Here we go again - John Heald promises more NY info...

i thought john or someone said that carnival is not being any more new ships after the breeze. All of the older ships will be updated with all of the modern features

That's an awful lot of lipstick for that herd of pigs. :)

It would be nice to see a different itin. out of NY. We sailed out of there almost 5 years ago, I'd like to see them get something different so we can go out of NY again :)

Sailing out of NY wasn't bad, but coming home it was a little rough. Thankfully I don't get sea sick, but that boat was a rockin' the last sea day!

Princess doesn't have any Caribbean cruises scheduled out of the Brooklyn Red Hook terminal next year. Since Carnival is the same parent company as Princess, and since they'll have this nice terminal just waiting for a ship, perhaps we might see a Carnival ship from this port?

I can hope, anyway.

I would love Carnival sailing out of Brooklyn. I've sailed from Red Hook twice with Princess and loved it. Embarkation is quick and the port is easy to get to.

I've sailed from the NY ports 6 times (Bayonne, Brooklyn-2x, NYC 3x) and I haven't had a bad sail away yet.

i thought john or someone said that carnival is not being any more new ships after the breeze. All of the older ships will be updated with all of the modern features

All he said is there would be no new ship in 2013. So there is always 2014.

Is NY really that rough to sail out of? We were thinking about booking a cruise out of there next year.

It depends when you sail out of NY...Our PVP has done it and thought it was certainly more rocky than sailing out of florida...My parents did it one year as well and said they will only cruise out of florida...It was rocky when we went, but DH and I were fine it was my sister and her dh and alot of our floor that got sick...Once you get further out it isnt bad...

I am thinking the Miracle might be year round. It was just a comment that Malcolm made on the 5-14 cruise during his morning show that leads me to think that.

I happen to think this is it. The Miracle to sail year round from NY. I guess we'll have to wait until Wed.

Unless there have been changes to the port, Breeze wouldnt fit.

John is so good at stringing people along who hang on his every nuance and word.

Actually, the "beards" are the ones who give John his info on this release. They have even apologized for the info being delayed so many times. John isn't the one making up the release of info. He's just the messenger.

NCL(2 ships), Hal and RCCL sail year round out of NYC why wouldn't Carnival jump in.

HAL is owned by Carnival Corp. Why compete against yourself?

You remember all the problems when they brought Dream there?? If they havent been addressed, .. they couldnt enter except thru the crew deck. that was the only was to embark on Dream when they brought here there from Europe... didnt work out .. and then the weather was terrible. Ask Host Mach, I think he knows something about her maiden voyage out of NY.

From NYC was a very short cruise. The weather was similar to what we experience from Bermuda to NYC.

Is it possible that they're going to announce the new line of ships that have been discussed recently?

This September marks the 10 year anniversary of the 9/11 attacks so perhaps they will announce and name the new line of ships starting with the Carnival Determination named after the spirit that the people of NY showed the world that day.

I think not. Not to play down the significance of the 9/11 attack. People of many nationalities were murdered that day.

You remember all the problems when they brought Dream there?? If they havent been addressed, .. they couldnt enter except thru the crew deck. that was the only was to embark on Dream when they brought here there from Europe... didnt work out .. and then the weather was terrible. Ask Host Mach, I think he knows something about her maiden voyage out of NY.

Sorry I'm thinking Brooklyn which is also NYC.

I read that NCL Pearl will also be sailing out of NYC (Manhattan) starting 2012 so not much room in the Manhattan port left.

Is NY really that rough to sail out of? We were thinking about booking a cruise out of there next year.

We have sailed out of NYC 2X's - never had a problem with rough waters. I love sailing down the Hudson past Lady Liberty and Ellis Island - and I'm Canadian!

Unless there have been changes to the port, Breeze wouldnt fit.

John is so good at stringing people along who hang on his every nuance and word.

Yep, he's been saying for over 2 yrs now they are re-vamping platinum perks---well, where are they ?

Just the thought of sailing out of NYC in January .... Nope, Nope, not me!! I cannot imagine being on a cruise ship in the Northern Atlantic in the wintertime.... I have sailed out of NY twice to Canada... once smooth as can be, and the other time ... just the opposite.

Catrin

I so agree! I don't know why anybody would want to sail out of NY Nov-March, and I'd even go further to say Sept - May. I live in Chicago, where we've had about 3 days of summer this year. When I vacation, I want to be in the warm weather EVERY day of the vacation, not wait a couple days until we hit better weather. We also saw the issues Baltimore had with storms (which was unusual this past winter I admit)...this would be tenfold out of NY and would not be unusual. However, other lines do it, so it must have appeal to some; I guess those that don't fly? I can see the appeal of sailing from NY, but with the crummy weather most of the year and crummy itineraries...

I would love Carnival sailing out of Brooklyn. I've sailed from Red Hook twice with Princess and loved it. Embarkation is quick and the port is easy to get to.

I've sailed from the NY ports 6 times (Bayonne, Brooklyn-2x, NYC 3x) and I haven't had a bad sail away yet.

I agree, we just got off the Caribbean Princess in Brooklyn on June 4th. I have to say that the three times we've sailed from Brooklyn have been the easiest and fastest embarkation and debarkation process of any of our cruises. The port is easy to get to, the parking is reasonably priced, and we have never had to wait to get onto the ship. If Carnival sailed from this terminal I would definitely book more Carnival cruises.

I so agree! I don't know why anybody would want to sail out of NY Nov-March, and I'd even go further to say Sept - May. I live in Chicago, where we've had about 3 days of summer this year. When I vacation, I want to be in the warm weather EVERY day of the vacation, not wait a couple days until we hit better weather. We also saw the issues Baltimore had with storms (which was unusual this past winter I admit)...this would be tenfold out of NY and would not be unusual. However, other lines do it, so it must have appeal to some; I guess those that don't fly? I can see the appeal of sailing from NY, but with the crummy weather most of the year and crummy itineraries...

I wouldn't do a round-trip cruise in the cold months out of NY, but I have left NY in Nov on a couple occasions for repo cruises and it was awesome. We'd lose one day to cool/cold weather and then the ship heads south and stays......:)

VERY NICE :)

But to sail from NY during cold months, on a 7 day, round trip cruise (usually to the Bahamas:rolleyes:)?? Forget it.

Totally agree and when you factor in the stress related to flying in the winter with all the snow/ice etc it's just not something I'd ever consider in the winter. I live in NY and I'd have no desire to start a cruise wearing my winter clothing. I suspect if this is the "big news" that it won't last very long. To offer sailings where the potential for missing the cruise due to weather could greatly impact the traveling to NY and the rougher waters when the temperatures drop seem like a recipe for alot of complaining cruisers. I'd imagine if that's a first cruise for some they may lose customers who don't realize the difference in sailing the Caribbean and NY.

I suspect that they will announce a new ship , small enough to fit the ports, or convert the Staten island home port for the dream class ships , fast to get to warm water and most importantly plastic beds so they do not spread the bed bug epidemic

While traveling on the Magic in May, a navigation officer indicated there are two more ships coming after the Breeze. Names are still to be determined, but they are still the same class as Magic, Dream and Breeze.

Archived