All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

Could someone tell me if or what the differences are between the Balcony E1 and E2 Cabins on the EOS? The price difference is $100.

It looks like most of the E1 cabins are on Deck 8 and most of the E2 Cabins are on Deck 7, but I'm not sure if I'm reading the deck plan correctly.

Thanks

Could someone tell me if or what the differences are between the Balcony E1 and E2 Cabins on the EOS? The price difference is $100.

It looks like most of the E1 cabins are on Deck 8 and most of the E2 Cabins are on Deck 7, but I'm not sure if I'm reading the deck plan correctly.

Thanks

One of those two categories is larger than the other. You can compare them on the RCI website by clicking on Staterooms under Plan a Cruise.

One of those two categories is larger than the other. You can compare them on the RCI website by clicking on Staterooms under Plan a Cruise.

I did and I got the same dimensions for both the E1 and E2 Cabins see below:

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom

360 TOUR | PHOTOS Two twin beds (can convert into queen-size), private balcony sitting area with sofa and a private bathroom. Rates vary from deck to deck. (164.7 sq. ft., balcony 51.1 sq. ft.)

• OCCUPANCY: Up to 2 Guests
  • deckplan Codes: e1.gife2.gif

Edited by ck7

Thanks

E1 and E2 rooms are the same size. E1 rooms tend to be more expensive because of location (for the rooms on deck 8), or they are connecting rooms and/or rooms with a pullman bed.

I did and I got the same dimensions for both the E1 and E2 Cabins see below:

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom

360 TOUR | PHOTOS Two twin beds (can convert into queen-size), private balcony sitting area with sofa and a private bathroom. Rates vary from deck to deck. (164.7 sq. ft., balcony 51.1 sq. ft.)

• OCCUPANCY: Up to 2 Guests
  • deckplan Codes: e1.gife2.gif

I stand corrected! We were on deck six with a deluxe balcony and really enjoyed it. If you can get a room higher up you will have a more expansive view, but I actually like being a bit closer to the sea and smelling the sea air.

The Junior Suites do not have the perks that Grand Suites have however they are considerably larger than regular balcony rooms. The bathrooms have a tub as well as a shower and are larger. There is a privacy curtain between the beds and the sitting area. Since the room is wider so are the balconies. We have stayed in the Junior Suites on the Explorer many times and will be in one again, leaving this Friday. They have a very large walk in closet. Having been on other cruise lines we've found these to be the largest and best layed out Junior Suites so far.

I've been reading some really negative Explorer reviews here on Cruise Critic recently. Anyone off of Explorer this month? What were your thoughts on the sewage smell, rude staff and terrible customer service? Please share.

We have never had poor customer service on the Explorer and we have never experienced rude staff. As a matter of fact, I think the staff on the Explorer are more accomodating, friendly and outgoing than any staff I experienced on any other ship. We always found them to be great!!!

As far as a sewage smell, we did not smell any last time we were on the ship, however, we have smelled it a few times in the past even on other ships but it's nothing that hangs around forever. You might get a wiff and then it's gone.............LOL

I haven't read any negative things so don't know exactly what these negative things were.

I've been reading some really negative Explorer reviews here on Cruise Critic recently. Anyone off of Explorer this month? What were your thoughts on the sewage smell, rude staff and terrible customer service? Please share.

Were on Explorer over New Year's. Service was very good--usual for RCI with some minor exceptions. No smell, and most crewmembers were polite and helpful. Everyone has different experiences, though, so I wouldn't be worried about reading more negative reviews as of late. You'll have a great time!

Glad to hear good things. These negative reviews I read were here on Cruise Critic under the member reviews. They were some of the most recent reviews from December and January.

We had some bad weather over New Year's, so it's possible that you tend to notice things when you are not enjoying beautiful sun and warmth that you wouldn't otherwise notice. I'm not saying the reviews are factually inaccurate, and we did have a few problems with service and less than satisfactory experiences, but when you are indoors and have lousy weather (combined with late arrivals to port and missing Coco Cay) it is easy to dwell on the negatives.

The Junior Suites do not have the perks that Grand Suites have however they are considerably larger than regular balcony rooms. We have stayed in the Junior Suites on the Explorer many times and will be in one again, leaving this Friday.

Hey there! There's a bunch of us folks leaving this Friday on the Ex. Why don't you hop on over to the roll call and check it out! We've got a good group going!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=32122194&posted=1#post32122194

For recent cruisers: I think I read the movie theatre was not working last week...is it back up and running? What are the movies currently playing on the TV and movie theatre? I like to download some movies for the trip and do not want to rent anything that I can view on the TV. Thanks

What do you watch the movies on...your laptop? Yes, I'm technologically challenged!

Hey there! There's a bunch of us folks leaving this Friday on the Ex. Why don't you hop on over to the roll call and check it out! We've got a good group going!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=32122194&posted=1#post32122194

Hi,

Unfortunately I have to wait until March 9th to sail the Explorer. If you get a chance, could you please post who the CD is and if Richard Spacey is going to be on through the end of March.

Thanks!:)

Anyone ever booked in 1358? Booked for June 2nd seems like a good at the price when I booked, Have only had Promenade roomsin past trying something different whatdo you think. Thanks in advance

We didn't stay in one, but they looked to be very nice. The windows are much larger than the outside views, and you can watch parades and people on the promenade from your room. However, people can easily see in from down below, so make sure you keep your blinds shut when you want privacy. Also, I have heard that they tend to be a bit noiser than many like. However, if you got a good deal, it is certainly better than an inside room.

Maybe wasn't clear in my question was asking about 1385 a JS. I have been in the Promenade rooms only, loved them. First time right over a Pub singing and noise to one or two I believe. Listened to Sweet Caroline a million times. It was a bit much but still fun and part of a great cruise. Also a story to tell everyone. Hope this clears up my question. Thanks again.