New York News

spencercoop

We did the Dream itinerary last Dec. Let me tell you - it was pretty frosty there at Port Canaveral. Sailing from NY - especially if the winter is anywhere near what it was this year - won't be pretty! And if the Bahamas have a cold snap, that would stink. And to spend $240 for parking for the 8 days - I would rather put that towards flying to a (hopefully) warmer port and taking a definitely warmer itinerary. Big sigh....

What a NYC itinerary. Anybody see anybody dancing in the streets. :D Hope Carnival has a policy that every beard must cruise these ports at least 25 times, maybe they would look harder at the itinerary they use, or they don't care and only look at the new Cruisers.

but when you add $30 a day for parking! ( yep, already checked!)..y

Holy Crap Batman!!!!! $30 a day!!!!!!!! We were looking at something out of NYC going North in the Summer, but that right there puts the brakes on that notion! lol.

I don't blame you folks fro being disappointed. The PC, Nassau, Freeport itin is certainly a weak one. Honestly don't think I'd drive across my small town for that itin, let alone NYC, lol.

Now, Mr Heald, the more pressing issue..... What about Fantasy and Charleston after April!!!! :)

Once again the Great Huckster has sucked everybody in with his promise of spectacular news........which according to what I am reading, has been met with little exuberance. Wonderful itinerary during those cold winter months....are all of the folks naked and skipping down 5th Ave yet? The Big Brit Bloke sure has a way of getting everyone hyped up, then let down with his less than exciting news from the "Beards". When will we all learn......he's some what like a Sears Catalog.....big, thick, and full of cheap crap!!!!!

John just posted this on his facebook, lol

Holy Crap Batman!!!!! $30 a day!!!!!!!! We were looking at something out of NYC going North in the Summer, but that right there puts the brakes on that notion! lol.

Not out of line for NY.

If you were thinking of driving north to cruise further north, just keep going and don't bother with the ship.

Not out of line for NY.

If you were thinking of driving north to cruise further north, just keep going and don't bother with the ship.

LOL, that will probably be what happens. We would be in a motorhome anyways, can't imagine what they'd charge to park it.

John just posted this on his facebook, lol

If you quote someone, don't edit the quote. If you will notice, you removed the part where he said Brilliant quote

Also, I have never once read where he said anything rude, nasty or disparaging about any one on CC. Too bad the same can't be said about the people on CC.

I cannot help laughing at this thread, mostly what people said here. I am happy they are here all year thats what I wanted. I sailed NCL the day after Christmas last year on the Jewel, and now I am doing it again November 26th this year. I enjoy cruising, I have been on over 65 cruises and do you think I duplicate a port?......The ships are packed out of NYC and I am happy they are sailing all year long......nothing like taking Metro North out of New Haven, to Grand Central, and at the port in 10 minutes from the station. Really where did you think they would go, from NYC?

Thank You Carnival, I am thrilled you will be here next winter and I plan on booking......Enjoy the ship, enjoy the service......enjoy your cruise......if the port is so important......why dont you just fly to a destination.......and skip the cruise.......I love just being on the ship.......and I enjoy sailing Carnival too.

Dorene

I'm just curious, what exactly were all of you expecting? I mean, what more could Carnival do than give you a year-round ship? I understand if the itineraries may not be all that great, but you also have to factor in the additional time it takes to get to ports. It probably takes too long to get to the southern and western ports from NYC and with Carnival wanting to keep the itineraries to 8 days it's probably just not possible.

How about this, if you don't like the itineraries, you can just still fly to FL and go on one you do like. :p

That's what we have to do out here in California...

If they had stuck to the 2 itineraries they are already doing, I think people would be much happier. Throwing in this much-less-than-stellar itinerary is what has people irked.

What a NYC itinerary. Anybody see anybody dancing in the streets. :D Hope Carnival has a policy that every beard must cruise these ports at least 25 times, maybe they would look harder at the itinerary they use, or they don't care and only look at the new Cruisers.

I saw someone dancing, but there may have been booze involved;):p And he didn't look like someone who might be looking for a cruise:eek:

If they had stuck to the 2 itineraries they are already doing, I think people would be much happier. Throwing in this much-less-than-stellar itinerary is what has people irked.

True dat.

Pity some couldn't leave the personal attacks out, otherwise this thread would be worth bringing to the attention of the "beards".

I saw someone dancing, but there may have been booze involved;):p And he didn't look like someone who might be looking for a cruise:eek:

They can't do the Grand Turk, HMC, and Nassau itinerary because of HMC. Since it is an 8 day cruise, they would be in HMC a different day of the week each cruise. During the winter Carnival can't use HMC everyday. They can only use it the days HAL doesn't use it. There can be 2 ships at HMC at a time, but they never mix cruise lines. So they will never have a HAL and Carnival ship there at the same time.

The only reason why this itinerary works during the summer is because HAL doesn't use it at all during the summer.

But they could do the San Juan, St. Thomas, Grand Turk. But I don't know why they didn't incorporate this itinerary during the winter too.

What they could of done was they could do the HMC itinerary, but on the days they couldn't do HMC, they could replace it with Key West. So it would be Grand Turk, Key West, and Nassau. In my opinion it would be a much better itinerary then the one they are going to do in the winter.

