Miracle Eastern Review in Pics- First Time Cruiser! May 2011

This is it. . .the port I had been most looking forward to. . .

DSCF4290.jpg

We knew we were arriving at Half Moon at 9 am and that we would need a tender ticket. I had read horror stories on CC about waiting for tender tickets, so the family decided we would wake up around 8, get breakfast, take pictures of us nearing Half Moon, then go to get a tender ticket.

As we were eating breakfast I could see Half Moon on one side of the ship and the open ocean on the other. The sky was blue except for a few clouds. I noticed one of the clouds seemed to have a funnel shape to it (I am from the midwest and definitly know what a funnel cloud looks like!). As I pointed it out to DH it dropped down and became a water spout! I could not believe my eyes!

It was far away, but we watched it for about 3 or 4 minutes pulling water up. We pointed it out to a few others on board. I took some pics but am so disappointed because it was so small and so far away you can't really see it :mad::(!!

We finally went to the Phantom Theater for our tender ticket at close to 9 am. There was no line and we were on a boat in about 10 minutes. We arrived at the island around 9:30 am. From our end it seemed Carnival did a great job with the tender tickets, however, I have no idea what it was like before we arrived.

DSCF4255.jpg

I loved all of these signs!

DSCF4272.jpg

DSCF4273.jpg

When we first walked off the tender we went and grabbed sodas from the bar near the entrance. We walked around and went into the couple little shops they have. Then it was time to see the beach. Walking down the path this is the first glimpse of the beach. . .

DSCF4277.jpg

So happy you are writing your "expanded" review of your Miracle cruise! My family will be on Miracle this Thanksgiving and every picture with your commentary makes it even more real to me! Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Keep the Miracle safe for me, we'll be boarding on the 24th !:D

Have a great cruise! I see you went on the Miracle to St Maarten/St Kitts/St Lucia. . .how was it? I am looking at that cruise for March 2012. I would LOVE to see those island!

It was good enough the first time in December '08 that we did it again in March '10 !

The islands are beautiful, and while we "did" the Dutch side of St. Maarten the first time, we explored the French side the second time...still far more of that island to see...maybe a 3rd trip is necessary :D

We missed St. Lucia the first time because of propulsion issues with the ship, but they gave us Grand Turk instead ! Loved it too...nothing bad to say about either time.

Your pictures are awesome ! DH and I visited HMC in May '09, and DD and I went again in December '09...can't wait to get back there again, I think it's my favourite beach yet :)

THANKS! for being so detailed...it makes me feel I'm right there with you !

Waiting with anticipation for the remainder of your review.

We are sailing on the Miracle on 7/1 and it was so nice to read your review! I loved the pictures and my kids were finally able to get a real feel for the ship. Thank you for taking the time to write this. You have made us all begin to get really excited that our cruise is 1 month away!! Your excitement is contageous!!

LOVING your review! When you were getting off your cruise, we were getting on! This is like reliving our cruise!

Nice review and pics! 15 more days for me!

Do you remember what the name of the band was that played in Frankie and Johnny's?

Music Manilla played in Frankie and Johnnie's- other than that I think it was just karaoke.

Have a great cruise! I so wish I was leaving again in 15 days. . .

Music Unlimited arrived back on the Miracle on our cruise, May 14th after their few months break. They are scheduled to be on the Miracle for the next 6-7 months. They were wonderful! We spent many an evening in Frankie & Johnnie's enjoying their music and dancing! They take requests too!

Didn't want to hijack! Can't wait to see more pictures!

Karen

Loving your review. :D I will be on the Miracle in two weeks!

I have one quick question regarding Grand Turk. I was thinking about renting one of the cabanas. Can you please tell me if the beach is within walking distance. Would rather swim in the ocean than a pool!

Thanks!

And yes. . .MORE Grand Turk. . .

This little beachside bar was to the left of the docking pier. It was never crowded. Looking back I don't know why I didn't get a drink there. Ahh- next time!

DSCF4224.jpg

Where exactly was this? Is it to the left as you look at the ship or with your back to the ship? Did you see if they had any food or just drinks? Thanks!

It was good enough the first time in December '08 that we did it again in March '10 !

The islands are beautiful, and while we "did" the Dutch side of St. Maarten the first time, we explored the French side the second time...still far more of that island to see...maybe a 3rd trip is necessary :D

We missed St. Lucia the first time because of propulsion issues with the ship, but they gave us Grand Turk instead ! Loved it too...nothing bad to say about either time.

Your pictures are awesome ! DH and I visited HMC in May '09, and DD and I went again in December '09...can't wait to get back there again, I think it's my favourite beach yet :)

THANKS! for being so detailed...it makes me feel I'm right there with you !

