Here we go again - John Heald promises more NY info...

Regardless of what ship they put into NY (if that is the news), It has to have an itinerary worth doing. I live an hour and a half from Baltimore and will not cruise from there as the Bahamas and Pt. Canaveral are not my idea of a 7 day cruise. Sorry...Id rather spend the money on airfare and sail from Florida. If I am going to do the Bahamas, it will be a mini cruise (4 days) or a single bahamas port of call on a 7-9 night eastern caribbean cruise..

And while I'm thinking about it...Get Rid of Pt. Canaveral as a Destination Port! This is a waste! This turns me off of an itinerary right away. It is too far from Disney or any other Orlando theme parks to visit them for 6 hours. If I want to go to Florida I'll do a land vacation or add a day or two to my cruise out of Miami or Tampa!

While traveling on the Magic in May, a navigation officer indicated there are two more ships coming after the Breeze. Names are still to be determined, but they are still the same class as Magic, Dream and Breeze.

I believe Carnival has said they are done with Dream class.

We take a winter cruise every year and travel to Florida for it.

Why lose 1 1/2 to 2 days each way with cold weather out of NY when we can get a 7-8 day warm weather cruise?

my thoughts exactly. the earliest i will cruise out of ny is may, and even that first night is a bit too cool for me.

the next morning is always brilliant once you hit that gulf stream!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShotoJuku viewpost.gif

Is it possible that they're going to announce the new line of ships that have been discussed recently?

This September marks the 10 year anniversary of the 9/11 attacks so perhaps they will announce and name the new line of ships starting with the Carnival Determination named after the spirit that the people of NY showed the world that day.

I think not. Not to play down the significance of the 9/11 attack. People of many nationalities were murdered that day.

Unfortunately you just did.

Although NYC is considered the capital of the world and by default the number one target for terrorists, it was the people of NY, that is made up of many-many-many nationalities, that were murdered that day, three of whom were my friends and brothers in blue!

Seems like there's a lot of folks with negative opinions of having a year round ship in NY.

As I see it NCL and RCCL have proven there is a demand for a year round ship in NY. Why wouldn't Carnival want to join in on the fun?

This could also be a great opportunity for Carnival to expand itineraries from the Northeast.

How about this food for thought -

Miracle runs year round and does it's regular 8 day itinerary from Spring to Fall. Over the winter the itinerary can expand to a 9 day(RCCL and Princess have no problem filling ships with this length of cruise from NY), or even a 12 day, giving more warm weather time and a greater choice of ports.

If Miracle is running those itineraries year round, then during summer how about having have 1 Conquest/Destiny class running the Canadian itineraries. Then another Conquest, or Spirit, class running the longer (9 day +) itineraries for summer.

Bet they would fill all 3, at pretty good rates to boot.

Quote:

Although NYC is considered the capital of the world and by default the number one target for terrorists, it was the people of NY, that is made up of many-many-many nationalities, that were murdered that day, three of whom were my friends and brothers in blue!

Thank You

The pain is still there, and people must not forget.

Seems like there's a lot of folks with negative opinions of having a year round ship in NY.

As I see it NCL and RCCL have proven there is a demand for a year round ship in NY. Why wouldn't Carnival want to join in on the fun?

This could also be a great opportunity for Carnival to expand itineraries from the Northeast.

How about this food for thought -

Miracle runs year round and does it's regular 8 day itinerary from Spring to Fall. Over the winter the itinerary can expand to a 9 day(RCCL and Princess have no problem filling ships with this length of cruise from NY), or even a 12 day, giving more warm weather time and a greater choice of ports.

If Miracle is running those itineraries year round, then during summer how about having have 1 Conquest/Destiny class running the Canadian itineraries. Then another Conquest, or Spirit, class running the longer (9 day +) itineraries for summer.

Bet they would fill all 3, at pretty good rates to boot.

i cruise out of ny to save two days of travel, at a premium.

if that two days in the winter is hybernating indoors, i'd rather just fly to a southern port and cruise from there.

but there's currently no need for me to cruise in the winter. i prefer the summer.

I agree on the Brooklyn terminal -- only one cruise for us out of there but what a difference. The terminal where Carnival and NCL are is a disaster area at best. Princess has one of the most efficient debarkation process I have ever witnessed.

While most everyone posting here agrees they would not want to sail winter time it is obviously working for the other lines or they would be relocating for the winter as well.

We've done all our cruises out of NYC because we don't want to fly. I have to say we have never experienced really rough seas. I've seen people a bit green on a few of our cruises though.

