Sooo over due photo dream review! PS I LOVE CARNIVAL DREAM!!

rae.holmes

So sorry its taken me awhile to get back to yall!! Harry Potter weekend and everything!! haha

okay so day 6! Very laid back day for us! we were just hanging out, but one think we really wanted to try was the desserts in the coffee bar! Fantastic! for like 2.49 you get a cake the size of your face! I couldn't finish mine but while we were in the Lanai they were starting the photo scavenger hunt.. so I was down!!! Did I mention i love doing the games!!

May21st1440.jpg

May21st1441.jpg

May21st1442.jpg

May21st1445.jpg

May21st1446.jpg

oh and by the way.. the crew and staff on this ship.. is HOT!!!

PHOTO SCAVENGER HUNT!!

Photo of someone using hub station! Easy enough we were right there so...

May21st1447.jpg

Next, was a photo of someone eating pizza.. my mom and sister were not surprisingly, shy bout this.. I however dont have a shy bone in my body!! so i just walked up to a guy right after he got a piece of pizza and said "hey can I take a picture of you eating your pizza? Its for a scavenger hunt" and he was cool with it!!

May21st1448.jpg

then we had to get a pyramid, if I'm remembering correctly more than 5 people got 10 points and less than 5 people only got 5 people. We'd figure getting kids to do it would make it easier but the first few kids weren't into it.. they were kinda young so we looked for older kids and found a few 12 year olds and tada!!

May21st1449.jpg

being on the lido deck out by the pool was the best place for the interacting "items" cause for our next two shots we were lucky to get a group of high schoolers who were eager to help out.. they did the ymca for us and a tonga line!!! it was great!!

May21st14410.jpg

May21st14411.jpg

And this is why I love carnival staff, two of them didnt understand what we were saying but did it anyways!! Not to mention we interrupted their work!!

May21st14412.jpg

scavenger hunt cont.

these next two were my favorite, one cause my mom looks insane and well i look insane!

we had to get a picture with a bird and the only bird i saw was in the gift shop...

May21st14413.jpg

Im not sure why she thought she had to talk to it.. could be the tequila in her cup!!

and then someone in our group had to ask a staff member to marry us.. again my mom and sister are shy and we'd just walked past the theatre so down i went...WARNING NOT THE BEST PIC OF ME...but its pretty damn funny!

May21st14414.jpg

Not sure if i had mentioned it but we had the best dinner mates, nice and funny! it was just a blast every night! Our table was always the last one to be cleared cause we were sitting around talking! I wish we had people like this everytime!!

May21st14434.jpg

May21st14435.jpg

May21st14432.jpg

'

May21st14437.jpg

We'll be on the Dream in December. Thanks for sharing all the great photos I love reviews like this. Looks like you had a great time.

I will be on this cruze w/you..are you on Roll Call?.... My long time pal, will also be on..he is a Maitre'D..and CCL 20 yr employee..we also met up in Roatan in May..just by chance!.....looking forward to this , and others...I'll celebrate my 39th CCL on this one!

I heard a couple reviews about the dream having more motion than the smaller ships. Is this true. I have a first timer going with us and she does get a little car sick so just wondering about the smoothness of the dream. We went on Freedom Nov 2010 and it was perfect. That was our first cruise and now I am hooked. I am taking my son and his girlfreind with us

in Dec (2011) and they are both new to cruising. We are debating between Dream and Liberty. Any suggestions

Day 7! Our last night, it was so bitter sweet saying goodbye to this boat! we had a blast but were ready to get home! My mom had made me promise that we'd to the tea time on this cruise so we did!!

May21st1404.jpg

May21st1405.jpg

I am a big fan of tea time but me and my sister were really getting on each other nerves!!

This cruise was almost perfect, never a rainy day, and this day wasnt an exception!!

May21st1408.jpg

May21st14011.jpg

Before dinner we headed over to the fairwell party. It's not talked about on the capers...or "fun times" meh! anyways its just on the scheadule!! and free rum punch!! and other stuff but we were just drinking the rum punch! its funny cause my sister doesnt drink.. like ever!! And she ended up being very drunk!!

May21st14031.jpg

May21st14030.jpg

lol!!

Love your review! You seem like a FUN family!! I have to ask where you got the lanyards (for your S&S cards) they are adorable!! And your dresses for formal night, where did you get those?? I LOVED yours, and your sisters too! I am glad you had so much fun, we sail in 70 days and the countdown is ON! :D

Love your review! You seem like a FUN family!! I have to ask where you got the lanyards (for your S&S cards) they are adorable!! And your dresses for formal night, where did you get those?? I LOVED yours, and your sisters too! I am glad you had so much fun, we sail in 70 days and the countdown is ON! :D

thanks i think were fun but you never know!! haha the lanyards were a gift from my mom we got them at Sam Moon down here in fort worth, tx here is a link to their web site! http://www.sammoon.com/

I bought my sisters dress at kholes and I got mine i believe the avenue.. that dress is like 3 years old!! haha but im glad you like it! i love it!!

• 2 weeks later...
We were in line maybe total 20-25 mins. but the ride was about 8-10 mins long each way.. It didnt take the whole day, just a couple hours and would of been shorter if we didnt do the hike. We had time to go to meagans bay but it was so hot and I had a broken foot for this cruise and my mom has diabetes so we wanted to go back..

Was that 20-25 minutes on each end? Really want to do this but not sure that wait is worth it to me. Also, how many do they actually cram into them. You mentioned they pack them full so wondering how many that is so I can get an idea of the closeness. This is another thing that makes me hesitate.

Finally, what is in the tall blue souvenier glass? Is that the bushwacker too or something else?

Your review is great BTW. :D

Hi rae.holmes!! :D Thanks so much for doing this review, it sounds like you had a great time and you , your Mom, and Ashleigh sound like fun people!! Do you have any more pictures of the ship? I'm sailing on the Dream for New Years and since we've been to all the ports many times (we're doing the same itinerary as you did), it's all about the ship (and the New Years Eve party of course)!!!! :D I'm soooooooooooooooooooo excited to see the ship, I can hardly wait!!!! :D Did you go see the lazor show? Is it good and where's the best spot to sit? I love the Colour Wars game as well, it's always way too much fun!! :D How do they decide which team you're on? I've seen it done a few ways. We're in a Cove Balcony and I just can't wait to board and get going!! :D Lido Deck and a few DODs, here I come!!!! :D

• 1 year later...
Now in the port talked they mentioned a drink called "the bushwacker", that it was some drink that can hit you on your ass! And I got it in my head that I had to try it. So I did, the girl who served us though couldnt tell me what was in it (it was pre mixed) but it sorta tasted like a mud slide.. ish... But wow it did hit me, I hardly remember how we got back to the boat. which was kinda bad idea cause in st. thomas is where i decided to send my 16 post cards to friends and family!! it was pretty damn funny.. but bad!!

Bushwackers originated in my hometown! I actually didn't realize they'd gone much farther than the Pensacola area. The things you learn! :D And yes, they're awesome. There are other forms of Bushwackers, my favorite is called The Dirty Girlscout, it's a Bushwacker with mint liquor added. Tastes like and Andes mint!

Archived