some wedding photos

Hi Lois!

Thank you, :) I'm going to post some more pics, right now I don't have many, we hired a photographer (which we didn't do or our older dd) & don't have too many pics yet... with our first DD's wedding everyone took so many, this time, we were all thinking, oh the photographer will get them! Also, Russian Church very old school, so no pictures inside the church:( Just for a little insight, in our church, the bride arrives with her hair up, & a head covering similar to a veil, & then takes her hair down & puts on her crown after the formal blessing, so her look changes a little throughout the day...

Lois: & I wanted add, I read on another thread about your father, I went thru a similar situation with my grandmother years ago, my Mom took a lot of heart from the time she spent with Grandmother before the real bad downhill took place, my heart goes out to you & him, I hope & pray for peaceful ending for him... sometimes life throws you things that just aren't fair.

audreymorning.jpg

at home in her dress

audreynico.jpg bride & groom at their house blessing end of day

alexputtingonaudreydgarter.jpg

Alex (our daughter) putting on Audrey's garter in morning

we got her garter from angel threads...they embroider her monogram & the wedding date on it, very cool!

Hi, thanks for the kind words:)

Your daughter looks so young!

She does have a baby face, but she's a senior in college & 21 (which is young)... when she doesn't have makeup on she looks about 14, which made wedding gown shopping very interesting...

Great pix!

Thank You!

So beautiful! I love the ruffles on the skirt of her dress.

Thank you! she's not normally a ruffle kind of girl...she originally tried on the gown just to humor her sister & me, but it turned out to be "the one"

Thank you! she's not normally a ruffle kind of girl...she originally tried on the gown just to humor her sister & me, but it turned out to be "the one"

Do you ever watch "Say Yes To The Dress"? Sometimes it is a fun

show:) and sometimes I really have to wonder about it:eek:

Do you ever watch "Say Yes To The Dress"? Sometimes it is a fun

show:) and sometimes I really have to wonder about it:eek:

I watched it for the first time last weekend, some of the brides show up with 50 of their closest relatives (ok, I'm exaggerating) all telling them what they should or shouldn't wear... it was fun to watch though:)

I watched it for the first time last weekend, some of the brides show up with 50 of their closest relatives (ok, I'm exaggerating) all telling them what they should or shouldn't wear... it was fun to watch though:)

Oh, you just saw it for the 1st time? I have watched it alot this

season. Yes, they bring their families and sometimes I want to

throw something at the tv:eek:LOL.....omg...there have been times

you would think everyone in the family is getting married and the

bride is being left out:rolleyes:. I saw one where the bride's sister had

so much influence....and the girl was like 15:confused:......I know it is

REALITY TV but give me a break!

They also have one in Atlanta now too! The original is Kleinfeld's

in NYC.

Very nice dress. I love the blue shoes.

Thank you, those shoes caused a bit of trouble, they were sold out in her size everywhere, so nordstrom shipped them from back east, which they usually do, without problem, but the big chicago snowstorm took place, & they were stuck there for about a week... we were a bit panicked because you couldn't find them anymore! All's well that end well, though:)

I apologize for my ignorance, but please tell me what a house blessing is. I've not heard of this before. Thanks.:)

Hi Esther,

We're russian, & our weddings are pretty long & elaborate!

After the wedding & eating is over, the close family & friends & the minister go to the bride & grooms new home & have a sort of housewarming & prayer blessing the new home with bread & salt. Remember that scene in it's a wonderful life when the Martinis' get their new house? It's kind of like that.:)

& please don't apologize, there's no reason you'd know:)

ladies i happen to know that person who created the show...

"Say Yes To The Dress"?...wow...they ought to be quite happy about

now:)

Hi Esther,

We're russian, & our weddings are pretty long & elaborate!

After the wedding & eating is over, the close family & friends & the minister go to the bride & grooms new home & have a sort of housewarming & prayer blessing the new home with bread & salt. Remember that scene in it's a wonderful life when the Martinis' get their new house? It's kind of like that.:)

& please don't apologize, there's no reason you'd know:)

That is so nice. Thank you for educating me! My goal is to learn something new every day. Ha! I also love the shoes, but I love anything blue!:)

Archived