All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

if you aren't too far away, i would suggest driving up......if you send me an email...i MAY still have the email address of someone at the pier...(oopsy...i didn't see right away that you're in CT....sorry!)

mojitomeg gmail

(i am sure you can figure out the @ and dot com parts...:D)

just put CC in the subject

Edited by megr1125

No I did not now about the lost and found is there a way to contact them now. The Porter never mentioned it and I did not know enough to ask. Thanks for the info though I will try that route tomorrow.

I'm really surprised the Porter didn't tell you to check there. It was the Porter that took my husband over to the lost and found area. Our name tag was on our luggage but because the colored number tag fell off they had no idea where to put it.

Good Luck!!

Patty

Not sure if there is a better thread for this.

I have a question that I hope someone can answer. We traveled on Explorer in Dec 11th out of NJ . When we got off we got a Porter and we could not find 1 of our bags. The Porter assured me they would send it when they found it. It is now Feb.

I have called the port and send many emails but have not gotten any response. I even took a survey where you list the problem and it asks if you would like someone to contact you.

Does anyone have a better email or phone number to call. Thanks so much .

At this point I'd consider it gone

Has anyone done this on the Explorer? What exactly does it include? I've read it starts at a lounge for cocktails- are these included? Also have read wine is included, but also have seen beer and champagne mentioned. I understand it is a preset menu- does anyone know what the choices are? I keep seeing conflicting info but I don't know if it varies by ship or just misinformation:confused:. If anyone who has done this recently can answer my questions it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

We sailed over New Year's and it was a tall, blonde woman (if that helps at all). Unfortunately, I do not remember her name.

Does Renee ring a bell? If you booked with her, her name will be on the booking.

Edited by Mom.to.2

Just off the Explorer January 27 (28) sailing.

Check in was a breeze, departure when well.

We were given a 15% discount off the fare because we lost the one day plus taxes and port chg.

We had a great cruise and enjoyed meeting our fellow cruisers.

Royal does not know how to run a good M&M.

Lynn, great job with the slot pull it was fun.

We did not have any problems on the cruise.

The food was good, our dinning room staff was excellent (Janet, Anwar, and Carlos.)

Our room was in fair shape and our room attendant Joseph did a great job.

The headliner shows were excellent and the production

shows were the same as the last five years.

Over all a great cruise and we are looking forward to May 24 when we cruise the Explorer for the 12Th time to celebrate our 55Th anniv.

Happy sailings to you all and may we meet again in the future.

Dick & Mari

I saw a mention in the Explorer from a past cruise that tickets for the ice show were handed out on day 1. However, I couldn't find when the show actually took place... What day is the ice show? We are on the 9-day Bahamas/Caribbean, FWIW.

I saw a mention in the Explorer from a past cruise that tickets for the ice show were handed out on day 1. However, I couldn't find when the show actually took place... What day is the ice show? We are on the 9-day Bahamas/Caribbean, FWIW.

We did a seven-night NYE sailing. Tickets were distributed between 7:30 and 9:30[?] p.m. on the first night. They had several shows--I believe two on day 3 and one on day 5, but the nine-nighter might be different. The shows are not on day 1. All the shows are the same, so just pick one. Also, if you are platinum or up, you will get a special top-tier show for which you do not need tickets.

Hi,

Just a couple of questions...

For the platinum and up Ice Show, does this include the 5day sailings also?

Has anyone seen the review from another poster (new today on page 1) regarding the 'smell' on the Explorer? I'm beginning to regret my decision to sail on this ship...hope his review is a huge exaggeration.:confused:

That's my post, sorry, it's not an exaggeration. I believe you will find several more like it.

HaHa!! Thanks for your post...I must admit, I'm sorry it's not an exaggeration :) I actually have seen numerous posts regarding the 'smell' on the Explorer...so after reading yours, I posted the question on the RCI facebook page. In the past when I've posted there, someone eventually responds...don't know if it will help and I'm really beginning to regret my decision to sail on this ship. BTW: I was prepared to baby my hubby who is not the best cruise companion in the world, but I don't think either of us want to deal with these unpleasant odors onboard. I really hope RCI steps up to the plate and makes its customers more comfortable, especially now.

Hi,

Just a couple of questions...

For the platinum and up Ice Show, does this include the 5day sailings also?

Has anyone seen the review from another poster (new today on page 1) regarding the 'smell' on the Explorer? I'm beginning to regret my decision to sail on this ship...hope his review is a huge exaggeration.:confused:

Explorer usually sails a ten-day cruise, so you it might not be that easy to find info on the five-nighter. My guess, however, is that ice show tickets will still be distributed on night one. Get there early, however, as the line gets long very fast.

We did not experience a smell, although many have written about this in their reviews. Perhaps we did not pay close enough attention, but it did not stand out for us. I wouldn't worry too much, although this is based on only my own experience.

Explorer is a great ship, and you will not regret your decision to sail on EOS. BTW: the sandwiches in Cafe Promenade, while less of a selection than on Freedom class ships, are great!