Paradise Beach Cozumel

Cruisin'Trooper

Went two years ago......LOVED IT!!!! We had great fruit smoothies, nachos, and our kids (17 and 19 at the time) LOVED the toys in the water. Supposedly they have the best creviche (spelling??) around. For only $10 for an all-day band....it was well worth it. You don't have to pay for the loungers, but they do want you to buy from the bar/restaurant. I'd go back in a heartbeat. :D

Were there the end of April. The water was murky that day (it was really windy waves must have stirred stuff up?) so I didn't feel like getting in the water. I'm pretty sure it was only $2 each for us. We ate had a few drinks and just hung out around the pool. I think its great for the money. Chairs on the beach are pretty close together but not a huge deal. The changerooms and bathrooms were both very clean.

I was there in October 2010 and it is $2 now to rent the chairs and then an additional $12 to use the water toys. DH and I rented the chairs for $2 and DS, DS and DD had the chairs and the water toys. We all enjoyed it. Had a few drinks and some pickies and thought we got what we paid for (cant remember right now but wasn't much considering). I would definately do it again. The pool was being built when I was there but it looks like a great addition.

Paradise Beach is wonderful, although Tom is no longer there - the service has always been wonderful. We have been there 6+ times

The food is reasonable, drinks are good, they have added a pool and a few additional water toys.......all very nice. we enjoy just sitting in the chairs and relaxing fro a few hours.

You can't go wrong - enjoy!

This will be our 6th time there this coming July. Our kids absolutely LOVE it (now ages 12 and 9) and so do us parents! :)We've been once (this April) since the pool and new bathhouse have been completed and it is now even better. Chairs/umbrellas used to be free, but now still only $2 a chair (umbrella still free). Wristbands for water toys $12 a piece and they expect you to buy drinks/food there. We love the guacamole and the HUGE coconut fried shrimp. I forget what the cab ride there costs, but it is a fixed rate that all the taxis charge. GO! :D

We have been going to Paradise Beach at least once a year (sometimes as many as 5 times a year) since it opened.

We have done most of the beach resorts in Cozumel and Paradise Beach has always been the best fit for our family.

We have two boys and Paradise Beach has the most water toys of all the resorts there.

They added a new beautiful pool in December of last year. And added new restrooms, changing rooms...it looks like an even more beautiful resort now.

The chairs are $2 each. The wristbands are $12 for all the land and water toys. (you can even climb a coconut tree)

IF the water is murky...it will be murky at all the resorts...they all run together. This usually does not happen until there is a norte' (bad weather) that stirs everything up.

I would also recommend water shoes. Paradise Beach does have a soft entry at the NORTH end of the beach....but I have always required our boys to wear water shoes.

Yes, the chairs can be close together...but they are not cemented into the sand...they can be moved. Some folks even move them into the water OR they have beach lounge chairs IN the pool....they are cool.

All the ice and water are purified....food is great.

There are pictures in my signature.....

Oh, yeah, and my avatar is the guacamole there! :)

That's awesome! My DH and I always get a bucket of Sol and the guacamole when we go there. It's soooo good!

To the OP: my family has gone to Paradise Beach everytime we're in Coz. My teenage boys love the water toys and I like the fact that it's clean, safe, friendly, and has very good guacamole!:D My boys always get the coconut shrimp--also delicious!

We've been a couple of times. We had loved it before but last year the water was terrible. We asked at the front if the water was ok and they stated that it was . We paid our $48 for the water toys and it really was pretty disgusting. I was cleaning out mud out of our suits in the sink in our cabin what seemed to be forever. I realize that this would have been like this at the other beaches but they should have told us that the water was dirty. I would have paid the $2 per person to just lie on the beach and not go into the water if I had been informed. I am now turned off on Paradise Beach so we are going somewhere else in a few weeks.

Hope your cruise on the Freedom is free of gum under the tables on Lido. My leg got stuck to the table 2nd day and was unable to find any other tables that did not have globs of that stuff stuck to the undersides. Otherwise the cruise was decent.

We were just there a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed it a lot. The pool is a very nice addition. Their food is also very good. Here are a couple of pics we took.

5772936861_76062c3642.jpg

5773475650_8b8e036231.jpg

5772938211_ff08c20574.jpg

day we went the water was really rough so we left..On a nice day like the one in the pics I would certainly try it again!!

We've been a couple of times. We had loved it before but last year the water was terrible. We asked at the front if the water was ok and they stated that it was . We paid our $48 for the water toys and it really was pretty disgusting. I was cleaning out mud out of our suits in the sink in our cabin what seemed to be forever. I realize that this would have been like this at the other beaches but they should have told us that the water was dirty. I would have paid the $2 per person to just lie on the beach and not go into the water if I had been informed. I am now turned off on Paradise Beach so we are going somewhere else in a few weeks.

Maybe they thought you were asking "if the water was ok," as in safe to drink?

I have not been there, (Planning on it, is why I am even reading this thread)

but, if you were washing mud out of the suits for that long, it seems you did play on the toys.

Maybe had you gone right back and said, "That water is disgusting" you might have received a refund.

So, I don't really understand the never going back, when it could have been a miss communication, and you didn't go back and request a refund.

Some peoples "muddy water..."

is another's, "oh happy day I am on Vacation, at the beach and it has water toys..."

It is all how you look at it. :p

How are they to know which type Vacationer you are?

anyone know what happened to Tom? Been a couple of years since we've been to Coz and looking to go back this Fall.

Not 100% sure but I had read that he was now the owner & running the Bar Hop Bus Tour?

My family and I were there just a couple of weeks ago. We go there about once a year. The improvements are great and we loved the new pool area.

One word of caution however, check your bill when it comes. Mine appeared high and when I questioned the waiter (I will leave his name out for now) he said it was correct. Knowing it was high, I got a menu and we added up what we had, it was $17 less then we were quoted! HE (the server) then got a VERY sheepish look on his face and said "oh we added tip". That would have been a 25% tip! According to the menu tips are only added to credit card orders, we were paying cash (made that clear before to the server). That was on the beach.

After we setteled there (at the correct price) we moved to the pool area and started a new tab, there I asked the waiter if they add tips automatically and he said no. At the end he also brought me a detailed bill (which the first server did not) with no problems.

It is still a wonderful place and the one bad experience will definitely not stop us from going back, I will just always make sure I have a detailed biill, not just a grand total or no copy of a bill at all.

So go, enjoy, but insist on a detailed bill!

Archived