San Pedro instead of Long Beach ?

glrounds

Just saw some info that said the SPIRIT is going to be cruising out of San Pedro instead of the Carnival facilities at Long Beach. What am I missing ? :confused:

Every other Sunday departure maybe conflicts with the SPLENDOR (using the port on Sundays) ? :confused:

Yep at the end of the year the Spirit is going out of San Pedro. Usually she winters in San Diego. San Diego built a beautiful new facitlity and I think it has been used once.

We'll be on her over Thanksgiving out of San Pedro. Now we just have to hope the car doesn't automatically drive to Long Beach.:p

Parking in San Pedro is $12day which is more expensive than the $8 I can get in San Diego but less than Long Beach at $15.

The Spirit will be ported in San Diego later on.

They will be doing some different itineraries so my thought was that somewhere along the line it would conflict with Paradise/Splendor sailings....

Precisely. The SPIRIT will be alternating between 5-day cruises (Sunday thru Friday) and 9-day cruises (Friday to the next Sunday).

San Diego has a beautiful port area and with them building new facilities there, it should be phenomenal.:)

Precisely. The SPIRIT will be alternating between 5-day cruises (Sunday thru Friday) and 9-day cruises (Friday to the next Sunday).

San Diego has a beautiful port area and with them building new facilities there, it should be phenomenal.:)

OMG.... I was actually right....:eek:

I think sometime in 2012, San Diego will loose all ships that homeport there, not just Carnival. The ships I see sailing from there after mid 2012 seem to be repo cruises and then moving on.

This is exactly right. When the city made plans to build the new facility, no one could forsee the cruising economy would tank so badly.

The cruise lines are going where the money is--and it's not on the west coast.

Spirit will be leaving, along with HAL's OOsterdam. RCI's Radiance pulled out earlier.

CCL's Paradise out of LB will be swapped with Imagination.

Pat

Archived