Miracle Eastern Review in Pics- First Time Cruiser! May 2011

thanks for writing such a wonderful review.... My cruise depression has been briefly lifted.....

thanks again

Thanks- I'm glad I could help at least for a little bit! I've read so many reviews I feel like I should be platinum by now ;)!

Thanks for reading!

Just finished reading your wonderful review. You have such a positive outlook on vacation and I'm sure life as well. I love reading first time cruisers reviews. The Sensation leaving at 7:00AM out of Nassau is what makes that weekend cruise out if Miami sooo great. You get to spend the whole day and night in Nassau! We live in Florida and it is a great weekend get away! I can't wait to read you next review. The pix were incredible! Hope you find the perfect second cruise!!!

Wow- I would love to stay overnight in Nassau- thank you! What a perfect weekend cruise!

I try to always "look on the brightside of life". And if I don't have to answer doorbells, phones, worry about paperwork, or checking computers- that is the PERFECT vacation. . .everything else is just details! I also love to explore new places.

Thank you so much for reading- I'm glad you enjoyed the photos!

We WILL find the perfect cruise- and it's so fun "window shopping"!

Wow! What a fantastic review! If you are looking for a great cruise out of a great port with a fantastic itinerary, thre Carnival Legend is wonderful!

Thank you so much and thanks for reading!

I know we would love the Legend since it's also a Spirit class ship. . .and I LOVE the itinerary. I REALLY want to do a Victor Bodden tour! It's on my short list. :D

That was quite the lovely review. Truly enjoyed your insight, especially from the viewpoint of first time cruisers. You posted some exceptional and breath taking photos, as well. Thank you for all your hard work!! BTW--your son is adorable fella!!

That was quite the lovely review. Truly enjoyed your insight, especially from the viewpoint of first time cruisers. You posted some exceptional and breath taking photos, as well. Thank you for all your hard work!! BTW--your son is adorable fella!!

Thank you. . .my photos are true amateur work compared to my little sis (she's an avid cruiser and a professional photographer). :o

My son may be adorable. . .but he is a ball of never ending energy!! He couldn't wait to stay up until 1 am for the Camp Carnival party- DH and I fell asleep around 11 and woke up just to pick him up from the party. He then asked for ice cream! Lol!

Thanks for reading! :D

I love your review! We are leaving on the Miracle on September 11th, headed to Bermuda.

Your pictures and detailed writing of your cruise makes me even more excited! Like someone else posted, your review has made my wait more un-bearable! (In a good way)!

We cruise 2 times a year with Carnival now, sometimes 3, and we totally love Carnival.

Thanks for such a great review, and get that next cruise booked ASAP! (We always have eatleast one or two booked at all times, it gives us something to constantly look forward to (especially in the cold winter months in the midwest)!

I love your review! We are leaving on the Miracle on September 11th, headed to Bermuda.

Your pictures and detailed writing of your cruise makes me even more excited! Like someone else posted, your review has made my wait more un-bearable! (In a good way)!

We cruise 2 times a year with Carnival now, sometimes 3, and we totally love Carnival.

Thanks for such a great review, and get that next cruise booked ASAP! (We always have eatleast one or two booked at all times, it gives us something to constantly look forward to (especially in the cold winter months in the midwest)!

Wow- I love your list of past cruises!! Have a great time on your Bermuda cruise- it looks like the September 11th cruise will be a special one!

I really need to book our next cruise, but have pick my vacation for next year first! You're close to where I live, so I know what you mean about those cold winters!! We we may be going to Scotland next year so I may be planning for two vacations (oh darn!!). Have you ever thought of a European cruise?

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment. Happy cruising!! :D

Wow- I love your list of past cruises!! Have a great time on your Bermuda cruise- it looks like the September 11th cruise will be a special one!

I really need to book our next cruise, but have pick my vacation for next year first! You're close to where I live, so I know what you mean about those cold winters!! We we may be going to Scotland next year so I may be planning for two vacations (oh darn!!). Have you ever thought of a European cruise?

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment. Happy cruising!! :D

We haven't looked into the European cruises much. We would love to do a Greecian cruise with the stop in Turkey, but Carnival doesn't really do those. We are taking the Freedom in Sept 2012 on the Southern Caribbean cruise, and in Feb 2012 we are doing the 5 day Bahama cruise out of Jacksonville.

Since we have become platinum on Carnival, we don't want to go back on another line because we would lose the perks.