Waiting with anticipation for the remainder of your review.

HMC is the most beautiful beach I've seen. The water was a little more clear in Grand Turk, but the sand and color of the water can't be beat!

I'm so glad I have people enjoying my review! Thanks again for reading!

Love your review so far!! Will be sailing on her in 2 weeks from today....:D

Thanks for all the great pics...:)

So lucky! Have a great cruise and thanks for reading! :D

Glad you upgraded you review! Great Pictures!!

Thanks you! Thanks for following along! :)

We are sailing on the Miracle on 7/1 and it was so nice to read your review! I loved the pictures and my kids were finally able to get a real feel for the ship. Thank you for taking the time to write this. You have made us all begin to get really excited that our cruise is 1 month away!! Your excitement is contageous!!

You and your kids will have a great time! I'm not sure their ages, but my son had a blast at Camp Carnival! I will have a few more pics of inside the ship towards the end (I didn't take a lot for some reason though :confused:). I am enjoying writing a review (I think everyone here at home is sick of my pics- lol) and reliving it! Have a great cruise and thanks for reading!!

LOVING your review! When you were getting off your cruise, we were getting on! This is like reliving our cruise!

Music Unlimited arrived back on the Miracle on our cruise, May 14th after their few months break. They are scheduled to be on the Miracle for the next 6-7 months. They were wonderful! We spent many an evening in Frankie & Johnnie's enjoying their music and dancing! They take requests too!

Didn't want to hijack! Can't wait to see more pictures!

Karen

*Sigh* I did not want to get off that ship and let you on! LOL- DH and I were like "We should have booked a B2B!" but eventually we'd still have to go home! :p

Thanks for the updated info! And thanks for reading- hope your cruise was as great as ours!

Loving your review. :D I will be on the Miracle in two weeks!

I have one quick question regarding Grand Turk. I was thinking about renting one of the cabanas. Can you please tell me if the beach is within walking distance. Would rather swim in the ocean than a pool!

Thanks!

Two weeks to go!! I couldn't think of anything else at two weeks to go!

And as a previous poster said. . .you can't see the beach from the cabanas. The walk is only a minute or two. In my pics you can see the ship above the Maragaritaville pool which is basically where the beach is.

It's coming. . .slowly but surely! :D Thanks for reading!!

You really are doing a great job.

Half Moon Cay is the type of place that I would describe as "heaven on earth". Amazing island - I'm glad you had fun there!!

I noticed that you were asking about the itinerary that goes to St. Marteen, St Kitts, St Lucia.

It is a great itinerary - I think I love all ove the "St" Islands!!

St Lucia is our favorite - but all are excellent in their own right.

Keep in mind this is a "ship" intensive cruise with only 3 ports in 8 days.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Where exactly was this? Is it to the left as you look at the ship or with your back to the ship? Did you see if they had any food or just drinks? Thanks!

This is to the left if you are looking at the ship. Go past the shops and you will see the entrance to the "other side" of the beach- it's right there. I didn't see if they had food, but online it says "a new Turquoise Beach Bar serving drinks and light refreshments". It also says there will be a "cool zone with various misting machines" scheduled to open soon!

You really are doing a great job.

Half Moon Cay is the type of place that I would describe as "heaven on earth". Amazing island - I'm glad you had fun there!!

I noticed that you were asking about the itinerary that goes to St. Marteen, St Kitts, St Lucia.

It is a great itinerary - I think I love all ove the "St" Islands!!

St Lucia is our favorite - but all are excellent in their own right.

Keep in mind this is a "ship" intensive cruise with only 3 ports in 8 days.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Half Moon is definitly "heaven on earth"! I wish I could have just hid there and stayed forever. The "St"s are my dream islands! This cruise was also an 8 day with 3 islands and I loved having 4 full sea days. With a young son I don't think we are ready for the port intensive cruises yet.

Thanks for reading! I'm trying to have "family time" and do my review right now. . lol!!

Half Moon Cay Continued. . .

The sand at Half Moon is the complete opposite of Grand Turk. It is so soft- like powder.

DSCF4281.jpg

This is the "I Wish I Could Stay Here Forever" bar- one of 3 on the island. The first is when you first walk in to HMC. . .the third you will see soon. There was live music and a few games (limbo) during the whole day. The good thing about HMC is that you use your S&S card here- so we could also use our soda card here.

DSCF4282.jpg

My thoughts exactly. . .

DSCF4285.jpg

And of course a family pic. . .

DSCF4289.jpg

Archived