Here we go again - John Heald promises more NY info...

To best of my memory (and that's stretching it these days:rolleyes:) Pride was just here for a few months then relocated to Florida, then to LA. I remember my TA had suggested her because she was brand spanking new here. We went in July and I think by end of September she had been sent to Florida. So - you essentially blinked and it was gone!!

We have only been on the Pride once, and that was in June 2002. At that time, she was sailing from Pt. Canaveral.

We both have a special place in our hearts for Fantasy class ships, were thrilled when it was announced that the Dream was going to be homeported here, but would prefer our favorite class of ship sail from here. Oh well, you can't have everything!

One thing's for sure - if we ever make it to a cruise in the South Pacific, even as much as we enjoy Spirit class ships, I can't see us sailing Carnival there...

Tom

I was being sarcastic like I am being on facebook. Been on Miracle 2 times already and am booked 9/11/11 on Miracle. I was hoping I would be running up and down 5th ave naked but not for that announcement.:(

You gonna be running up and down the lido deck stark naked on Sept 11?icon7.gif

If so that would sure get the blood pressure up on our roll call!

Don't get me wrong, John is a nice fellow. We have talked to him a few times and he was helpful when Cheryl's mother passed while we were on a cruise (he was CD). He does his job well - I just don't care for the drama and build up to what is often lackluster "news".

Tom

Have to agree with you on this one.

As a New Yorker, I think this is fabulous news. The itineraries are fine with me since that is secondary to just being able to cruise.

Ditto, I love sailing out of NYC, I live in Connecticut......to sail past the Statue of Liberty any time of year......still gives me a thrill!!!!

Dorene

Archived