Miracle Eastern Review in Pics- First Time Cruiser! May 2011

After the ship cleared customs they began called self disembarking guests by deck level. It started with deck 6, then I believe it went 7, 8, 5, 4. . .that was us.

We took our last elevator ride down and were off the ship. . .:(

Once off the ship there was a woman directing us where to go. . .left for US citizens, right for all others. Because my husband is a permanent resident with a UK passport we all headed right. There was NO line. It was just a bunch of bored looking customs officers. It took us about 1 minute to clear customs. We walked past the US citizen counter on our way out and there was again NO line! But there was a lot of luggage. I can't imagine having to find my luggage in that sea of suitcases!

We arrived at the exit for the terminal, turned in our customs form, and that was it. Our cruise was "officially" over.

We walked to the taxi line. . .and again, NO line (except for the 15 taxis that were waiting for passengers).

I didn't check the time, but I would guess we were in Penn Station at around 10 am, if not a little before.

We didn't arrive to our house until around 6:30 pm on Sunday night. It was a long journey home, but SO worth it!

FINAL REVIEW!!

The Good: EVERYTHING!!

The food ranged from good, to very good, to excellent! It was so hard to come home to any empty fridge. I want a Carnival buffet in my house!

The service was amazing, outstanding, and every other good word there is! Everywhere we went on the ship we were met with smiles from all the crew. They were effecient, helpful, and friendly. They really went out of their way to make sure every person on board was having a great vacation.

The islands- PARADISE! Absolutly what I envisioned the Caribbean to be like.

Camp Carnival was perfect for my son. He could look through the activities and decide what he wanted to do each day. He didn't go a lot during the day, but he loved the extended hours parties. He went to all the parties and I believe we paid probably around $40 total.

The drinks were excellent! I tried a little of this and that and decided my favorite was the Dirty Banana. DH was just happy they had Boddington's (his Scottish beer of choice).

The rooms were a perfect size for our family of 3. I can't imagine having more than 3 people in there, but that's just me. It worked out great for us. Next time- no matter where we go- we are going with a balcony. I didn't know how much time we would spend in our room, so we didn't go with a balcony this cruise. We spent a decent amount of time relaxing in our room watching the sea from our french door so I think I would spend a lot of time on a balcony.

The Bad: Hmmm. . .drink prices. That's about it. But really, that's how they make their money.

I also wish the pictures were cheaper to purchase. They are the same price as the one's at Disney, but at Disney I only found one I wanted- not 15! Also, Disney sells a cd with all the photos on it that I would be interested in purchasing if Carnival ever decides to do this.

Other than that, nothing I can say was bad. Sure there were things I tried and didn't like, but that was just a little lesson learned. Didn't ruin my cruise one bit.

The Ugly: Okay, some of the artwork was a little ugly in the halls. That's it. That's the only thing I can think of. . .:p

I can't wait until our next cruise. I'm not sure where, when, or what, but from somewhere, to somewhere, and sometime in 2012. I can't wait to get back on a ship, have another DOD, and sit on MY BALCONY and relax. I can't wait to turn off my cellphone and disconnect from the world to spend time falling in love again with DH and giving DS the time of his life. I can't wait to see my next sunrise and sunset at sea. Until then. . .thanks for reading!!

I hope eveyone that has a future cruise planned has a great time! If anyone has any questions I would be happy to answer them. . .thanks again!

DSCF4192.jpg

Your review has made my 43 days more bearable!

Happy sailing to you all!

I'm so glad! I hope you have a great cruise. . .let me know what you thought when you get back!

Now that my review has ended I feel all empty inside again. . .luckily I have lots of research to do to find my next cruise!

What deck is Gatsby's Garden on? We are going on 1-27-12 for a 2 day sailing to Nassau. I want to make sure I don't miss anything on the ship to see as we only have the two days!

I know what you mean about the glass staircase! We were on the sister ship the Carnival Spirit and she had that staircase! Scary! BUT I intend to climb her to eat in the Steakhouse that first night! YUM.

