Sooo over due photo dream review! PS I LOVE CARNIVAL DREAM!!

rae.holmes

The Sky Ride is on my bucket list. I am disappointed that it took most of the day. What time did you get in line and what time did you finish. I would hate for that to be the only thing to do while in port. I love to Christmas shop there, the clothes prices are great. More review, Please!:p

We were in line maybe total 20-25 mins. but the ride was about 8-10 mins long each way.. It didnt take the whole day, just a couple hours and would of been shorter if we didnt do the hike. We had time to go to meagans bay but it was so hot and I had a broken foot for this cruise and my mom has diabetes so we wanted to go back..

Day 5 - St. Maarten

This was a one of the top days, I didn't think I was going to enjoy St. Maarten because of the many things I have read and heard. I am glad I was wrong!!

We woke up early for our beautiful beach day and headed down to the buffet for breakfast.

May21st0351.jpg

I was really impressed with the breakfast selection, it was a little packed but that was due to the fact that they were re-carpeting the dinning areas. (it was music notes.. I loved it!)

May21st0352.jpg

So after breakfast we were off the ship, taking the long ass walk to the ferry (ok it wasnt really that long but I was hot and didnt like it!! lol) But it was beautiful I've never seen such a magnificent place!

May21st0353.jpg

May21st0354.jpg

May21st0356.jpg

May21st03511.jpg

If your not doing a shore excursion and you wanna take the ferry over to the beach this is the yellow building you need to find..its to the left! I don't remember how much but you need to buy a round trip bracelet.

May21st03512.jpg

our gorgeous dream!!

May21st03515.jpg

the ferry ride its self was a nice ride and the guys on our boat were funny. I know alot of people dont like it when people shamefully ask for tips but these guys did it in a funny way.. they said if you had any questions or comments to write it down on a one dollar bill and they will get back to you as soon as possible! lol they only ask once and I dont have a problem with this. On cruises I notice most people get into the habit of not tipping cause it's pulled out.. well these guys benefit from that! Anyways rant over!!

May21st03516.jpg

May21st03519.jpg

May21st03520.jpg

May21st03523.jpg

I can tell you I loved the beach in St Maarten. We walked down the board walk a ways and talked to a guy about renting the beach chairs, 15 dollars a chair. Probably could of gotten a better deal but we wanted to stay near the dock. We had the opportunity to rent jet skis and such but we just swam and tanned!! I took loads of beach pics but they are on a disposable camera and I havent gotten those developed yet ( I know!! lol)

But these are what I have!

May21st03525.jpg

May21st03526.jpg

May21st03527.jpg

May21st03528.jpg

May21st03529.jpg

May21st03530.jpg

After we got back on the boat mom and ash took a nap (big babies) and I did some much needed laundry. So once lazy bones got out of bed we got ready for dinner!! Tonight was a blast, dinner was great and mom and me were some of those crazy people that dance around the dinning room!!

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHOW TIME!!!

May21st03533.jpg

May21st03535.jpg

May21st03536.jpg

May21st03537.jpg

May21st03543.jpg

May21st03540.jpg

Then desert (big fan of carnivals tiramisu!) After wards we watched another dance class (we went early so we'd have good seats.. were not just weird people who watch dance classes!! i promise!) And they had a trivia game that I got picked to play for the blue team!! (Carnival had a huge color wars game going on all week every game or contest, and through out the week anyone that played their points would go toward the color wars.) And yea.. I won!!! Haha I also got my first ship on the stick for the week (one down.. one to go!!)

May21st03547.jpg

May21st03550.jpg

Front row center baby!!

May21st03553.jpg

May21st03555.jpg

May21st03558.jpg

Did I say I won, I SMASHED THOSE GUYS!! The one to my right was cute and funny!! lol

Such a bad pic of me.. but whatever!!

May21st03562.jpg

Then honestly I think the best part of the cruise.. COLOR WARS!!! We meet up in the aft lounge doing a kareoke challenge to see how many points we could get!! We got alot haha!! We were decked out with our blue face paint and learned our chant!! ''BLUE, THERE IT IS"

May21st03563.jpg

May21st03564.jpg

May21st03567.jpg

May21st03577.jpg

May21st03578.jpg

May21st03579.jpg

It was alot of fun!! We were all dancing and singing on the dance floor, and apparently people like to sit and relax in lounge(who knew?)! So they were just watching us.. a little weird, but whatever!!! MORE COLOR WARS PICS!!

May21st03580.jpg

May21st03583.jpg

May21st03584.jpg

May21st03585.jpg

May21st03570.jpg

What a great FUN review!

I love that area of St. Marteen, too! We have toured a few times, but that area right at the port is FUN, lively and easy!

Thanks for sharing your vacation!

Catrin

From there we headed over to the laini for dance lesson with baby butch then over to club calente for dancing and sing off with CD Butch!! Such an great night after wards all of the colors group went up to the lido deck by the pool and partied, my sister and mom.. and my feet were tired so we took advantage of the freaking amazing hamburger girl and went to bed!

May21st03594.jpg

May21st03598.jpg

May21st03599.jpg

May21st100136.jpg

May21st101137.jpg

May21st103139.jpg

Loving the review! Thanks for taking the time to post it. We rode the tram in St. Thomas too and didn't want to leave! I think my DH had a Bushwacker while we were up there!:p

I am a big fan of John Heald's too, that was so nice of him to send the strawberries and champagne!!

Great review & pictures. You totally could have done better on the beach in St. Maarten. We pay $15 for two chairs, an umbrella and either a bucket of beer or two frozen drinks. Keep that in mind for your next trip there!

Your review is wonderful, we can hardly wait. Our curise in June,2012, but reading your review is sooo good.

I definitely want to take the tram ride in St Thomas and do some sightseeing, too.

I am really enjoying the review, it looks like y'all had a really good time.

Archived