Here we go again - John Heald promises more NY info...

Well it was announced.

CARNIVAL MIRACLE will do 8 day itineraries starting apr 2012. These three itineraries will rotate.

Eatern Carribean- San juan, St Thomas, And Grand Turk

Bahamas- Nassau Freeport, GT

Florida/ Bahamas- Port Canavaral,Nassau Freeport

THIS IS NOTHING TO BE EXCITED ABOUt.

How about BERMUDA, Key West?

If ROAL CARIBBEAN can go there why can't Carnival?!?!?

Well it was announced.

CARNIVAL MIRACLE will do 8 day itineraries starting apr 2012. These three itineraries will rotate.

This is what we have been waiting for?

Not impressed at all. Will continue to cruise out of Florida.

Don't get me wrong, John is a nice fellow. We have talked to him a few times and he was helpful when Cheryl's mother passed while we were on a cruise (he was CD). He does his job well - I just don't care for the drama and build up to what is often lackluster "news".

Tom

All year with Carnival.............THANK YOU!!!!

This is no different than the others, but now I can sail Carnival which I do love.........this was your best move Carnival.........If I was in NY right now......I would be running!!!!

Dorene

If I wanted to do this wonderful itinerary....NOT!...but if I did...I would sail from Baltimore over NYC...Its only 2 hours south of NYC. It is a little warmer there in the winter as well. Baltimore does not get the snow that North Jersey and NY gets.

I think the folks at Carnival need to learn a little about their customers. After reading these boards...there are quite a few of us that prefer Carnival and are not just the beginning cruiser doing one or two cruises than moving on. Wake up Carnival!

This is the big news???

Carnival Miracle will offer three uniquely different eight-day itineraries year round from New York City that visit a diversity of beautiful islands throughout the Caribbean and Bahamas. The itineraries include:

• Eastern Caribbean departures to San Juan, St. Thomas and Grand Turk, offered on a rotating basis April through October
  • Bahamas sailings featuring stops at the private Bahamian island of Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk and Nassau, offered on a rotating basis April through October
  • Bahamas/Florida cruises with port calls to Port Canaveral (Orlando), Nassau and Freeport, offered November through April

I'm not impressed...

If I wanted to do this wonderful itinerary....NOT!...but if I did...I would sail from Baltimore over NYC...Its only 2 hours south of NYC.

Did they move Baltimore closer to New York:confused:

From Yahoo maps Trip distance: 192.40309.6 mi Time: 3 hrs 21 mins

Did they move Baltimore closer to New York:confused:

From Yahoo maps Trip distance: 192.40309.6 mi Time: 3 hrs 21 mins

My appologies...Typo - meant 3 hrs. Although you can take Amtrak and be there in 2 1/2 hrs or less (if you take the Acela.)

This is the big news???

I'm not impressed...

I'm not either. Was really hoping for some longer cruises in the winter, 9-12 days. Doesn't Carnival realize that half the cruise will be in cold weather. EPIC FAIL CARNIVAL!!!

@Spacewoman the Pride has not been here but I do believe the Destiny was here but that was a long time ago

July 2003 our very first cruise:D:D:D:D Thus the source of our addiction as well. It was a 7 day to Bermuda. They upgraded us to a junior suite a week before we left. And I do mean U P G R A D E. Never had an offer like that since.

Well it was announced.

How about BERMUDA, Key West?

The dopes were already doing an alternating Bermuda, PR, St. thomas, bahamas run to begin with this year. I came very close to booking the Bermuda one but we went with the NCL Jewel again because she's leaving us next year. (Have been on Miracle 2 times already)

Whoopee doo:mad:

For that matter SKIP Port Canaveral and stop at Key West instead!

I live in Ohio, I wish there was a ship (any ship) closer. I have sailed the same CCL ship three times, would I do it more (in a heartbeat!) I would be glad to just drive there and sail. But as for problems with itineraries, they are as good as any in my opinion. I just love the ships. I love knowing where to go on a ship to find what I want. I love knowing I like a certain type cabin and it's location. I love enjoying the same crew members and seeing them again..

So I would be very happy to have any ship closer than Baltimore or New York!

Ship #1 year round in NY - 8 day itinerary in summer & rotate 9 day and 12 day Caribbean and Bermuda itineraries during winter. Bermuda is not in the tropics - you will freeze your butt off

Ship #2 seasonal NY - 4 and 5 day rotation on Canadian summer itineraries. They already do

Ship #3 seasonal NY - rotate 9 day and 12 day Caribbean and Bermuda itineraries during summer. WOULD LOVE IT

I bet they would fill them all without a problem

bet they would too!

July 2003 our very first cruise:D:D:D:D Thus the source of our addiction as well. It was a 7 day to Bermuda. They upgraded us to a junior suite a week before we left. And I do mean U P G R A D E. Never had an offer like that since.

I guess she has been, my mistake :D

Let's see... FOUR Spirit class ships (the best Carnival has to offer) and only 1 now sails from Florida: the Legend out of Tampa doing the SAME BORING WESTERN RUN EACH WEEK.

WOO HOO !! :D

Tom

My sentiments exactly. The best ship they have sailing from FL essentially repeats the same run over and over and over. Nice ports but it would be nice if there could be some variety...maybe a few longer itineraries thrown in there to places like Panama and Costa Rica. We tried the Victory last month because of the exotic ports (which were amazing, btw) but were just so put off by the constant feeling like we were crammed in like sardines that it would take a lot for us to get on a Destiny/Conquest/Dream class vessel again. I'd figure they would have sent a larger ship up there like the Liberty or Valor instead of the smaller Miracle especially given the fuel costs. Oh well...looks like our future cruises are going to be limited to the Legend and the Fantasy-class ships like Sensation that we enjoy so much. Let's just hope they don't try to pull the Legend out of Tampa where it fits so well.

I guess she has been, my mistake :D

To best of my memory (and that's stretching it these days:rolleyes:) Pride was just here for a few months then relocated to Florida, then to LA. I remember my TA had suggested her because she was brand spanking new here. We went in July and I think by end of September she had been sent to Florida. So - you essentially blinked and it was gone!!

Archived