All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

I'm Clastrophobic and try to avoid taking elevators at all costs... So my question is, when getting on and offf the ship, do you hav to use an elevator?

Thanks in advance!

Most times you get off the ship on deck 2 so depending on where your cabin is, yes, you might have to take an elevator. Try using the elevators that are glass......maybe that will help matters as you won't feel as closed in.

Patty

I'm Clastrophobic and try to avoid taking elevators at all costs... So my question is, when getting on and offf the ship, do you hav to use an elevator?

Thanks in advance!

You don't HAVE to take the elevator. The stairs go all the way down.

Thanks in advance!

You never have to take the steps, if you don't mind walking. The steps go to deck one to let you off at port.

Hi! I have cabin #9690 on hold for a Bermuda cruise. Any problems with that cabin/balcony/location??? Thanks!

I got off on the 19th and was at the opposite end in 9516. I did walk the entire length several times and never smelled a thing. I only noticed the smell twice. Both times it was in public areas and both times it was gone as soon as I noticed it. I read a lot on here about the condition of the ship and of course the smell and was quite worried. I thought the ship was in great shape.

I got off on the 19th and was at the opposite end in 9516. I did walk the entire length several times and never smelled a thing. I only noticed the smell twice. Both times it was in public areas and both times it was gone as soon as I noticed it. I read a lot on here about the condition of the ship and of course the smell and was quite worried. I thought the ship was in great shape.

Of course I wasn't in your cabin, but as far as odor in that area, and condition of the ship, it was fine!

We were on the EOS last Nov. on deck 8 pretty well to the back of the ship. We did notice a smell some of the time, but nothing that we felt was that odd. I didn't think much about it, just that maybe some of the smell from the kitchen was floating around. We did just book for the Bermuda cruise in Oct. I am hoping that they spruced up the cabins some. Our cabin looked like it needed some attention! There were rug and furniture stains. They were kind of gross!

On our honeymoon on explorer 10 years ago we remember a party late at night "toga" party i believe...and they served great shoots call woo woo's...my DW loved em'...do they still do some sort of party, as we cruise less than 52 days.. and we are wondering???:D

On our honeymoon on explorer 10 years ago we remember a party late at night "toga" party i believe...and they served great shoots call woo woo's...my DW loved em'...do they still do some sort of party, as we cruise less than 52 days.. and we are wondering???:D

I remember Explorer doing Toga parties back in 2001 when she was in Miami. That was the only cruise we were on that had the Toga party. They handed sheets out at the door as you went into the room or you could have picked up your sheets earlier if you wanted to be in the toga contest. There were some very creative togas......LOL We have been on the Explorer many times and they never did it on any of our other cruises.

Patty

Hi! I have cabin #9690 on hold for a Bermuda cruise. Any problems with that cabin/balcony/location??? Thanks!

Had that balcony (9690 on the Explorer)) my favorite aft balcony. Great view, corner view up the port side. Does have a pole running on the left side of balcony almost at the divider to 9692. great aft balcony

Had that balcony (9690 on the Explorer)) my favorite aft balcony. Great view, corner view up the port side. Does have a pole running on the left side of balcony almost at the divider to 9692. great aft balcony

Thanks! I did book 9690. I was wondering why it was listed as "obstructed", but I liked that it was a corner and would probably have more of a view.

Thanks! I did book 9690. I was wondering why it was listed as "obstructed", but I liked that it was a corner and would probably have more of a view.

I'm kind of bummed! Somehow this cabin got pulled out from under us. RCC doesn't know what happened. I ended up with #8690. I hope it's just as good or better!

Tried a search and nothing ... Booked a Promenade for the first time, mid ship deck 7. Anyone have some good pics? Would deck 8 be better?

We stayed in a promenade cabin (7555) for the first time this past February. It had enough storage for all our clothes and we were sailing BTB for 21 days! Two nice loveseats - one at the window and the other at a right angle. In the photo the cabin door is hiding the other loveseat. Regular size closet with shelves and another set of shelves above the TV - not flat screen. Hope this helps you. Enjoy!

923847022_cabin7555.jpg.21690e70026dc7fede58cb0bda028f35.jpg

One week and a day and we are outta Brooklyn, heading to Jersey, boarding Expplorer and heading to BERMUDA!!!!! EXCITED!!!

Anyone familiar with cabin 3610? That's what I have booked for myself, hubby and our two sequels aged 10 and 7.

Adventure Ocean a sure bet for kids entertainment?

Recommendations regarding sightseeing in Bermuda? We were thinking BAMZ, a cave (which one?) and a fort (which one?)... any info provided is greatly appreciated!

One week and a day and we are outta Brooklyn, heading to Jersey, boarding Expplorer and heading to BERMUDA!!!!! EXCITED!!!

Anyone familiar with cabin 3610? That's what I have booked for myself, hubby and our two sequels aged 10 and 7.

Adventure Ocean a sure bet for kids entertainment?

Recommendations regarding sightseeing in Bermuda? We were thinking BAMZ, a cave (which one?) and a fort (which one?)... any info provided is greatly appreciated!

My suggestion is to get a bus/Ferry pass and you can travel all over the island yourself......

We did the Crystal caves and loved it........can't wait to return to Bermuda one day.

Can't comment on your cabin or Bermuda, but AO for the kids is awesome! My kids begged to go back after dinner. There was never any question. When one was feeling under the weather, my clingy 7 yo went back without her sister.

They got tons of crafts and keepsakes from there, so leave some room in the luggage!

Tried a search and nothing ... Booked a Promenade for the first time, mid ship deck 7. Anyone have some good pics? Would deck 8 be better?

I tried to post a link for you to actual photos of a promenade room on the eighth floor, but the link isn't allowed. If you go to cruiselineroomsdotcom and click on room 8255 you can see the photos. I stayed on the seventh in a promenade last time and loved it. They are all the same size and appearance.

I was across from the little cafe and could sit in the window seat and watch all the goings on on the promenade on sea days when I was bored. :mad:I really dislike sea days.

Edited by misskittykat
correction

My 16 year old son loves to dance and so do I. My DH is not into dancing much. Usually at parties or at a wedding my 16 year old is my dancing partner. Would he be allowed to hang out with us at the dance club?

Loralie

I never understood why people replied the way they do in these threads when I first signed up but it has really become clear. For a clear and simple way of understanding things...18+ equals adult, while 17 and below does not. Why must half the people posting questions seem to want exceptions made for their kids? If something is described as an adult activity it means just that.