All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

Does anyone know if they supply toddler bed rails on request on EOS? I am planning to have my 3 year old in the twin bed and am hoping they will be able to provide bed rails so I don't have to buy and pack any (she is in a toddler bed at home) Thanks for any info!

Anyone know if there is a place to get protein shakes onboard...I usually have one after my workout. Id like to avoid bringing my own white protein powder aboard as this may raise some flags for obvious reasons.

Anyone know if there is a place to get protein shakes onboard...I usually have one after my workout. Id like to avoid bringing my own white protein powder aboard as this may raise some flags for obvious reasons.

There isn't any place to get one. I took a 4 pack of EAS shakes with me on our cruise. They aren't bad at room temp & were simpler than bringing my own powder & shaker cup.

I bring my own powder...also those liquid protein shots....bring enough for one per day which I have before my morning run....

I buy a small container and keep unopened with the shrink seal still on it, just enough for the cruise..never had a problem with security...they know what the stuff is...

Edited by B-52

Well Beachbuddy, maybe we will end up being cruise buddies!:p

Ocean Boy, That would be nice after all these years of chatting on these boards.........LOL

Cris, are you reading these boards? What do you think?? Meg, how about you........any thoughts about this one?

Well Beachbuddy, maybe we will end up being cruise buddies!:p

Ocean Boy, Our grandson's soccer team just won the PA State Cup today and will be advancing to the Regionals which are being held in your home town sometime toward the end of June.

I bring my own powder...also those liquid protein shots....bring enough for one per day which I have before my morning run....

I buy a small container and keep unopened with the shrink seal still on it, just enough for the cruise..never had a problem with security...they know what the stuff is...

There isn't any place to get one. I took a 4 pack of EAS shakes with me on our cruise. They aren't bad at room temp & were simpler than bringing my own powder & shaker cup.

Thanks for the replies, ill probably wind up bringing the individual packs

Is it today that they are going to announce her itineraries from PC? I have a feeling that Key West is included in on of them.

Is EX too big for Key West? I thought there was an issue with ship size and the channel.

Is EX too big for Key West? I thought there was an issue with ship size and the channel.

They brought one of the Voyager ships into Key West a few months ago to test it out. It worked. There was thread on these boards about it. I seem to remember it being Mariner that they used but I could be wrong on that.

So.....excited! Just booked the 14-night Southern Caribbean cruise. Have never cruised to Bermuda and have never been on the Explorer. :) Booked a "hump" Junior Suite cabin. Guess I will have to start reading up on the Explorer. Hope she is still in good condition after all these years and no dry dock before then.

we just booked the explorer for nye next year 2014. we never been on explorer we booked an juniorsuite on deck ten at the very back the aft anyone ever stayed in these? wondering how the balconies are thanks

i was on navigator few years ago im sure theyt are siniliar right

we just booked the explorer for nye next year 2014. we never been on explorer we booked an juniorsuite on deck ten at the very back the aft anyone ever stayed in these? wondering how the balconies are thanks

i was on navigator few years ago im sure theyt are siniliar right

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1598265

• 2 weeks later...

3-5 nights has 1 formal night.

6-13 nights has 2 formal nights.

14 & up has 3.

I don't know about times getting off the ship but I'm sure someone will be able to answer that question.

If you carry off your luggage are you expected to carry it on to the shuttle or is there a compartment under the bus for storage? I'm considering carrying off myself but I don't believe I'd be able to carry my bags up a few stairs without quite a bit of struggle.

If you carry off your luggage are you expected to carry it on to the shuttle or is there a compartment under the bus for storage? I'm considering carrying off myself but I don't believe I'd be able to carry my bags up a few stairs without quite a bit of struggle.

You have to carry it from your room to your car.

No compartment under bus. I would not do it.

You have to carry it from your room to your car.

No compartment under bus. I would not do it.

Well then there goes that thought of ever carrying off after a 9 night cruise! I totally overpack. I couldn't imagine being on a shuttle with all those suitcases.