Sooo over due photo dream review! PS I LOVE CARNIVAL DREAM!!

rae.holmes

I'm happy you had such a great time in St. Thomas! With all the negative I read on here I'm glad to read some thing good.

We will be on the Dream in October on the Western route in October. Can't Wait!!!

We will be on the Dream for Thanksgiving this year, the November 19th sailing. I, too, can't wait. Thanks for the review. It is great and we all love the pictures that go along with it. It is really great to get someone's view of things….. Again, thanks.

So I promised myself that I wasn't going to let myself being scared of trying new things.. so I did. For the appy I got the escargot and to my surprise it wasn't that bad. It was actually good, the taste was great but the texture was..different! But the soup in the corner was.. well I only had one bite.

May21st2011038.jpg

Not sure what kinda stake mom got but it looked good.. me and my sister were brave and got the porterhouse!! Omg i was soo full.. And we were extreamly tired we had been going since 4am that day (my sister 10am the day before!) We had actually fallen asleep during the drill earlier, our room steward came by to make sure the rooms were clear. She told us later that we didn't even stir when she came into the room. So she let us be.

May21st2011039.jpg

May21st2011040.jpg

May21st2011041.jpg

My mom doesn't usally look that bad.. I'm guessing she didn't get mush sleep either!

May21st2011042.jpg

My sister and mom doesn't usually drink so I had finished the bottle my self.. can you tell??

OMG, The chops and the ribs were so, good on my sailing. I was concerned about ordering the ribs because they are usually messy but they just fell off the bone. The steak was good too. Thanks for the review and photos. St. Maartin was my favorite.

Great pics! Thanks! Do you remember what the desserts were that you & your Mom didn't like?

I had few desserts that taste good but most taste terrible although they looked great. This is true of Carnival and NCL. The best was the soft serve in the buffet.

mmmm raspberry mojito... is this self made? And if so, how'd you do it? Also, is that a Tervis tumbler glass? I'm looking for an insulated cup that actually works and keeps things cold.

I had that same question about the Mojito. We just came across the pre made Bacardi stuff. Wonder if it comes from Bon voyage. That would be nice!

Turvis, Turvis, Turvis... We live in FL and hit the factory store on a recent weekend trip. Prices were a little better than retail but man the selection was overwhelming! BUT - we are sending them back with the lifetime guarantee. It wasn't until we got home and looked online to find out how make a claim about a hazy tumbler we found out why. If you have sunscreen on your hands it will actually eat the plastic! We are always putting on sunscreen and it never occurred to us. Not a huge issue but kind of if we paid that much for it we should be happy with it.

Overall though the cup work great! It keeps ice for awhile and seems pretty duable. It isn't completely sweat free but there is very little condensation on the outside. We love them on the beach - which also means sunscreen :(.

I wish Wish WISH I could remember the name of the mojito stuff we used.. but I cant!! so sorry.. i do know that i bought it from the liquor store over by the mixes it was a liquid mixer in a glass triangle bottle. i just put it in three zip locks and wrapped it in blue jeans! I liked it more than the baha bobs margaritas! And about the glass... I just bought that at walmart ( I bought three for all of us) mine works great! kept things cold and everything.. also when your drunk and running down the hall and your sister hits your arm making your cup full of your booze.. it hardly leaks!! haha

So the one thing we (I) demanded to do was the sky ride! for like twenty bucks its suppose to be gorgeous veiws..

So we got of the boat and headed over through the mall area to the sky ride and waited in line...

May21st2011256.jpg

May21st2011257.jpg

May21st2011258.jpg

May21st2011259.jpg

May21st2011260.jpg

May21st2011261.jpg

More line pictures.. and did I mention it was hot. I was cool with the heat but my sister was not pleased. Not to mention she wore her bathing suit cause we were going to go to Meagans bay.. but we never ended up over there!!

May21st2011262.jpg

May21st2011263.jpg

May21st2011264.jpg

May21st2011267.jpg

May21st2011268.jpg

May21st2011271.jpg

After a few hours it was really getting gross hot so we wanted to head back to the ship!! so back into line we went!!

May21st2011300.jpg

Down we go!!

May21st2011305.jpg

May21st2011304.jpg

Now in the port talked they mentioned a drink called "the bushwacker", that it was some drink that can hit you on your ass! And I got it in my head that I had to try it. So I did, the girl who served us though couldnt tell me what was in it (it was pre mixed) but it sorta tasted like a mud slide.. ish... But wow it did hit me, I hardly remember how we got back to the boat. which was kinda bad idea cause in st. thomas is where i decided to send my 16 post cards to friends and family!! it was pretty damn funny.. but bad!!

May21st2011308.jpg

May21st2011307.jpg

some shopping then back to the boat!

May21st2011309.jpg

No pictures from tuesday nights dinner.. I forgot my camera! But after dinner we got ready for the show and the mardi gras party!! It was so much fun, for one thing the show was fantastic! It was the dancing in the streets show and my jaw was dropped the entire time! After the show we headed into the atrium to wait for the beads to start falling! It was great from there we did a sorta march down to the aft lounge...

May21st2011328.jpg

May21st2011330.jpg

May21st2011331.jpg

they lead us down there to start the karaoke live.. I wasnt into it.. we bailed and headed over to the adult scavenger hunt.. Once everybody was in who was going to play they shut and "locked" the doors.. and each group got so many points for how fast they got to baby butch with the idem he called.. for an example.. a man wearing womens shoes.. 5 sign and sale cards.. someone doing the worm (I was first to do that!!) and lastly a man and women had to completely switch clothes! it was great and freaking hilarious!

May21st2011338.jpg

May21st2011340.jpg

May21st2011334.jpg

The Sky Ride is on my bucket list. I am disappointed that it took most of the day. What time did you get in line and what time did you finish. I would hate for that to be the only thing to do while in port. I love to Christmas shop there, the clothes prices are great. More review, Please!:p

Archived