port canaveral parking

Big40

Thanks for posting parking information. I will check out both parkcruise and parkportcanaveral. The add for parkportcanaveral says bring the coupon in for the 5.95 price. Did not see anything saying 4.94 if booking online.

Edited by Dolly1952

Does Radisson charge for 7 or 8 days of parking when on a 7 day cruise when not staying at their hotel?

You enter your dates, for example, I put in 7/9 - 7/13, and they calculated 4 days on my confirmation email. So I guess it is "nights"... same as your cruise length...

:cool:A~

Use the Radisson! right up the road. The Port charges $15 per Day V.S 5.95 at the Radisson, also the Port Charges a $ day minimum, That means on a 3 day cruise you pay $60....RIDICULOUS!!!

Have you used the Radisson?

I have a ressie there, and every intention of using it... but was just wondering about post-cruise transfer... Do the Radisson shuttles run automatically? Or do you have to call for pickup?

A~

Rad' has 8 or 10 shuttles now . . . .

I wonder why?

They have plenty of capacity but surely didn't buy it just 'cuz . . . you may find yourself in a queue. Some have thrown in a towel and taken a taxi.

• 4 weeks later...

While the staff at the Radisson was great for us - I found them very polite, helpful and efficient with a good sense of humor in stressful circumstances. The parking was fine - we aren't the type of folks who stress about things like cars so the fact that it wasn't in covered parking was not an issue for us at all. The other passengers were the problem for us. Rude, pushing, shoving, so worried that someone might get on the ship before them...like the ship is going to leave with them sooner because they got onboard before anybody else?

We loved the Radisson and had nothing but great things to say about our stay there and the staff, the shuttle drivers did a great job of trying to make our stay pleasant. Would love to hear more experiences parking at the terminal!

We used Cruise Parking of Port Canaveral just last week. We were pretty apprehensive at first, because they are so inexpensive, but they completely put us at ease. They made us feel very secure leaving the car with them. Service was outstanding! Price was great! When we got off the boat, we called them for pickup & the shuttle was there within minutes. Will definitely use again.

Thanks for all your tips and advice.

We are due to do the Freedom OTS in Sept and wanted to know where to leave the car. :)

There are many options other than paying $15.00 per day at the port (plus one). Other than premier which is closed all offer pretty good security, charge roughly $5.50 to $7.00 per day (plus one) and are reputable. Most include shuttle for free.

As I see it the major difference is the number of shuttles each lot has (waiting time). Most have two and some hotels use local transportation companies. Since December 2011 the Radisson at the Port has added ten shuttles to their original two and now run from 4 to 12 shuttles daily depending on the number of ships in the port.

Are there occasional problems .... of course no matter who you use.

At a recent Port Commision meeting it came out that $0.91 cents of every parking dollar is pure profit.(Florida Today). No wonder they have competition for your parking dollar.

• 1 month later...
I have parked at the radisson twice now and had good luck there. Shuttles are usually quick, but no shade for your car in their lots. They were even really quick to jump start our car last time when the battery died.

Just got off Monarch of the Seas, Parked at the Port $60 for 3 day cruise. On return battery was flat, asked an attendant for a jump - all they can do is call a tow truck for you at your expense, - even the Airports give you a free jump.

Next time off port for me

• 2 weeks later...

Just off the Freedom and used Park N Cruise ( just off 528) for the third or fourth time This time we waited maybe 10 minutes ( on the shuttle) for the shuttle to load to take us from the ship back to the lot. It as the longest we ever had to wait.

Would like to see perhaps a senior rate or a repeat customer benefit.

I recommend this place

M

• 2 weeks later...

I parked my car at the Radisson in April after booking online. The shuttle to and from the port was quick and easy. The shuttles were full, but not over crowded. It's maybe a 5 minute ride. Remember to take a couple of dollars for the driver each way. I can't recall if they charged me by the day or by the night. At the time they had a $4.95/day online deal. The deal isn't available now, but at $5.95/day - it's still a great deal.

Just booked parking for my November cruise. They're charging 5 days for a 4 night cruise. Still beats the port's $75 fee for the same period.

Description Price

Car - Pay Later - 5 days * $5.95 per day $29.75

-----------

Subtotal $29.75

Taxes $1.80

-----------

Total $31.55

=======

Edited by DSJ28
Additional information

While the staff at the Radisson was great for us - I found them very polite, helpful and efficient with a good sense of humor in stressful circumstances. The parking was fine - we aren't the type of folks who stress about things like cars so the fact that it wasn't in covered parking was not an issue for us at all. The other passengers were the problem for us. Rude, pushing, shoving, so worried that someone might get on the ship before them...like the ship is going to leave with them sooner because they got onboard before anybody else?

We loved the Radisson and had nothing but great things to say about our stay there and the staff, the shuttle drivers did a great job of trying to make our stay pleasant. Would love to hear more experiences parking at the terminal!

I booked a room the night before our cruise. We did the cruise package, which gave us free parking for our cruise.

Do you need a reservation for the shuttle to get to the ship, or just show up?

• 1 year later...
We used the Park N Cruise lot just of Rte 528 two weeks ago. Very good. 5 minute shuttle to the port. Quick pick up on return $6.99 a day plus a 10% discount if you book on line.

Very secure. You park your car and take the keys. www(dot)parkncruise(dot)com

\Price now is $6.99 if made on line with no discount. Anyone know a cheaper place? Thanks

$7.95 per day is the cheapest I have found with parkportcanarveral

I booked at parkportcanaveral 7 months ago at the rate of $3.95 a day.

I start looking for deals as soon as I book a cruise. Never know when a special will pop up. Keep watching, there may be special prices posted again.

Donna