disembarking before posted time for early flight

catenai

On the Ft. Lauderdale to Lima cruise on January 6, 2012, the disembark time is shown as 8 am on January 20. I want to catch an 8:05 am flight out of Lima. Will I be able to get off the ship very early that morning to catch that 8:05 flight. Thanks.

On the Ft. Lauderdale to Lima cruise on January 6, 2012, the disembark time is shown as 8 am on January 20. I want to catch an 8:05 am flight out of Lima. Will I be able to get off the ship very early that morning to catch that 8:05 flight. Thanks.

It really depends when the ship arrives and when it gets clearance, etc

We have been able to leave as early as 6:30 am with the help of the Destinations desk and Concierge

they cannot guarantee ,,ex..1one half hrs.after ship gets to port,,for disembarkation...you ll just worry about this,,and trip will be ruined...just changed a flight with similar times,,and glad I did,,would NOT have made it...call cruiseline,,and they will confirm this...I did...plus,,have to get to airport 2 hrs.prior for international flight...no way,,,have learned from missing a flight yrs.ago,,,change it..and relax and enjoy cruise,,,not spend it worrying..;)

Docking the day before is great and obviously makes a big difference. You will not have a problem getting off of the ship. We had a 2:15 a.m. flight out of Lima the day of debarkation. There were at least 30 passengers on the bus heading to the airport at 11:00 p.m. the night before. It worked well. While most passengers were in getting off the ship a few hours later, we were 6-7 hours into our flight home.

Thanks a bunch, everyone. I put a hold on flights using my AA miles and think it will work out just fine since we arrive in Lima on Jan 19 at 9 am. It will be nice to spend that last night sleeping on the ship, even if it requires getting up very early the next morning.

Will there be a problem with getting transportation to the airport that early in the morning, since I will not have Regent transfers? The friend, traveling with me, is using Regent air. Can I get in on her transfer to the airport.

It appears that the airport is a short distance from cruise terminal. Is that correct?

Thanks a bunch, everyone. I put a hold on flights using my AA miles and think it will work out just fine since we arrive in Lima on Jan 19 at 9 am. It will be nice to spend that last night sleeping on the ship, even if it requires getting up very early the next morning.

Will there be a problem with getting transportation to the airport that early in the morning, since I will not have Regent transfers? The friend, traveling with me, is using Regent air. Can I get in on her transfer to the airport.

It appears that the airport is a short distance from cruise terminal. Is that correct?

We thought that the airport was close. . . . but it took quite a while to get there. When you don't have Regent air, the transfers can be expensive (call Regent or your TA -- they can let you know the cost). My friend made arrangements through a airport transfer service. As I recall, the cost was approximately $25-30 (converting the Nuevo Sol to the U.S. dollar). We were there earlier this year so the prices should not have gone up too much.

You will definitely be able to disembark early that am as others have stated since we arrive the day before. (Looking forward to meeting you.)

The port is not actually in Lima, so there won't be taxis just hanging around, esp that early. Therefore, you will need to arrange a transfer with a private service. I haven't started researching that yet, but will get on it soon as we also will need to arrange a transfer that am. We are I think on the same flight, so if you want to share a transfer, let me know.

Thanks again, folks.

Rachel G: I will check on cost of transfer provided by Regent, which my friend will have as part of her Regent air. If that is not acceptable to me, I would love to share transportation to the airport. Will post here in a few days, after I get further info. Looking forward to meeting you, too.

RachelG: I have not been able to find out the cost of transportation with Regent to the airport in Lima. Please let me know when you get some results from your research on private transportation, since I may want to join you, if that is acceptable to you. I believe we do have the same AA flight that departs at 8:05 am. Thanks.

RachelG: I have not been able to find out the cost of transportation with Regent to the airport in Lima. Please let me know when you get some results from your research on private transportation, since I may want to join you, if that is acceptable to you. I believe we do have the same AA flight that departs at 8:05 am. Thanks.

I have looked into it, and the prices are VERY reasonable. I can't imagine that Regents transportation would be less. We always do our own transfers because Regent charges what I consider an outlandish price for transfers.

Would love to share with you. Go over to the rollcall portion of this board, and post on our cruise, and I will give instructions on how to get in touch with me. Also there are a bunch of CC'ers who have posted there that are going to be on the trip, and we are arranging a get together at the start of the cruise, so you will want to be part of that. It looks like we are really going to have a great group.

Be aware that at some cruise ship ports (FLL/ Port Everglades comes to mind) disembarkation times are strictly enforced by the work rules in effect between the baggage handlers union and the cruise line. Also, when you need to move quickly to catch an early flight, you will usually be better off if you don't leave your bags in the hallway on the last night and just carry them with you when they're ready to let you off the boat.

Be aware that at some cruise ship ports (FLL/ Port Everglades comes to mind) disembarkation times are strictly enforced by the work rules in effect between the baggage handlers union and the cruise line. Also, when you need to move quickly to catch an early flight, you will usually be better off if you don't leave your bags in the hallway on the last night and just carry them with you when they're ready to let you off the boat.

Both of these comments are spot on especially about not putting your bags out in the hallway the night before. We had an early flight a couple of years ago and were advised to keep our luggage with us but luckily we only had one bag each.

I've always thought that calling it a "transfer", taking you from your hotel to the ship, is just a liiiittle bit high-falutin'.

If I get in the car and go to a restaurant, I don't consider that I'm self-executing a "transfer" to that restaurant. If I take a cab, too, I'm just "taking a cab", not "getting a transfer".

BUT, maybe they have to call it that. I think many folks would pay more for a "transfer" than they would for a "taxi (or driver, or van) to the ship".

(Just had to get that out of me. Always thought it was a slightly funny word in that context.)

Archived