Cruising over Christmas

joe bucker

There will be some decorations put up around the ship, tastefully. A Christmas themed dinner will also be served in the MDR and Lido buffet. Aside from that, not much comes to mind.

You should have a wonderful time on board during Christmas, enjoy!

I got off 3 days before christmas. the whole ship will be decorated. We had a "holiday show" the last sea day before christmas (during the afternoon, so thats probably why a lot of people missed it who say they didnt see it). .. came complete with Santa. They kids worked to learn a song or something for the show and all age ranges of kids were in the show. It was very cute. the ship staff came in the dark at the end with candles and passed out some candy canes.

We were on the Spirit a few years ago on Christmas and the ship had some decorations up like trees & wreaths.

They had a sing a long Christmas Caroling in the atrium and they also had a special stage show where Santa had the small children come up on Stage for him to read to.

The dining room also served a Turkey Dinner that night that was just so-so, nothing like at home

We are doing our first Christmas cruise on the Glory this year which is also an 8 day cruise. I have a family group with me and plan on having a great time. Do you think we will still just have 2 dressy nights on this cruise?

Dawnrae

There is a special show on Christmas Day afternoon the includes the kids from Camp Carnival, and all the othe age groups. Santa makes the rounds Christmas Eve and can be seen in a number of places all over the ship. ;) As ForwardCabin has said please come join the roll call. Got a pretty large group already and have been talking about everything from our own private cocktail party to shore exs. Plus there are at least 3 of us who have cruised for Christmas before and can answer all your questions. :D

And I'm thinking it will stay with 2 elegant nights, which is just fine with us. :)

Christmas music plays in dining rooms and hallways. Free champagne. "Special" dinner served. (I remember turkey) Camp Carnival special show with Santa. Christmas tree in atrium. Santa there on Xmas eve with candy canes. Very pretty, and a great time to cruise!

What do they serve for Christmas dinner? Is it like a turkey dinner with all the trimmings? We are going on our first Christmas cruise this year and am so excited!! I get to enjoy the holiday celebrations and someone else does all the cooking and cleaning.

What do they serve for Christmas dinner? Is it like a turkey dinner with all the trimmings? We are going on our first Christmas cruise this year and am so excited!! I get to enjoy the holiday celebrations and someone else does all the cooking and cleaning.

I remember turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing. Memory is a bit fuzzy on what else they had.

You get a Amen for the someone else doing the cooking and cleaning Jking,

time for the grown kids to figure out how Christmas will be done without mom and dad to do the cooking and cleaning. This maybe come habit forming. LOL:D

You get a Amen for the someone else doing the cooking and cleaning Jking,

time for the grown kids to figure out how Christmas will be done without mom and dad to do the cooking and cleaning. This maybe come habit forming. LOL:D

Actually, dd19 (in college) and dd22 (special needs) come with us. It is pretty much the only time the family gets to vacation together do to work/college schedules. We find it a fantastic time to re-connect!

We are going on our third straight Christmas cruise this year, second straight Christmas/New Year's cruise. The decorate the ship, play christmas music in MDR/hall ways, have Christmas show with kids and Sanata on Christmas Day afternoon. They sing Christmas carols in the main lobby and have a special Christmas Dinner option in the MDR. Lots of people will decorate their cabin doors as well with Christmas themes. Also alot of people miss it, but if you go out on the forward decks at night, they have a Christmas tree setup on the bridge. Hope you have fun and enjoy your cruise!

We are doing our first Christmas cruise on the Glory this year which is also an 8 day cruise. I have a family group with me and plan on having a great time. Do you think we will still just have 2 dressy nights on this cruise?

Dawnrae

We will be on the same cruise , the same time !!!

To the OP....they have a Christmas show Christmas morning with the singers and dancer and all the kids in Camp Carnival. Santa comes at the end of the show and gives each kid a gift !

We were also giving free Champange and eggnogg when we boarded. Lots of trees decorated, wreaths and garland round the ship . Christmas music also plays and there are gingerbread house displays....

Merry Christmas

Charleyann

• 2 weeks later...

Archived