Miracle Eastern Review in Pics- First Time Cruiser! May 2011

We were on the same cruise. And did it last year too....and HOPING to do it NEXT year too if they **ever** come out with the May, 2012 Manhattan schedule...:(:confused: Why did you only go to the MDR one time the whole cruise? Enjoying this and so glad you had a good cruise and enjoyed the Big Apple! We live about 20 minutes from cruise terminal and we don't take advantage of the city as much as we should either...:o

We were on the same cruise. And did it last year too....and HOPING to do it NEXT year too if they **ever** come out with the May, 2012 Manhattan schedule...:(:confused: Why did you only go to the MDR one time the whole cruise? Enjoying this and so glad you had a good cruise and enjoyed the Big Apple! We live about 20 minutes from cruise terminal and we don't take advantage of the city as much as we should either...:o

Is it bad that I would consider moving just to be closer to a cruise terminal :p. . .haha. . .I would LOVE to do this same cruise again. Maybe THIS week the schedule will come out? hmm. . we'll see :rolleyes:.

My one regret this cruise was not going to the MDR more. It was hard between ports and Camp Carnival and everything else to make it by 6 pm every night. We usually went up to the lido around 7 and had our dinner. Next time we will choose the anytime dining and take advantage of the MDR more. The food was outstanding both times we went!

Oh, BTW, your pics in previous post #24 look almost like paintings...just beautiful!

And thanks! My sister is a professional photographer. Me- I just get lucky sometimes ;).

The process to get off the ship was very easy. Follow the signs, put your S&S card in the machine, and out you go! Of course they also want to take your pic!

We did not have an excursion in Grand Turk. We decided just to have a beach day and do some snorkeling. A word of advice for those planning on going to the beach- bring water shoes! The sand is somewhat rocky and gets very hot. And the ground in water is also very rough! I cut my feet up a little while in the water.

The beach looks crowded in the pictures, but it never really felt too crowded.

Isn't she a beautiful ship?!

DSCF4151-1.jpg

My first steps in a Caribbean beach. . .

DSCF4156-1.jpg

And DS's first time snorkeling!

DSCF4168.jpg

Look how excited he is to see his first fish underwater!

DSCF4172.jpg

The water is so clear on Grand Turk- it's beautiful!

DSCF4173.jpg

I was on this same cruise and am enjoying your review very much. Mark the Juggler had me laughing so hard that tears were streaming down my face for most of it. I have a short video clip of his act and still laugh when I watch it.

Very nice review. Wonderful pictures... Thanks for sharing.

Great review so far! That last photo you shared could be in a Carnival brochure!

Thank you! And thanks for reading :D

Great review!!! I love the pictures of NYC! This will be our first cruise from New York and we are looking forward to seeing the sights like you guys.

*And I am proud of your son's pictures too :)

You will love cruising out of NYC! Just to warn you- the water in the Northern Atlantic can be a little rough. Have a great cruise!

Great review so far! Going on this same cruise next week & cannot wait!

I'm so jealous. . .I want to go again! Have a great cruise- you will love it!!

I just LOVED the diamond patterns in the water at GT.

The water was beautiful. . .so clear it was like a swimming pool.

I was on this same cruise and am enjoying your review very much. Mark the Juggler had me laughing so hard that tears were streaming down my face for most of it. I have a short video clip of his act and still laugh when I watch it.

I started reading your review right after you began it. Mark was so funny- great act! Did you upload a link to your video on your review? I tried to get pictures but they didn't turn out.

Nice review and pics! 15 more days for me!

Do you remember what the name of the band was that played in Frankie and Johnny's?

Music Manilla played in Frankie and Johnnie's- other than that I think it was just karaoke.

Have a great cruise! I so wish I was leaving again in 15 days. . .

More Grand Turk. . .

After a few hours we decided DS should get some food and drink after being in the hot sun all morning. Because I am cheap we went back to the ship and headed to the lido. Here are a few pics I took from the ship:

DSCF4210.jpg

DSCF4211.jpg

DSCF4212.jpg

After lunch we headed back out to the beach. DH and DS went back to snorkeling and I decided to check out the shopping and the beach on the other side of the pier.

DSCF4218.jpg

DSCF4223.jpg

And yes. . .MORE Grand Turk. . .

This little beachside bar was to the left of the docking pier. It was never crowded. Looking back I don't know why I didn't get a drink there. Ahh- next time!

DSCF4224.jpg

I had planned on getting a beachside massage here at Spa Anani. We also planned to walk to Jack's Shack. We did neither of these things. Next time.

DSCF4225.jpg

There were only a few people on this side of the beach. It was very peaceful. The only downside was the shoreline was very rocky.

DSCF4227.jpg

My current laptop wallpaper. . .makes me want to be back so bad!

DSCF4228.jpg

Music Manilla played in Frankie and Johnnie's- other than that I think it was just karaoke.

Have a great cruise! I so wish I was leaving again in 15 days. . .

Thanks for the info, and keep the review coming! Awesome GT pictures!

Grand Turk in Review:

It's hard to do a true review of Grand Turk as a whole since I never left the cruise center. The beach was beautiful (but rocky) and the snorkeling was good- especially for beginners. There was a lot of fish and coral to see. We ended up enjoying a relaxing beach/shopping day while soaking up the Caribbean atmosphere. The prices were quite good at the shops and there was a big selection of bits and bobs to buy.

Eventually I would like to go back and do the stingray excursion (heard from a lot of people it was great!) and then a taxi tour of the island. I still would also love a taste of the rum from Jack's Shack and some great chicken.

If going to the beach don't forget water shoes and sunscreen (apply and reapply often!!).

After a long day in the sun we ate on the lido and relaxed the rest of the night watching the waves. All in all it was a perfect Caribbean day!

Loving your review so far! Great pictures too! :D

Thank you- and thanks for reading!! :D

Thanks for the info, and keep the review coming! Awesome GT pictures!

Stay tuned for Half Moon Cay! If you have any other questions feel free to ask. :)

Archived