Miracle Eastern Review in Pics- First Time Cruiser! May 2011

Loving your review! I have been on the Miracle twice and she is my favorite ship! In fact my daughter got engaged the 2nd time we were on the Miracle.

We also experienced NYC for the first time before our Miracle cruise in 2008 - spent 4 nights there. Fell in love with the city - you definitely need to go back for a longer visit.

Thanks for your review.

Loving your review! I have been on the Miracle twice and she is my favorite ship! In fact my daughter got engaged the 2nd time we were on the Miracle.

We also experienced NYC for the first time before our Miracle cruise in 2008 - spent 4 nights there. Fell in love with the city - you definitely need to go back for a longer visit.

Thanks for your review.

How romantic to be proposed to on the Miracle!!

I really want the NYC dates released because if we can find a date that works I would probably take 2 weeks of vacation and spend extra days in NYC- fingers crossed!! And thanks for following along!

I am trying to get more posted but am having a few technical difficulties. I'm posting this from my iPod. Hopefully I'll get more done tonight!!

I signed on tonight just to read the rest of your review because I wasn't able to finish it this morning. I cannot believe how much time you've spent doing this review!

I was born in NY right outside of the city and I absolutely love NYC. Seeing your positive review of the city made my day! It was so nice to read all the things you wrote about NY (along with comments made by others) and I loved your NYC pictures too! So happy you enjoyed yourself in NY and hope you do get back soon. A Broadway show and dinner would be great. You should also go downtown to the South Street Seaport, The Village, Chinatown and the World Trade Center. These are also must-sees.

I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your review of the Miracle because it will be my family's first time on this ship. My kids are 16, 13 and 9. We're going to celebrate our daughter's Sweet 16 (instead of having a big party like so many of her friends did). We have 3 other families going with us too, all her best friends, who are also celebrating their Sweet 16. I'm hoping our kids will love Camp Carnival and maybe my husband and I will have a little time to ourselves!!

Thanks again for the great review and the great pictures!!

Grand Turk continued. . .

I have to share some fish pictures that DS took because he was so proud of them:

DSCF4181.jpg

DSCF4196.jpg

DSCF4197.jpg

And I'm off to bed for the night. . .so I leave you with this. . .

DSCF4192.jpg

Thanks for the review. DH & I are really enjoying it. We sail on Miracle Oct 17th!! Can't wait!!

This pic of the ship is amazing!! I would LOVE to have a copy of it if you wouldn't mind.

I signed on tonight just to read the rest of your review because I wasn't able to finish it this morning. I cannot believe how much time you've spent doing this review!

I was born in NY right outside of the city and I absolutely love NYC. Seeing your positive review of the city made my day! It was so nice to read all the things you wrote about NY (along with comments made by others) and I loved your NYC pictures too! So happy you enjoyed yourself in NY and hope you do get back soon. A Broadway show and dinner would be great. You should also go downtown to the South Street Seaport, The Village, Chinatown and the World Trade Center. These are also must-sees.

I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your review of the Miracle because it will be my family's first time on this ship. My kids are 16, 13 and 9. We're going to celebrate our daughter's Sweet 16 (instead of having a big party like so many of her friends did). We have 3 other families going with us too, all her best friends, who are also celebrating their Sweet 16. I'm hoping our kids will love Camp Carnival and maybe my husband and I will have a little time to ourselves!!

Oh, this sounds like so much fun. Happy B'day to your DD. Remind the "kids" (and adults too!) that the aft Lido pool starboard side (Orpheus Bar, adults only pool/hot tub area) has "sundae fixins'" to top the soft ice cream after 3pm. It is never "advertised". Yummo! I love getting strawberry frozen yogurt and loading it with EVERYTHING chocolate! :D:p

Still in Paradise. . .

Mmmm. . .a Bahama Mama (the drink, not DH. . .haha). Isn't it funny how much more amazing a tropical drink tastes from a comfy chair in the Caribbean?

DSCF4312.jpg

And here's bar #3- the pirate ship bar!

DSCF4318.jpg

And the other side of the bar. . .

DSCF4321.jpg

By this time we were feeling a little hungry. I believe the buffet on HMC started at 11. We went to eat around 11:30 or 11:45. Along the path there is a nature trail that labels different species of trees. It was neat to look at and a great little detail.

DSCF4323.jpg

When we arrived at the buffet there were two or three (I can't remember exactly) lines that all had the same food. We didn't have to wait at all to get our food- we just walked right up.

DSCF4324.jpg

DSCF4325.jpg

The drink station was just outside the area where the food was served. I forgot that there was also a bar #4 hidden among all the eating areas. The eating areas were a little confusing. They had many shelters with picnic tables to eat at and you could just follow the paths until you found one that had a table to sit at. It was quite easy finding a place to sit. However, when I got up to get a soda I followed a path the wrong way (they all look the same!) and it took me about 5 minutes to find where DH and DS were sitting. Or- maybe it's just me! They do have plenty of tables though.

Yum (I love the salsa they have on the ship. . .and the chocolate chip cookies are so good!)!

DSCF4328.jpg

DSCF4329.jpg

It was a really great lunch and the crew worked so hard! After this they had to get back to the ship and serve dinner- they are really amazing. It was so nice to be able to relax and enjoy a nice picnic lunch.

An unexpected lunch guest. . .

DSCF4333.jpg

After lunch we headed back to the beach. DS saw one of his friends from Camp Carnival and they started playing together. They had so much fun! Who would have thought they had been strangers just a few days before? I'm not going to post any pics from the two of them though since I don't want to post pics of someone else's child.

