renting the flowrider?

$300 for renting, no lesson, need to be able to put yourself in. $480 for rent and lesson. Both are for one hr.

My family rented the FlowRider privately on our Liberty OTS cruise and it was the BEST $300 we ever spent! There are 5 of us, although it was our 3 kids that used it the most, and we had it for an hour. We also has 2 instructors who taught the kids tricks and had my step-daughter standing up surfing by the end of the hour. the kids had such a blast we debated about renting it a second time during that cruise, but never got around to it.

We are on the Oasis next week and it will be the first thing I sign up for once we board. My kids are already talking about it.

• Like 1

$300 for renting, no lesson, need to be able to put yourself in. $480 for rent and lesson. Both are for one hr.

Is this something new? Because when we rented it privately (in 2009) it was $300 for the hour and we had 2 instructors with us at all times.

There are instructors with the $300 one as well, but I think they do more of a "lesson" with the other one.

And on the Oasis ask for Jackie he is the best instructor I have ever worked with.

Thanks for the instructor suggestion!

We are cruising on the FOS in August. I will be renting the flow rider for an hour as well. I know you can pre-book the flow rider for the Oasis or the Allure. Can you for the FOS?

Thanks

There are instructors with the $300 one as well, but I think they do more of a "lesson" with the other one.

And on the Oasis ask for Jackie he is the best instructor I have ever worked with.

Jackie Chan was great. He was better at the boogie boards though. For Surfing Adam or Sergio were the best!

How long and how often do you get to ride for free?

You can ride for free anytime the flowrider is open and not booked for lessons or rented out for the hour. The daily compass will have the posted open/close times.

How long and how often do you get to ride for free?

How long and how often will depend on how many people are waiting to use it. If it's not busy the staff will let you stay on for 5-8 minutes (it varies), if there are lots of people usually once you fall off you have to go get back in line to try again. Sometimes if the demand is high they will divide the Flowrider into two sections and have two lines. Hope this helps.

• 6 years later...

Revisiting this thread! I have two upcoming RCCL reservations (Anthem and Symphony) and was wondering if anyone knows if they still do the rental of the Flo-RIder, and if they ave seen it rentable on the Anthem. Since the Symphony is not yet sailing, it is understood no one has the answer on that, but how about on other Oasis class ships? Going with a few families, and a couple of us look at it as a good way to spend an hour with kids as a group. Thanks in advance.

Revisiting this thread! I have two upcoming RCCL reservations (Anthem and Symphony) and was wondering if anyone knows if they still do the rental of the Flo-RIder, and if they ave seen it rentable on the Anthem. Since the Symphony is not yet sailing, it is understood no one has the answer on that, but how about on other Oasis class ships? Going with a few families, and a couple of us look at it as a good way to spend an hour with kids as a group. Thanks in advance.

It was available for rent on the Harmony this past March.

Yes, was wondering where resurrecting a post from 6+ years ago was heading,.

You can rent the flowrider during the off hours (off the cruise compass times)... I think it is close to $400 an hour now (not exact or accurate). It is a great way to get a lot of runs in when the ship is busy. If the ship is not during a time with a lot of young people on board, this is a waste. On some cruises it is awesom and some a waste.

JC

Yes, was wondering where resurrecting a post from 6+ years ago was heading,.

You can rent the flowrider during the off hours (off the cruise compass times)... I think it is close to $400 an hour now (not exact or accurate). It is a great way to get a lot of runs in when the ship is busy. If the ship is not during a time with a lot of young people on board, this is a waste. On some cruises it is awesom and some a waste.

JC

To further JC comments, if instruction is needed it is around $520.

My family rented the FlowRider privately on our Liberty OTS cruise and it was the BEST $300 we ever spent! There are 5 of us, although it was our 3 kids that used it the most, and we had it for an hour. We also has 2 instructors who taught the kids tricks

We did the same on Oasis a few years ago. They blocked out slow hours, usually during dinner times, for the private hour long rentals.

It was the most fun and we have some great videos. We could only get it for the hour during MDR time so we all just did WJ for dinner that night.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info! We do large groups, typically during an off-week, and think this is a fun way to get a few families together - thinking me and my kids, brother w/ niece/nephew, and another friend with his son, so splitting it up between the three of us, renting it for an hour, get some rides in, fun videos, etc. the breakdown is much worth it. thank you all!