New York News

spencercoop

Happy that Carnival is going out of NYC all year but super bummed it is the Miracle and that there will only be one(?) Spirit class ship out of FL. Those always seem to have the more inventive itineraires... No more I guess. I've been hoping for them to shake things up but Carnival's itineraries are only becoming so vanilla & predictable to the point were we don't even get off the ship anymore in certain ports. Didn't like Princess when we tried it but may need to reevaluate because they have better routes and longer cruises.

Happy that Carnival is going out of NYC all year but super bummed it is the Miracle and that there will only be one(?) Spirit class ship out of FL. Those always seem to have the more inventive itineraires... No more I guess. Why not send a ship that has a retractable roof to NYC considering the climate? Makes no sense to me.

I've been hoping for them to shake things up but Carnival's itineraries are only becoming so vanilla & predictable to the point were we don't even get off the ship anymore in certain ports. Didn't like Princess when we tried it but may need to reevaluate because they have better routes and longer cruises.

They are sending a ship to NY that has a retractable roof. The Miracle has one.

Holy Crap Batman!!!!! $30 a day!!!!!!!! We were looking at something out of NYC going North in the Summer, but that right there puts the brakes on that notion! lol.

FYI - you can park at the Waterways Ferry terminal in Weehawken for $10 a day plus the 8.50 pp ferry ticket. It drops you off a few blocks south of the cruise ship terminal. From there, you can take their free buses, a cab or walk if you're fit and not carrying too much luggage. Have done this for a number of cruises and we usually walk. There is a bike/pedestrian path.

You're right! Whoops! :D

You would think I would remember this considering I've been on the ship 4x's lol

don't all the ships other than the fantasy class have a retractable roof now?

and where did i read they have to be docked when they retract/unretract the roof, else.it gets stuck?

and where did i read they have to be docked when they retract/unretract the roof, else.it gets stuck?

was on the glory a couple years ago before it left Canavral .. she "covered up" while crusing due to a rain storm... I dont if they changed the policy ..but when she covered up it was a whole "nother" world of humid! and everyone came a running... felt like i was in a subway car in the city in august!

was on the glory a couple years ago before it left Canavral .. she "covered up" while crusing due to a rain storm... I dont if they changed the policy ..but when she covered up it was a whole "nother" world of humid! and everyone came a running... felt like i was in a subway car in the city in august!

my fault for not specifying the spirit class, but i agree about that humidity. in fact, my first time on the legend, the roof was closed the whole time, as it was october.

what other itinerary could you get from NY? There aren't many choices.

I would think that to be the case. A cruise to western Caribbean would have to be mostly sea days just to get there and back. An eastern is still a distance, but it's straight down vs. having to go around the tip of Florida and across the Caribbean Sea. Some western ports there are yucky anyway.

Dream, Magic (and soon to be Breeze) don't have them either.

Winter would put a whole other perspective on humifidty in having the ability to close up and use a pool for the 4 days to get somewhere.....

It looks like the NY York news is YR out of NY.

But I am not impressed at all. It looks like the Miracle will be doing 8 day Bahamas (Port Canaveral, Nassau, and Freeport) during the winter.

I am really hoping this is not all they have planned for NY. After all this waiting and this is all we get.

Since you are in San Diego, if you don't like a cruise from NYC, you don't

have to sail from NYC. I personally like the idea of Carnival going out of

NYC all year. I can care less where it goes as long it is a cruise. It

seems the people who are complaining the most about the itinerary are

the ones who don't even live in the area. The Pride out of Baltimore

are successful and it does a simular itinerary.

Since you are in San Diego, if you don't like a cruise from NYC, you don't

have to sail from NYC. I personally like the idea of Carnival going out of

NYC all year. I can care less where it goes as long it is a cruise. It

seems the people who are complaining the most about the itinerary are

the ones who don't even live in the area. The Pride out of Baltimore

are successful and it does a simular itinerary.

For one thing the Pride has no local competition offering better itineraries.

in the winter? :confused:

Yes - all year.

The Miracle can very easily do 8 or 9 day sailings - and I don't think it has anything to do with their demographic - NCL has the same demo's and they have some longer cruises. It takes 2 1/2 days to get from NYC to San Juan or St Thomas. They can easily ad St Thomas, Tortola / HMC or something in 8 days. This itinerary does stink - I can't imagine for the life of me why it's popular. NCL does it all year out of NYC and CCL Pride does it out of Baltimore. I have never had a client excited about this itinerary.

Even their 8 day summer itinerary of GT, HMC and Nassau (ick) is better than the Freeport/Nassau run they put in. They should have continued that itinerary year-round.

The reason why they can't do the HMC itinerary is because they don't have access to HMC every day like they do in the summer. In the winter, Carnival can only use it on days that HAL is not using it.

The reason why they can't do the HMC itinerary is because they don't have access to HMC every day like they do in the summer. In the winter, Carnival can only use it on days that HAL is not using it.

I think Carnival should have substituted Key West in place of Port Canaveral. At least on alternating Winter cruises. That would give people another reason to choose Carnival over NCL which sails a similar itinerary with one of their ships out of NYC while the other will be sailing 9 nights to the Eastern Carribean. I have sailed out of NYC the past 5 years on NCL Four times to Fla/Bahamas and one 10 night Eastern Carribean cruise. I cannot wait to sail on Carnival in the Winter from NYC !

I think Carnival should have substituted Key West in place of Port Canaveral. At least on alternating Winter cruises. That would give people another reason to choose Carnival over NCL which sails a similar itinerary with one of their ships out of NYC while the other will be sailing 9 nights to the Eastern Carribean. I have sailed out of NYC the past 5 years on NCL Four times to Fla/Bahamas and one 10 night Eastern Carribean cruise. I cannot wait to sail on Carnival in the Winter from NYC !

My thought was that they should still do the San Juan, St. Thomas, and Grand Turk itinerary. Plus do the HMC, Nassau, and Grand Turk itinerary, but substitute Key West for HMC.

Archived