All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

Hi,

Just a couple of questions...

For the platinum and up Ice Show, does this include the 5day sailings also?

Has anyone seen the review from another poster (new today on page 1) regarding the 'smell' on the Explorer? I'm beginning to regret my decision to sail on this ship...hope his review is a huge exaggeration.:confused:

Relax. Any ship will have this smell when someone tosses something down a toilet that should not be tossed.

As for the EOS, a wonderful ship and an exceptional crew. Having done it twice, I can tell you from experience, they know how to run a ship.

Another nice thing about it is you get a farly experienced group of cruisers, many that have done this ship multiple times. Nice having people on your cruise that know how to act.

Take a look at my review, linked in my sig. Should put your mind at ease. Prepare for a great cruise.

Hi,

Just a couple of questions...

For the platinum and up Ice Show, does this include the 5day sailings also?

:

Yes, we had athe Platinum and up Ice Show on our 5 day to Bermuda in September. I like going to this show, rather than the shows for everyone else because they are less crowded. You don't have to get there an hour early to get a good seat. 15 minutes before the show is more than enough time.

Yes, we had athe Platinum and up Ice Show on our 5 day to Bermuda in September. I like going to this show, rather than the shows for everyone else because they are less crowded. You don't have to get there an hour early to get a good seat. 15 minutes before the show is more than enough time.

Thank you very much,rncruiser! Looking forward to having an enjoyable cruise on the Explorer although now, the 'smell' issue has re-surfaced:( Did you notice any sewage smell throughout the ship or on any particular deck?

i've been on the ship 11 times...rarely notice a smell.....

again, people need to not flush stuff that shouldn't be flushed..

the ship will smell when it is fueling, so when you board, chances are you will smell something funky.....

the smell can be at any place on the ship at any time...

IME the staff/management/crew are VERY responsive...when there is an issue, people should bring it to their attention...and be nice! (just tossing out random advice here...nice gets you farther....) If you notice something let someone know...and give them a reasonable amount of time to get to the problem....

EVERY call.complaint is documented...(found this out when i asked about 1 thing, and they looked at my account and there was an explanation of that, and something else....really-this stuff is tracked!)

Knowing the officers and crew on EX, i have learned that they take pride in their ship, the satisfaction of guests and in resolving issues...

have a great cruise!!!

I was on the 10 turned 9 dayer last week. Tow different ice shows were held. Blades and Spirits of the Seasons. Both were spectacular. Tickets are given out either one or two days ahead, and there are 2 - 4 shows of each one. Your Compass will tell all. The lines get long fast, but they move very quickly, too. Very little time spent.

We were on Deck 10, and never experienced a smell there. Did run into some wafting around here and there every once in awhile (like outside on the Promenade deck??) but have run into that so many times before, on many ships. As long as people insist on flushing things that don't belong down there, the system will continue to clog and cause odors.

I agree with Megr1125, being nice will get you everywhere, and the staff is very attentive. They really do want everyone to have an excellent cruise, and they bend over backwards to make that happen.

We had problems with our room safe. Twice it just decided to reset itself, and we had to call to get it fixed. Without exaggeration, maintenance was there each time before 5 minutes had passed. Room service arried at the door exactly on schedule.

The Explorer is beautiful, and I hope I get to sail her again soon.

Hello all!

My husband and I just booked our first cruise on EOS and couldn't be more excited!! Since we're pretty young and travel a lot we are just doing an inside stateroom. We were originally in room 6669 and were just moved up to 1357 on the 10th deck. Does anyone know anything about this room? or if the 10th deck is better then the 6th? We are worried that since its higher up we will feel the ship moving more. Thanks for all your help in advance!! We have learned SO much while reading this board!!!

T

Hello all!

My husband and I just booked our first cruise on EOS and couldn't be more excited!! Since we're pretty young and travel a lot we are just doing an inside stateroom. We were originally in room 6669 and were just moved up to 1357 on the 10th deck. Does anyone know anything about this room? or if the 10th deck is better then the 6th? We are worried that since its higher up we will feel the ship moving more. Thanks for all your help in advance!! We have learned SO much while reading this board!!!

T

Deck 10 is great. One deck up and you are at the pool, WJ ... where you will spend a lot of time, so no need to use elevators.

Do not be concerned about ship movement. You will be fine up there.

Can anyone tell me if EOS has beer bags/buckets like other RC ships? If so, what exactly does it entail...beer choices, price, etc...

This is something I would like to know also...Hubby enjoys his beer... I'm thinking with a couple of buckets of beer and some surgical masks, we may not notice the 'smells' issue on this ship (as reported on this board)!:) Wait, scratch that...don't want to give RCI any new ideas:eek:

This is something I would like to know also...Hubby enjoys his beer... I'm thinking with a couple of buckets of beer and some surgical masks, we may not notice the 'smells' issue on this ship (as reported on this board)!:) Wait, scratch that...don't want to give RCI any new ideas:eek:

I was on the DEC 1st sailing and there was no beer in a bag offer.:(

For 2 days there was a a plumber on deck 9 doing routine maintenance on the plumbing system. So if you walked by when a trap was open there was a mild odor.

No smell. I went all over the ship and never smelled anything off.

Really ? When were you on it?

We just got of the Jan 16th sailing and I can tell you there was a horrible smell from around 9581 it was so bad the entire room was emptied at least twice the third time they were replacing carpet etc. It was very bad.

Hey all! Here is my story and requests for info --

Fourth time cruising (Carnival and NCL in the past), first time cruising on RCL, AND first time cruising with my kids...

Soo here is my questions -- can anyone share experience with the children's programs on Explorer? I have a daughter 10 and a son 7 who I would like to participate in some of the things they have in place for the kids -- but what have people experienced?

Second, we are leaving during Spring Break (4/7 - 4/12) to Bermuda -- please advise on what to expect when traveling during those times! Have cruised previously during months of Feb, May and Nov -- no where near holiday dates. So this again will be a first for me...

Thanks all!!

Fourth time cruising (Carnival and NCL in the past), first time cruising on RCL, AND first time cruising with my kids...

Soo here is my questions -- can anyone share experience with the children's programs on Explorer? I have a daughter 10 and a son 7 who I would like to participate in some of the things they have in place for the kids -- but what have people experienced?

Second, we are leaving during Spring Break (4/7 - 4/12) to Bermuda -- please advise on what to expect when traveling during those times! Have cruised previously during months of Feb, May and Nov -- no where near holiday dates. So this again will be a first for me...

Thanks all!!

if that is spring break the ship will have tons of kids . my kids LOVED it they never wanted to leave adventure ocean have fun:)

Thanks all!!

The ship will be full and plenty of kids. Weather will be cool so pack windbreakers and sweat shirts.

May want to plan non water activities in Bermuda due to the cool water temps.

The ship will be full and plenty of kids. Weather will be cool so pack windbreakers and sweat shirts.

May want to plan non water activities in Bermuda due to the cool water temps.

Thanks much, I let my sequels see the responses so they are overly excited and want to start planning their own activities! I am doubly excited (ALWAYS am) and am hoping RCL can stand up to the services of Carnival and NCL... from what I have been reading while trolling on these here boards... it looks like I have very little to worry about... =)

DW and I will be on the April 26th sailing, wondering if a bartender by the name of Troy from Trinidad is still on the ship, he was great, went to the Crown-n-kettle every night.

If you haven't done so already check out our roll call and sign up for our meet and mingle.