus, you are dropped off at the top of the ancient city and you walk down through the city (about half a mile as I recall) and you are picked up at the other end. As you can imagine, on a big bus tour with 50 people scattered along the route you are waiting for stragglers and lose time to see other things. There was also a nice show put on at the end of the walkway (I think they did it once every hour) that was fun to watch.

At the end, about half the people elected to be dropped off to do some shopping and the rest of us went to a rug factory (of course!) - but they had free beer!

By the way, the ruins, statuary, and edifices were very impressive and many of them were fairly well preserved. You will certainly enjoy seeing it.

The Virgin Mary's house - said to be her residence during the final years of her life is also well worth the visit. It is not included on every tour, but should not be missed. The spring which provided her with water is still running and our tour guide provided us with little containers so we could take some of the water home with us. The water is said to have curative powers. The setting is quite serene and very moving.

Enjoy your visit!

We are doing a cruise out of Venice and one of the stops is Kotor. We are looking at shore excursions and I was wondering if the climb up the hill is really as tough as you indicated - or were you using some of your "poetic license":)

Missed your question yesterday.:( The hike up is a little on the strenuous side. Several people walked halfway up and then went back down, but it is very doable- and maybe a little easier than I described. :) There is a decent trail and the view from up their is well worth the effort.

Jack