All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

Do they have iron's in the room for touching up clothes? I can't remember........I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be allowed to bring one if they don't.

No irons allowed, nor are they provided in the room. You can, however, have your clothes pressed--prices are pretty reasonable.

Hi. Is 1388 too small for four adults (DH,Myself,DD-24,and DS-22)? Other option is two promenades. Couldn't believe the cabin was available. Oh, it's for a five-nighter.Thanks for any insights.

As long as the room is designed to accomodate four people, its fine. You'll just need to be aware that it is close quarters and patience will be required if everyone is trying to get ready at the same time. Packing light is also in order to fit four adult's worth of clothes into the closet/drawers, but if its five nights only, you should be okay.

I seem to remember their was one on the Oasis, but I had brought my own, so I can't remember for sure. Will there be one in our stateroom? Thanks

yes in the drawer in the desk..you have to hold the button down when you use it...

Has anyone tried the Coke Rewards for the 9 night cruises that go to Bermuda and Caribbean? Or does anyone know if they work by any chance?

Make sure you read the fine print. The reward is for a one time $50 onboard credit. You can only use one reward per cabin and you must book in March.

I was excited when I saw this, but quickly was deflated when I read the fine print.

Hope this helps

Just wondering if anyone had any experience with the in-room babysitting service on Explorer? I'm bringing my 9 month old and may like to have dinner at Portofino one night. (I searched threads and didn't see any other with answer)

Just wondering if anyone had any experience with the in-room babysitting service on Explorer? I'm bringing my 9 month old and may like to have dinner at Portofino one night. (I searched threads and didn't see any other with answer)

sorry. i have not...my child has four feet, fur, whiskers and for some silly reason, cats aren't permitted on ships!:D But in all seriousness I am sure someone here will have an answer for you..

awesome. I thought so, thanks for confirming.

you're welcome...we aim to please...

We used the babysitting service in Nov. They send 2 girls and they stay the whole time together. It was $18 hour but we felt well worth it. We used them for the grandkids to treat kids to portofinos and then again for the quest. Will do it again in a heart beat!

for 20 - yes - a little more space but makes a difference - stay away from deck 6 if you mind metal bottom on the balcony other decks are plexi glass

We just booked 6616 on the hump. This will be only our 2nd balcony. 1st was on deck 6 of Liberty so I assumed they would be the same. Since this is a little smaller ship is that why the metal bottoms? Does it really make that much of a difference?

We just booked 6616 on the hump. This will be only our 2nd balcony. 1st was on deck 6 of Liberty so I assumed they would be the same. Since this is a little smaller ship is that why the metal bottoms? Does it really make that much of a difference?

The balconies on Explorer are built into the megastructure as opposed to outside of it. I imagine the metal bottom on deck six has something to do with this. The metal bottom will make ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE to your enjoyment. Those clear bottoms are often times not all that clear anyway. We had a deck six hump cabin and LOVED it. I'm sure you will too.

Has anyone tried the Coke Rewards for the 9 night cruises that go to Bermuda and Caribbean? Or does anyone know if they work by any chance?

You are probably already booked. It is only good for 2012 departures that include Bermuda and are for 6 days or more. It must be booked between March 1 and May 31. We qualify for everything except we are booked already. Knew it was too good to be true.

The balconies on Explorer are built into the megastructure as opposed to outside of it. I imagine the metal bottom on deck six has something to do with this. The metal bottom will make ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE to your enjoyment. Those clear bottoms are often times not all that clear anyway. We had a deck six hump cabin and LOVED it. I'm sure you will too.

Thanks for the info. I kept it the same. I've always heard "Hump" cabins are nice. I can upgrade to a D2 for only $60. Over the 10 nights, that's hardly anything. Good choices on both deck 7 & 8. Why I obsess about these things.....

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?e1vfk0

We used the babysitting service in Nov. They send 2 girls and they stay the whole time together. It was $18 hour but we felt well worth it. We used them for the grandkids to treat kids to portofinos and then again for the quest. Will do it again in a heart beat!

Thank you, I feel better knowing its two people and my kids should be sleeping while they're there.

Where do you wait to get picked up after debarkation?

Also is there an area where our ride can wait until we give them the call that we are off the ship?

It is pretty easy.

Your ride can park in the lot. When you get all of your luggage, just call or have your driver meet you where you come out and just go to your car.

It is pretty easy.

Your ride can park in the lot. When you get all of your luggage, just call or have your driver meet you where you come out and just go to your car.

Are you talking about the parking lot where the cruisers leave their cars? Wouldn't they have to pay?