Thanks for the review and the pics. You did an awesome job!:D:D

What deck is Gatsby's Garden on? We are going on 1-27-12 for a 2 day sailing to Nassau. I want to make sure I don't miss anything on the ship to see as we only have the two days!

I know what you mean about the glass staircase! We were on the sister ship the Carnival Spirit and she had that staircase! Scary! BUT I intend to climb her to eat in the Steakhouse that first night! YUM.

Thanks for the review and the pics. You did an awesome job!:D:D

Gatsby's Garden is on deck 3 aft. . .right before the theater. It is such a peaceful place to sit and watch the ocean through the giant portholes. It always seemed empty too.

I climbed the glass staircase, didn't enjoy it one bit! :eek:!! Haha. . .I've heard Nick and Nora's is great- I would love to try it one day.

Thank you, and thanks for reading! Have a great time!

Just wanted to thank you for such a wonderful review, I loved all your pictures. I leave on the Miracle in 4 weeks & have been looking soon long for Miracle reviews.

I'm so jealous. . .I wish I was going in 4 weeks!! It was hard to find a Miracle review which is one of the reasons I wanted to do this. Thank you and thanks for reading- have a great cruise!

We're leaving on the Miracle in 50 days!!! Can't wait. I was great to read all about the ship and your experiences right before we left. Excellent job!!!

Thank you! I hope you enjoy the Miracle as much as I did!!

What a great review. Thank you. I am now looking forward to possibly booking this cruise July 25!!! I'm glad you had a great time, and again thank you for a great review:D

BOOK IT!! It was a really great cruise and I can't wait to book our next one. I hope you have a great time on your cruise and thanks for reading!!

Thanks for your fabulous review. I've been eyeing this itinerary on the Miracle for next year. We've been on many Carnival ships but not Miracle and have not been to those ports.

Thanks again.

The Miracle was a great ship (although I have nothing to compare it to) and the islands were beautiful. Half Moon Cay is perfect.

Thanks for reading and I hope you have a great cruise whatever you decide!

Thank you for this GREAT REVIEW! I'm sailing day after tomorrow and after this taste I can hardly wait! :D

Oh, I'm so jealous! The day after tomorrow I will be sitting at my desk working hard. . .sigh. . .:p. I hope you have great weather and smooth sailing!! Thanks for reading!! :D

I really loved your review. Thank you so much for sharing.

I probably won't be able to go til Fall 2012 but I would love this same itinerary.

I really loved our itinerary- and especially loved having sea days. It was a nice contrast to our busy port days (because lying on a beach is so hectic ;)).

I would love to do this itinerary again also, but we are doing either Southern or Western to see new places. We definitly will be back to these places one day though.

Fall 2012 will probably be our next cruise too. . .seems so far away, doesn't it?? *sigh*

:) Hello CruisinFamily 3 !!

I've been reading your terrific review several times over for the last two weeks! Thanks so much for writing such an extensive account and with all the great photos too! My friend and i are doing this trip on August 2nd and your review has got me more excited than ever for our trip!! We are staying several nights in NYC too on either side of the cruise...just can't wait!!

Thanks so much for all your info : )

:) Hello CruisinFamily 3 !!

I've been reading your terrific review several times over for the last two weeks! Thanks so much for writing such an extensive account and with all the great photos too! My friend and i are doing this trip on August 2nd and your review has got me more excited than ever for our trip!! We are staying several nights in NYC too on either side of the cruise...just can't wait!!

Thanks so much for all your info : )

Thank you- I'm so glad you enjoyed it! You will love everything about your trip- from NYC to the cruise. It's all fab!

Time goes quick though- I can't believe it's been almost two months since we left for NYC! I really need to get another cruise booked! :D

Have a great time and let me know what you thought!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished reading your wonderful review. You have such a positive outlook on vacation and I'm sure life as well. I love reading first time cruisers reviews. The Sensation leaving at 7:00AM out of Nassau is what makes that weekend cruise out if Miami sooo great. You get to spend the whole day and night in Nassau! We live in Florida and it is a great weekend get away! I can't wait to read you next review. The pix were incredible! Hope you find the perfect second cruise!!!

Archived