Wow! Looks like you had a great time. Great review! We (DH, DD8, DD11 & I) sailed on the Carnival Miracle in late February. LOVED it! Great service, great times. Except when we were in Aruba (the port I was most excited for) it was rainy weather, and it was a Sunday so pretty much all of the shops were closed :( I was SO looking forward to shopping for some jewelry! But we still made the best of it...we went on a tour of the island in an open window bus..yeah, not such a good idea on a rainy day. LOL! But it was still fun.

BTW - I'm lovin' the braids your DH and DS got! Hahaha too funny :)

Wonderful review!!!

We just booked the Miracle for June 2012....for the 3rd time! I love that ship!

The 1st time it went to Puerto Rico, St. Thomas and Tortola and the 2nd time was the same islands you just did....both were amazing! The next trip is the same also....HMC GT and Nassau.

The one thing that really amazes me with your review is......how many different things your son ate at only 8 yrs old!

My son is 15. We were just on the Glory last month and he ordered chicken nuggets every night but one! We kept trying to get him to try other things and he said....but the chicken nuggets are amazing! LOL

We haven't looked into the European cruises much. We would love to do a Greecian cruise with the stop in Turkey, but Carnival doesn't really do those. We are taking the Freedom in Sept 2012 on the Southern Caribbean cruise, and in Feb 2012 we are doing the 5 day Bahama cruise out of Jacksonville.

Since we have become platinum on Carnival, we don't want to go back on another line because we would lose the perks.

I was looking into cruises on other lines and my son said, "But then we won't get the gold card!" Lol.

I'm really interested in the southern cruise. The ports in the southern Caribbean look amazing. Have a great time on both cruises!

Wow! Looks like you had a great time. Great review! We (DH, DD8, DD11 & I) sailed on the Carnival Miracle in late February. LOVED it! Great service, great times. Except when we were in Aruba (the port I was most excited for) it was rainy weather, and it was a Sunday so pretty much all of the shops were closed :( I was SO looking forward to shopping for some jewelry! But we still made the best of it...we went on a tour of the island in an open window bus..yeah, not such a good idea on a rainy day. LOL! But it was still fun.

BTW - I'm lovin' the braids your DH and DS got! Hahaha too funny :)

Lol- sounds like Aruba was an adventure!! I hope you get to go back someday. One of my friends has a timeshare in Aruba and always comes home with jewelry. I guess the one thing you can't depend on is the weather!!

DS wasn't sure about the braids at first because they are for "girls". When he got back to school everyone in his class was lined up to touch the braid and couldn't stop talking about them! He was the star of the school!

I'm glad you had as great of an experience on the Miracle as we did. Thanks for reading!!

Wonderful review!!!

We just booked the Miracle for June 2012....for the 3rd time! I love that ship!

The 1st time it went to Puerto Rico, St. Thomas and Tortola and the 2nd time was the same islands you just did....both were amazing! The next trip is the same also....HMC GT and Nassau.

The one thing that really amazes me with your review is......how many different things your son ate at only 8 yrs old!

My son is 15. We were just on the Glory last month and he ordered chicken nuggets every night but one! We kept trying to get him to try other things and he said....but the chicken nuggets are amazing! LOL

I would LOVE to go on the Miracle (or any Spirit class ship) again! It's going to be hard to try a different class of ship because I will be comparing it to the Miracle.

I would love to do San Juan, St. Thomas, and Tortola. They look like amazing ports!

DS is an "adventurous" eater thanks to DH. He definitly doesn't get that from me. . .I'm so picky and I don't eat seafood! So, I'm with your son on that one!! Lol.

Hope you have a great (3rd!!) time on the Miracle and thanks for reading!!

I love this review! I was married on the Miracle last year, and did the San Juan, St. Thomas, Grand Turk itinerary. I was on the Glory this year for the 5 day Canada cruise, and the Miracle is soooo much nicer! Hubby and I are planning on doing the GT, HMC, Nassau itinerary next summer for our 2nd anniversary!

Thanks so much for your review! We were on the same Miracle cruise with you and also enjoyed it very much. Reading this has helped me relive our cruise experience. I'm booked on the Miracle next April with my mom. (After seeing our pictures, she begged me to go with her. How could I refuse?) We'll be going to Grand Turk, St. Thomas and San Juan. I'm really looking forward to showing her around the ship. Hope your and your family can get back to cruising soon.

Thanks for the pics and info it helped - Hubby & I will be on the Miracle Sept. to Bermuda 1st time cruising - Can't wait!!

NYC is Great - so much to do/see - I live 15 minutes away and try to go into the city at least once a month. If u ever want to vacation there - stay in Jersey much much cheaper and just drive/bus/train into it. September or May is the best time of year there.

P.S. Any tips for the Miracle?

