New York News

spencercoop

It looks like the NY York news is YR out of NY.

But I am not impressed at all. It looks like the Miracle will be doing 8 day Bahamas (Port Canaveral, Nassau, and Freeport) during the winter.

I am really hoping this is not all they have planned for NY. After all this waiting and this is all we get.

Here is the itinerary it looks like they will be doing the whole winter.

Day Port Arrive Depart

Wednesday, Jan 09 New York, NY 4:00pm

Thursday, Jan 10 Fun Day at Sea

Friday, Jan 11 Fun Day at Sea

Saturday, Jan 12 Port Canaveral (Orlando), FL 7:00am 7:00pm

Sunday, Jan 13 Nassau, the Bahamas 11:00am 10:00pm

Monday, Jan 14 Freeport, the Bahamas 7:00am 6:00pm

Tuesday, Jan 15 Fun Day at Sea

Wednesday, Jan 16 Fun Day at Sea

Thursday, Jan 17 New York, NY 8:00am

Doesn't it make you want to run down 5th avenue naked? Not!

IMO, if they are going to leave the Miracle, start running some 10/11 days down into the caribbean like HAL use to do with the Noordam.. Not saying it has to be year round, but change things up alittle..:rolleyes:

Bulldog

I don't think that will happen - Carnival's main clientele generally isn't the "long cruise" type - it's families with limited vacation time, IMO.

That better not be the actual NY news. If it is, I don't know who John Heald thinks he is. Because that's a horrible itinerary - and I'm sure it's going to be pricy as well.

what other itinerary could you get from NY? There aren't many choices.

what other itinerary could you get from NY? There aren't many choices.

They do a couple 8 days that go to San Juan, St Thomas, and Grand Turk. Beyond that, the choices aren't great. I suspect they do the Bahamas more frequently because the fuel costs are way cheaper.

if that is the news, carnival has truly lost touch with its target customer.

i did a ny to bahamas/florida cruise once in the summer, and it was absolutely awful. it was also selling poorly, so the prices were significanyly reduced.

this attracted a bunch of cheap cruisers out of that area, making the product and atmosphere cheap.

it was a class of people i swore i would never intentionally sail with again!

when a group was dry humping on the pool wall, and ended up throwing a massage table in the pool, two jumping in and simulating lurid acts, i finally had enough.

i was kinda relieved when they retired this itinerary.

i did a ny to bahamas/florida cruise once in the summer, and it was absolutely awful. it was also selling poorly, so the prices were significanyly reduced.

this attracted a bunch of cheap cruisers out of that area, making the product and atmosphere cheap.

when a group was dry humping on the pool wall, and ended up throwing a massage table in the pool, two jumping in and simulating lurid acts, i finally had enough.

Ugh. Some people are just animals.:rolleyes:

They might move it after a while? Or maybe bring the Valor up, now that Breeze will go to Miami?

They need a new ship in South Florida to compete with Oasis/Allure, Epic, etc. I highly doubt they will move the Breeze unless a new pier is built based on the difficulties they had with Dream. Even if they were to move it, they wouldn't do it until well into 2013 (guessing they would give Miami at least a year), and we all know Carnival isn't that far ahead in their announcements:). I could see the Valor, though.

They need a new ship in South Florida to compete with Oasis/Allure, Epic, etc. I highly doubt they will move the Breeze unless a new pier is built based on the difficulties they had with Dream. Even if they were to move it, they wouldn't do it until well into 2013 (guessing they would give Miami at least a year), and we all know Carnival isn't that far ahead in their announcements:). I could see the Valor, though.

Or possibly they'd make Glory a year-round NYC ship. Miami doesn't really need her.

Dont think that was Carnival, they do not have Massage tables by the pool so at least that will not happen:D. Their massage tables are in the spa area, in the massage rooms....

As far as the lurid acts.... yuck... never seen it happen on a Carnival ship and hope it never does..... I would not blame the NY area cruisers for that.... it could happen anywhere I guess.... but I have never seen such a thing on CCL

Dont think that was Carnival, they do not have Massage tables by the pool so at least that will not happen:D. Their massage tables are in the spa area, in the massage rooms....

As far as the lurid acts.... yuck... never seen it happen on a Carnival ship and hope it never does..... I would not blame the NY area cruisers for that.... it could happen anywhere I guess.... but I have never seen such a thing on CCL

uh, yes it was. they were offering back massages right at the pool area, forward lido pool, port side.

Bermuda in the winter is not feasible....

i was expecting nothing less than weekly summer cruises to bermuda like they had in 2003.

what a disappointment

rccl and ncl, here i come. was actually holding back my 2012 booking.

Maybe Bermuda? A 9-nighter to Western Caribbean? A new ship, like the Breeze or something?

It wouldn't make sense for Carnival to bring a brand new ship to a port where with the exception of a few months in the summer, would spend the majority of days in cold weather.

I also don't see Carnival doing more than 8 day cruises as a steady diet because that wouldn't fit their demographic. That's what princess and Hal are for, also Carnival products.

i was expecting nothing less than weekly summer cruises to bermuda like they had in 2003.

what a disappointment

I agree for the summer months. I just looked and did not see anything on the booking engine....

what a disappointment

Well, we don't know if this is the OFFICIAL announcement...hopefully not!

It wouldn't make sense for Carnival to bring a brand new ship to a port where with the exception of a few months in the summer, would spend the majority of days in cold weather.

I also don't see Carnival doing more than 8 day cruises as a steady diet because that wouldn't fit their demographic. That's what princess and Hal are for, also Carnival products.

Good points and add to that theire is no new ship to bring here makes setting expectations along those lines unrealistic.

Archived