Carnival has had the Pride, Legend and Miracle here. We've seen Victory, Triumph and Glory sailing north while we were heading south. I'm with the other poster who said they'd been on Miracle plenty of times, same itinerary and want a change up. I used to say that to Carnival when they called us. I can't really complain now because they did switch up the itinerary but I feel as other posters do about Bahamas. One thing we northerners have to remember is that you're at least 2 to 3 days from anything (except Bermuda) Caribbean island wise. I know it's a trade off for the fact that I don't want to fly. I will say the 9 day we took on Princess was really sweet and Carnival ought to be able to do that as well but I would most certainly think they would want to do it with a larger ship (more passengers, more on board $$$)

Since the Carnival ships here are always SOLD OUT, why not put a larger ship here?? So long as it fits at the pier....

It's like you folks who can travel from Charleston -- what the heck were they thinking putting the fascination there for. They could definitely do Caribbean itineraries from there and it makes a great drive to the pier spot for North and South Carolina, parts of Georgia, Tennessee, Virginia.

Maybe Carnival needs to survey their customers???

Unless there have been changes to the port, Breeze wouldnt fit.

John is so good at stringing people along who hang on his every nuance and word.

John who? :confused:

I stopped reading his blog, no matter how entertaining, as I grew tired of the constant "tease".

If they want to release info - then do so. I don't get a thrill from "the game".

Tom

I have been on over 65 cruises, I have sailed out of NYC many times. In fact I was on NCL Jewel, the day after Christmas during the huge snow storm. I live in Connecticut and I take Metro-North in from New Haven. We had a wonderful time and it is so much fun cruising for New Years. I am also taking the same cruise this year in November on the Jewel. I have been asking Carnival to sail out of NYC all year long and I will be so thrilled if they do. Do I care what the itinerary is? Yes, but I also love to be home after a cruise by noon too. The other cruise lines do so well sailing out of NYC all year, the few of you here will not put Carnival out of business not wanting to cruise with them in December. I bring my bathingsuit in my backpack, and we are in the hot tub right after lunch...........There is so much to do I can wait till the next day to sit in the sun.......

Surprise me Carnival.......I cannot wait to hear the great news........

Dorene

i cruise out of ny to save two days of travel, at a premium.

if that two days in the winter is hybernating indoors, i'd rather just fly to a southern port and cruise from there.

but there's currently no need for me to cruise in the winter. i prefer the summer.

I like sailing out of NY...granted, I never did it in winter. I'm sure I won't be alone on the ship even in the middle of winter.

I won't view it as hibernating indoors on the way south, I'll view it as an opportunity to get in shape with 12 oz curls.:D

I like sailing out of NY...granted, I never did it in winter. I'm sure I won't be alone on the ship even in the middle of winter.

I won't view it as hibernating indoors on the way south, I'll view it as an opportunity to get in shape with 12 oz curls.:D

a bag of cheese doodles? :eek::D

I don't mind cruising out of NYC in the fall & winter! I'm on a cruise headed for beautiful places & I didn't have to fly anywhere! Weather usually gets decent sometime during the first sea day. We sleep, eat, drink & 'snuggle" til then:p Yes, last day on the way home is a bit of an early reality check, but it's a small price imo. Year round Carnival would be very interesting..

It depends on a couple things...IF the cruise was extended, and went farther south, then I'd jump on board. BUT it would have to be at least 10 days because of the loss of a day or two on each end to cold weather AND it would have to do the Southern Caribbean, not the Bahamas.

I don't think a "fun ship" should have a name reminding people of an event that killed thousands of people. I'm all for honoring the people who died, but not on a cruise ship. Maybe a happier name?

It depends on a couple things...IF the cruise was extended, and went farther south, then I'd jump on board. BUT it would have to be at least 10 days because of the loss of a day or two on each end to cold weather AND it would have to do the Southern Caribbean, not the Bahamas.

Totally agree here. To lose a day or 2 on each end in the middle of winter, and then to go to the Bahamas, which can have "iffy" weather as is in the middle of the NE winter (last year we hit 80's, the year before we hit 60's in Nassau) doesn't intrigue me. And the prices would have to be decent - NY cruises seem to have higher prices than Florida cruises, which is why we haven't done NY too often. Even with airfare and pre-cruise hotel it is often cheaper to fly to Florida!

a bag of cheese doodles? :eek::D

I like the way you think!

I was only thinking about the regular snack mix...now I have to re-evaluate to ensure the proper accompaniment to my beverage.:D

Ship #1 year round in NY - 8 day itinerary in summer & rotate 9 day and 12 day Caribbean and Bermuda itineraries during winter.

Ship #2 seasonal NY - 4 and 5 day rotation on Canadian summer itineraries.

Ship #3 seasonal NY - rotate 9 day and 12 day Caribbean and Bermuda itineraries during summer.

I bet they would fill them all without a problem

Archived