Here we go again - John Heald promises more NY info...

Straight from Facebook:

WEDNESDAY - will be a busy day........and NY .......get ready.

I really think that the Breeze will be homeported in NY. I mean, what else could have so much hype?

I really hope so, at least!

Anybody have any guesses?:)

Straight from Facebook:

I really think that the Breeze will be homeported in NY. I mean, what else could have so much hype?

Don't have a guess, but I don't believe the Breeze will be homeported in NY. At least not until May 2013. We are booked on it leaving from Miami in April 2013.

Sharon

Straight from Facebook:

Unless there have been changes to the port, Breeze wouldnt fit.

John is so good at stringing people along who hang on his every nuance and word.

With the Glory heading to Boston for June/July next year, it may just be a new Canadian bound ship to replace it. :confused: I wish it was something bigger and better than that possibility as we're about to book the Miracle for next July. Another option would be great (but not Canada).

Don't have a guess, but I don't believe the Breeze will be homeported in NY. At least not until May 2013. We are booked on it leaving from Miami in April 2013.

Sharon

Also even if the breeze was to be homeported in NY in May 2013, they wouldn't be releasing it now. They would be waiting until next year.

So I don't think this announcement has anything to do with the breeze. Other then maybe something new the are adding to her.

Sharon

I don't believe it would be moved from Miami but don't count on a ship not being relocated just cause you're booked on it.

Look at the folks that were booked on the cruises out of Mobile

Princess doesn't have any Caribbean cruises scheduled out of the Brooklyn Red Hook terminal next year. Since Carnival is the same parent company as Princess, and since they'll have this nice terminal just waiting for a ship, perhaps we might see a Carnival ship from this port?

I can hope, anyway.

Unless there have been changes to the port, Breeze wouldnt fit.

John is so good at stringing people along who hang on his every nuance and word.

I don't believe any of it either. I think it is terrible what Carnival is doing to people who really are concerned about NY. They could lose a lot of customers with this.

I have a feeling you Nyker's are getting the Valor...Just a Hunch..the Breeze is home Ported in Miami why in the world would they change that considering you can cruise all year round out of Florida....We took the Victory out of NY 8 years ago and well let me say most people were Sea Sick in their Cabins including my sister and her husband..My sister and my mom said they will never sail out of NY again....as that is there home port...My sister went on the Pride out of Baltimore and loved it..

I have a feeling you Nyker's are getting the Valor...Just a Hunch..the Breeze is home Ported in Miami why in the world would they change that considering you can cruise all year round out of Florida....We took the Victory out of NY 8 years ago and well let me say most people were Sea Sick in their Cabins including my sister and her husband..My sister and my mom said they will never sail out of NY again....as that is there home port...My sister went on the Pride out of Baltimore and loved it..

Is NY really that rough to sail out of? We were thinking about booking a cruise out of there next year.

Is NY really that rough to sail out of? We were thinking about booking a cruise out of there next year.

No, very smooth. NY is like most ports, where the weather can affect the currents that could trouble a possible rough ride. If you have bad weather to start the cruise, then you will have bad seas during cruise

Yes it would fit in NYC.

You remember all the problems when they brought Dream there?? If they havent been addressed, .. they couldnt enter except thru the crew deck. that was the only was to embark on Dream when they brought here there from Europe... didnt work out .. and then the weather was terrible. Ask Host Mach, I think he knows something about her maiden voyage out of NY.

On the topic of dock issues, i wonder why carnival never tried the Brooklyn pier? That terminal sits empty most of the time considering the QM2 and princesses seldom use it. It will be nice to see that terminal get more used out of it to reduce the congestion on the main Manhattan pier

I am thinking the Miracle might be year round. It was just a comment that Malcolm made on the 5-14 cruise during his morning show that leads me to think that.

Just the thought of sailing out of NYC in January .... Nope, Nope, not me!! I cannot imagine being on a cruise ship in the Northern Atlantic in the wintertime.... I have sailed out of NY twice to Canada... once smooth as can be, and the other time ... just the opposite.

Catrin

Is it possible that they're going to announce the new line of ships that have been discussed recently?

This September marks the 10 year anniversary of the 9/11 attacks so perhaps they will announce and name the new line of ships starting with the Carnival Determination named after the spirit that the people of NY showed the world that day.

Is it possible that they're going to announce the new line of ships that have been discussed recently?

i thought john or someone said that carnival is not being any more new ships after the breeze. All of the older ships will be updated with all of the modern features

Archived