Here is some of the equipment you can rent. Sorry the camera lens is a little fogged up.

DSCF4337.jpg

One of my favorite pics of DS from our trip

DSCF4361.jpg

We had decided to leave around 2:30 pm. We didn't want to have to wait forever for a tender back because it was a really hot day. DS wanted to go down the waterslide at the kid's area so we went over there before getting a tender back.

View from the kid's area

DSCF4362.jpg

I didn't get a pic of the kid's area, but it was basically a playground and then an area with 3 waterslides. The waterslides didn't go into the ocean though- they were like the ship's slide with a bunch of water at the bottom.

After waiting about 10 minutes for the tender boat to fill up we were headed "home" to the Miracle.

DSCF4390.jpg

DSCF4391.jpg

At the beginning of the review I said we went to the MDR twice for dinner, but I lied. We went three times. After Half Moon Cay we took a short nap, relaxed, and went to dinner.

Cheese sticks (good, but only luke warm- I'm from Wisconsin and I love to take a bite of a cheese stick where the cheese is stringy, hot, and oozing out. . .but they were still good)

100_3067.jpg

DS had the duck app. I am so proud of him. He tried so many new things on this cruise and loved every one of them!

100_3069.jpg

DH had the mango bisque (I think that's what it was!). I had the strawberry bisque a different night and it was so good! It tasted just like a smoothie. . .highly recommend it!

100_3070.jpg

For dessert DS had the banana split (not on the menu, but you can ask for it!)

100_3074.jpg

Cheese platter for DH

100_3075.jpg

And tirimisu for me

100_3078.jpg

Overall a very good dinner and we were stuffed! We were going to go to the Generations show, but we never made it. We were exhausted and had a long day ahead in Nassau!

That last photo on Grand Turk is AWESOME ! Like a postcard - thanks for the great review and pics! We leave on the same cruise next Tuesday - I can't wait!

Love your review so far!! Will be sailing on her in 2 weeks from today....:D

Thanks for all the great pics...:)

I hope both of you have great cruises! I'll be crossing mt fingers for you to have great weather and calm seas. Thanks for reading!!

I signed on tonight just to read the rest of your review because I wasn't able to finish it this morning. *I cannot believe how much time you've spent doing this review!

I was born in NY right outside of the city and I absolutely love NYC. *Seeing your positive review of the city made my day! *It was so nice to read all the things you wrote about NY (along with comments made by others) and I loved your NYC pictures too! *So happy you enjoyed yourself in NY and hope you do get back soon. *A Broadway show and dinner would be great. *You should also go downtown to the South Street Seaport, The Village, Chinatown and the World Trade Center. *These are also must-sees.

I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your review of the Miracle because it will be my family's first time on this ship. *My kids are 16, 13 and 9. *We're going to celebrate our daughter's Sweet 16 (instead of having a big party like so many of her friends did). *We have 3 other families*

going with us too, all her best friends, who are also celebrating their Sweet 16.

**I'm hoping our kids will love Camp Carnival and maybe my husband and I*

will have a little time to ourselves!!

Aww- you are so sweet! *That means a lot- thanks! *I love being able to "journal" my cruise. *It's helping me remember all the little things so I don't get too sad it's over.

What a great Sweet 16 bday present!! *Can you adopt me- lol?! *Your kids will all have a great time and will meet a lot of other's their age to hang out with. *You and DH will definitly get some alone time. *That's the best part about a cruise- family time and "alone" time! *It was so relaxing and just what we all needed- no computers, no cell phones- just away from it all.

I have always wanted to see NYC. *Can you believe I lived in/toured Europe before seeing NYC? *I can't wait to go back- hopefully next year!! *

Hope you keep reading!! *

Thanks for the review. DH & I are really enjoying it. We sail on Miracle Oct 17th!! Can't wait!!

This pic of the ship is amazing!! I would LOVE to have a copy of it if you wouldn't mind.

I'm so glad you are enjoying the review and thanks so much for following along!

If you give me your email I would be happy to send you the pic (if you would like to original size). If you don't want to give out your email I think you can just right click on the pic and save it.

Hope you have a great cruise- Oct will be here before you know it!

Love your sunrise pic! Absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for taking the time to do the review. HMC is still on my list of "must dos".

Thanks and thank you for taking the time to read/comment! It's hard to take a bad pic when in some of the most beautiful islands.

HMC is beautiful. I hope you do go someday (and have great weather while there!).

Oh, this sounds like so much fun. Happy B'day to your DD. Remind the "kids" (and adults too!) that the aft Lido pool starboard side (Orpheus Bar, adults only pool/hot tub area) has "sundae fixins'" to top the soft ice cream after 3pm. It is never "advertised". Yummo! I love getting strawberry frozen yogurt and loading it with EVERYTHING chocolate! :D:p

Thanks for this great information!! I have already told her and plan on remembering since I have a soft spot for ice cream/frozen yogurt!! Yummy!!

Leaving on the Miracle in July with a group of 40. Your review is getting me so pumped for our cruise! Thank you for sharing with us! :D

When are you leaving? We're a party of 17 and leaving on July 1st. We can't wait either!! Sounds like a great trip!!

I'm so glad you are enjoying the review and thanks so much for following along!

If you give me your email I would be happy to send you the pic (if you would like to original size). If you don't want to give out your email I think you can just right click on the pic and save it.

Hope you have a great cruise- Oct will be here before you know it!

My E-mail address is lmtrn2001@live.com. Thanks!!! Your pics are beautiful...We loved HMC also. Enjoying the review!!

Archived