Elation #1 Ship - What Do You Think?

posted on John Heald's FB page this morning...

By the way, the top three ships based on the review cards that some of you have received and completed so far this month are:

3. Carnival Triumph

2. Carnival Spirit

1. Carnival Elation

Carnival Magic is number 8.

What do you think? :)

Look, I have only been on 2 ships, so take my opinion for what it's worth. One of those ships was the Elation; the other was the Glory. The Glory was SOOOOOO much better, IMO, than the Elation. My room on the Elation was beat to hell, as were a lot of the common areas, and there were plenty of funny smells everywhere. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy my cruise, because we all had a blast. But, the Glory would be ranked a lot higher from my experience. Loved that ship.

BTW, I have not been asked to fill out a comment card??? Who are these people that get to comment?

BTW, I have not been asked to fill out a comment card??? Who are these people that get to comment?

Prior to a year or so ago, everyone got comment cards in their cabins on last day of cruise to fill out and turn in. They even used to draw one of the turned-in comment cards out of the box and that person won a free cruise.

The tekkies at Carnival decided to stop that old-fashoined writing and turn them into eComment Cards. You'd get them in your email within a week or 2 after your cruise. I've been on at least 2 cruises since the changeover and never gotton one of them. There have been numerous threads re: them on these boards. Carnival blames their computer system for the glitch, yet they've made no effort to fix it.

So, IMO, any "poll" taken as a result of the eComment Cards means bubkis to me, as they don't truly reflect all passengers.

Iv had quite a few cruises since the online comment cards went into effect. Nary a one here either.. I think I did 5 Carnival cruises since then (and 2 RCL).

Someone said you could email and ask for the comment card. If people have to do that .. its not very balanced.

It's not surprising at all that the Fantasy-class ships rank consistently at the top.

I seem to recall that the last time that JH posted the results, Fascination had the top spot.

I can believe those results.

Elation sails out of Mobile.

Sailings from Mobile have a laid back southern feeling.

And Elation is much nicer than the previous ships in Mobile.

My current favorite is Triumph.

I have really enjoyed Triumph being in New Orleans and really hate to see it removed.

When I cruise I need 5 days and it has been really nice to be able to go on a ship that is a bit nicer than Fantasy class.

We are taking our second cruise on the Elation this August. We have sailed many, many times on many, many ships, in many, many parts of the world and have never been disappointed by any of them! I guess if you like cruising, and if you live to be on a cruise ship, you will see the best on all of them! We liked the Elation. The crew was awesome, the food was great, and our cabin was always clean and comfortable! However, we have had this same experience on every other ship we have ever been on. I couldn't begin to rank which one was the best and which one was the worst! :-)

I can see that happening. My favorite ship was the Holiday and cruising out of Mobile is my favorite. I had a ball on the Valor but nowhere near as much fun as I did on the Holiday both times I sailed her. Next up = Fascination. Maybe this one will top them all :)

I just got off of the Elation yesterday morning. In terms of the other cruises I've been on, it was one of the worst - I realize "worst" is a strong word, but relative to the other cruises, it really did rank right at the bottom of all the other CCL cruises I've been on. Still, it was an OK cruise. Better to have a boring day at sea sipping a Twilight Zone on the Serenity Deck than a day back home wiping up snotty noses and potty accidents with my kiddo :)

Wow, I surprised at all the Elation boos. I loved the ship decor. It is one of my favorites.

My favorite to date is Triumph and Victory. The entertainment on the larger ship seem much better.

Next up for us is Conquest. I'm sure she'll blow them all away.

For ship that I thought needed a face lift is Fascination but they made up for it in service.

Wow... lots of mixed reviews on the Elation. My first cruise is booked for the Elation in September. Your making me nervous. Lol:eek:

Dont worry, you will love it, be hooked and then when you sail on a newer, larger ship, you will understand!:D

Archived