Can you pack .... in your checked luggage?

Hello,

My question, can you pack aerosol cans of sunscreen or deodorant in your checked baggage? Same question for sunscreen creams or gels. I not sure about the current air travel restrictions?

If you're referring to air travel I would say Yes. Carry-on is a different story.

I usually put the aerosol cans into a zip loc bag just in case the pressure pops the lid off. I wouldn't want hair spray all over my clothes.:eek:

I'm glad I read this. I've never thought of that and have been fortunate enough that it has never happen to me. But, I will be doing this in the future. :D Great idea!

Another trick is to put a small piece of duct tape over the top. It's always a good thing to bring duct tape just in case. You never know when it will come in handy! The restriction on carrying stuff through security is it has to be 3 oz. or less.

TSA allowances for CARRY-ON luggage for US domestic flights: As many 3.4 oz or smaller (= 100ml or 95g) of liquids, aerosols, pastes, lotions, nail polish, cologne, gels, lotions, etc., as will fit in a single 1 quart or 1 liter bag.

For TSA purposes, peanut butter, yoghurt, pudding or creamy or paste foods count as liquids. They can be included in the 1 quart/1 liter bag but are not allowed in addition to other items in your baggie if they do not fit.

Medicines, necessary over-the-counter meds (e.g., contact lens solution, cough syrup) fall under different rules, as do beverages and foods for toddlers. (Note: If the children are too big for a stoller or are clearly not toddlers or have special medical needs, NO exceptions are made. Older children can eat airport food or fruit, sandwiches, etc., that you bring from home). TSA tests around the outside of oversize item that fall under these categories.

Additional details at http://www.tsa.gov.

Archived