How adult of you people to personally attack someone over an announcement that will not affect your lives in any way. I can understand the news being a let down to some, but please are the attcaks necessary? Just take your cruise money and crap attitudes elsewhere.

I'm just curious, what exactly were all of you expecting? I mean, what more could Carnival do than give you a year-round ship?

Im with you. Some people just want a drive to port and are going to be excited.. maybe the whining is people who hoped for ports that would require a lot more fuel to get to.

Carnival is looking at the bottom line, and fuel costs .. we already knew that when they moved Ecstasy from the gulf where she was loved to Port Canaveral where people are ho hum about going to the Bahamas on yet another ship.

Well maybe I am in the minority but I'm personally very happy with the news. NYC is driving distance for me, and with the awful winters we get, I will be longing for warmer climes in those cold months. Now I don't have to worry that my flight will get cancelled due to weather. I have all-wheel drive on my car, I can get to the cruise port barring the worst blizzard, and I kind of like the 3 itinerary options. I am not picky about ports and besides, even if I was, I like Nassau, I'd love a shore excursion to Disney (did Univ Studios from the same itinerary on the Pride) and I want to visit the Coach outlet I've heard about in PR so... I'm a happy camper :)

The only thing that would make me even happier would be south-bound cruises out of Boston...

Well maybe I am in the minority but I'm personally very happy with the news. NYC is driving distance for me, and with the awful winters we get, I will be longing for warmer climes in those cold months. Now I don't have to worry that my flight will get cancelled due to weather. I have all-wheel drive on my car, I can get to the cruise port barring the worst blizzard, and I kind of like the 3 itinerary options. I am not picky about ports and besides, even if I was, I like Nassau, I'd love a shore excursion to Disney (did Univ Studios from the same itinerary on the Pride) and I want to visit the Coach outlet I've heard about in PR so... I'm a happy camper :)

The only thing that would make me even happier would be south-bound cruises out of Boston...

From November to April there is no 3 itinerary option there is one: Pt Canaveral/Freeport/Nassau. There are too many vacation options out there to waste money on that.

True dat.

Pity some couldn't leave the personal attacks out, otherwise this thread would be worth bringing to the attention of the "beards".

Agreed. I have no qualms with John...I really like him. He can't help what the beards decide. No need for the people here to attack him...he doesn't make the decisions. Maybe he hyped it because he hasn't been to these ports...LOL!

They can't do the Grand Turk, HMC, and Nassau itinerary because of HMC. Since it is an 8 day cruise, they would be in HMC a different day of the week each cruise. During the winter Carnival can't use HMC everyday. They can only use it the days HAL doesn't use it. There can be 2 ships at HMC at a time, but they never mix cruise lines. So they will never have a HAL and Carnival ship there at the same time.

The only reason why this itinerary works during the summer is because HAL doesn't use it at all during the summer.

But they could do the San Juan, St. Thomas, Grand Turk. But I don't know why they didn't incorporate this itinerary during the winter too.

What they could of done was they could do the HMC itinerary, but on the days they couldn't do HMC, they could replace it with Key West. So it would be Grand Turk, Key West, and Nassau. In my opinion it would be a much better itinerary then the one they are going to do in the winter.

Now you're talkin! Maybe you should become a beard!:D

I was very disappointed with the "big news". I won't be running down 5th ave naked today or anywhere on Long Island which is were I am now. I have left on a 9 day cruise out of Bayonne February 2009 and and a 7 day cruise on the NCL Gem February 2010. We tried it to save money on flights to Florida. Try wearing winter clothes on a cruise ship and being very cold for your first couple of days while heading down south.

n1031494410_30162059_3309006.jpg.4f62402ecbc47ef44cd23f1ec68a3889.jpg

23543_1255674465259_1031494410_30606399_3320309_n.jpg.dbb6fb514e3811574d1d1ee06175519f.jpg

if that is the news, carnival has truly lost touch with its target customer.

i did a ny to bahamas/florida cruise once in the summer, and it was absolutely awful. it was also selling poorly, so the prices were significanyly reduced.

this attracted a bunch of cheap cruisers out of that area, making the product and atmosphere cheap.

it was a class of people i swore i would never intentionally sail with again!

when a group was dry humping on the pool wall, and ended up throwing a massage table in the pool, two jumping in and simulating lurid acts, i finally had enough.

i was kinda relieved when they retired this itinerary.

That must be the class they are after!

Once again the Great Huckster has sucked everybody in with his promise of spectacular news........which according to what I am reading, has been met with little exuberance. Wonderful itinerary during those cold winter months....are all of the folks naked and skipping down 5th Ave yet? The Big Brit Bloke sure has a way of getting everyone hyped up, then let down with his less than exciting news from the "Beards". When will we all learn......he's some what like a Sears Catalog.....big, thick, and full of cheap crap!!!!!

With airfares up, I was anxiously awaiting this news.

Hohum!! Although, sailing from New York from May to October wouldn't be that bad, Miracle just doesn't seem like that exciting a ship.

So, this probably means that the exciting news for the Liberty drydock is equally unimpressive. I still don't understand why they hold these announcements back. Big deal.:(

Archived