Are The Balconies Private??

cruzinrph

Check out this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=23911 from the RCI board to get an idea. We haven't been on RCI yet so can't tell you from personal experience. Our veranda on HAL was fairly private as long as we were not in port. The dividers won't stop you from hearing everything said on the adjacent verandas and there is nothing to stop your neighbor from poking their head around to say "Hi". Some ships have verandas that "cascade" and the lower balconies can be viewed from above.

So it really depends on the ship and the specific cabin you have. But don't expect 100% privacy in any case.

Hope this helps some.

After 39 cruises, I've not found any balcony on any ship to be completely private. On some ships the people above you can see right down into your balcony and on most others, there are some spaces between the walls dividing each balcony.

I have only had a balcony twice. On Carnival Miracle it reminded me of a bathroom stall-you know open space above and below and also it was opaque and not solid so you could see the outline of your next door neighbor if he or she was out on the balcony when you were. disney Wonder was more private-the dividers were solid not opaque- there was still a space above and blow the divider but only like 6-8 inches where the space was a good 2 feet on the bottom and top on the miracle. Sounds carried on both balconies though you had to be on the balcony yourself to hear your neighbor on disney Wonder-where we heard our neigbors on the balcony on the Miracle when we were inside the room and the door closed.

I have read a lot of posts here of people bragging about "doing the deed" on the balcony. No way would I do that-have no desire to put on a peep show for my neighbors-I am old fashioned enough that I want privacy.

On our Carribbean Princess balcony we could see below & these folks below

didn't know that they were visible not only to us but others, that was until

another shipmates yelled from above---"Take the show inside".

So all I can say if you want privacy take it inside.;)

Enjoy the cruise !!!!

So what do you need all that privacy for? :p

I know you are just being silly. If you have been on this board any time at all I am sure you have read posts of people "doing the deed" on their balcony. As I said NO WAY not even on Disney Wonder's balcony which was a lot more private then Carnival Miracle. You could still see your neigbhor a little. One morning I leaned out looking at the ocean and there was my neighbor doing the same thing. we were both a little embarrassed.

Archived