I love this review! I was married on the Miracle last year, and did the San Juan, St. Thomas, Grand Turk itinerary. I was on the Glory this year for the 5 day Canada cruise, and the Miracle is soooo much nicer! Hubby and I are planning on doing the GT, HMC, Nassau itinerary next summer for our 2nd anniversary!

Congrats on your wedding- what an amazing place to get married! I would definitly recommend a this itin for your second anniversary!

I would LOVE to visit San Juan and St. Thomas. We also looked at the Canada cruise next year on the Glory, but I think we'll wait until we are out of Caribbean islands for that! ;)

I wanted to bump this up since I think this is a great review and I have seen quite a bit of discussion about the Miracle lately.

Thanks! I can't believe how many people have viewed this! So glad it was worth all the work and I hope it helped at least one person!

Thanks so much for your review! We were on the same Miracle cruise with you and also enjoyed it very much. Reading this has helped me relive our cruise experience. I'm booked on the Miracle next April with my mom. (After seeing our pictures, she begged me to go with her. How could I refuse?) We'll be going to Grand Turk, St. Thomas and San Juan. I'm really looking forward to showing her around the ship. Hope your and your family can get back to cruising soon.

Glad you enjoyed the cruise also! I think it was a great mix of people on the ship! I can understand your mom wanting to go after seeing your pics- the islands were amazing. And you're right, how could you possibly refuse?

So jealous you are going to San Juan and St. Thomas!! I hope to go to those next year.

We will definitly be cruising next year- just have to wait until I pick my vacation to see what our options are. My husband says everyday, "I wish we were on a cruise right now!" It's the only vacation he has been THIS interested in (although he loves to travel as much as me).

Have a great time next year!!

Thanks for the pics and info it helped - Hubby & I will be on the Miracle Sept. to Bermuda 1st time cruising - Can't wait!!

NYC is Great - so much to do/see - I live 15 minutes away and try to go into the city at least once a month. If u ever want to vacation there - stay in Jersey much much cheaper and just drive/bus/train into it. September or May is the best time of year there.

P.S. Any tips for the Miracle?

You will love the Miracle and LOVE cruising!! It's true what they say- you will be addicted!! I've heard Bermuda is really beautiful.

NYC was amazing- I wish we had been able to spend more than one night there. I would love to see a Broadway show and Central Park (all the touristy stuff). It's not totally checked off my bucket list yet- just a 1/2 check right now. I'm a city girl at heart and try to make it to Chicago every few months. If we didn't have a son we'd be living in a big city somewhere.

I will definitly have to check out Jersey next time we go- the prices were crazy!!

Tips? Let's see. . .If you see only one show go to the "Ticket to Ride" show- it was really good!

If you feel too crowded on the lido deck and want some quiet time while getting a tan, go to the sun deck. . .the chairs were almost always empty and they looked out over the ocean instead of the pool.

Don't forget about the "Fun Farewell" party with free drinks on the last full day!

Try the steakhouse- we wish we had!! I've heard such amazing things about it and really regret not going.

Don't try to look for your pics around dinner time- it's SOOO crowded that you can't see a thing! Any other time of day is okay.

Try lunch at least once in the MDR. It was really good- and there were only a couple other people in there!

Spend one night walking to the funnel (whale tail) and sit near it to look up at the sky. It's a peaceful area and nice to just sit and talk and look up at the stars. Very romantic too if with your SO.

Enjoy everything!! Remember, it's a vacation. Have fun, relax, and try to take it all in. You will miss things, forget things, and not want to do things. It's okay. It's overwhelming. Take a deep breath, make memories, and begin planning the next one!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, cruised the Miracle last year and we will be doing it again Sept. 3 of this year. Your brought back all the wonderful things about the Miracle, and let me add you couldn't have picked a nicer ship for your first cruise.

Sharon

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, cruised the Miracle last year and we will be doing it again Sept. 3 of this year. Your brought back all the wonderful things about the Miracle, and let me add you couldn't have picked a nicer ship for your first cruise.

Sharon

Glad I could bring back some memories and get you excited for your next cruise! I'm worried we picked the best ship with an 8 day itin and may have ruined any other cruise!! I don't know that I could do less than 8 days!!

Hope you have great weather and a great cruise in September!! :D

Glad I could bring back some memories and get you excited for your next cruise! I'm worried we picked the best ship with an 8 day itin and may have ruined any other cruise!! I don't know that I could do less than 8 days!!

Hope you have great weather and a great cruise in September!! :D

From my experience the longer the cruise the better!!!

Thanks for the reply,

Sharon

Archived