12.4.11 ~ Do YOU believe in MAGIC? **~TEAM MAGIC~** Official CC Group - Dec 4, 2011~

Is my Tapatalk showing this right? Has no one really posted all day???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Several of us have posted today......I was thinking about getting the taptalk app but not sure if it works right now....of course I have now idea what it looks like yet.

That's really weird...it seems to be fine on the other boards I follow, and it appears to be updating on CC. Maybe it's just it being a new addition that has it acting funky? Then again, I usually get email updates, and have been getting them for the new thread, but haven't gotten any today. So I'm going with a CC and not Tapatalk error.

That's really weird...it seems to be fine on the other boards I follow, and it appears to be updating on CC. Maybe it's just it being a new addition that has it acting funky? Then again, I usually get email updates, and have been getting them for the new thread, but haven't gotten any today. So I'm going with a CC and not Tapatalk error.

well axtually nobody posted from the time you posted earlier today until you came back and posted a few minutes ago......so maybe THAT'S what you are talking about? :confused:

Several of us have posted today......I was thinking about getting the taptalk app but not sure if it works right now....of course I have now idea what it looks like yet.

Randy, I don't recommend it. It's easier on the iPhone just to go to the webpage. I've had tapatalk for a couple weeks now and have yet to post with it.

That's why I don't like it. If you visit with tapatalk then you don't get a new email update. At least that's my experience.

Morning everyone!

Decided to make this a three day weekend and called in sick this morning. I have 100+ hours of sick time banked so figured I'd take advantage of it.

Going to get my nails and toes done then do nothing else for the rest of the day. Although might get the ingredients to make a big batch of spaghetti sauce for the freezer.

I just got tapatalk and it seems easier than logging in on safari. Of course I haven't learned all about it yet so it's still new.

ITS MY FRIDAY!!! think I'll get my toes done tonight too :)

Morning everyone!

Decided to make this a three day weekend and called in sick this morning. I have 100+ hours of sick time banked so figured I'd take advantage of it.

When I left teaching, I had 119 DAYS of sick leave accrued. I didn't get a penny for it. The way it worked was that you could use the saved-up sick leave and retire that many days early and then get paid for them until your normal retirement date (which was 30 years of service). I left after 16 years.

When I left teaching' date=' I had 119 DAYS of sick leave accrued. I didn't get a penny for it. The way it worked was that you could use the saved-up sick leave and retire that many days early and then get paid for them until your normal retirement date (which was 30 years of service). I left after 16 years.[/quote']

Our police chief went out on sick leave back in February after giving his retirement notice. Using all the sick time and still we are going to be writing him a check for $6000! I can carry over a bit but when I leave I leave it behind which is why I'm not feeling too bad about taking the day off.

Our police chief went out on sick leave back in February after giving his retirement notice. Using all the sick time and still we are going to be writing him a check for $6000! I can carry over a bit but when I leave I leave it behind which is why I'm not feeling too bad about taking the day off.

They just changed ours. If you retire at 25 years and you have a year of sick time then they say you retire with 26 years. Not as nice as a check but up until a year ago, you lost it all when you retired. :mad:

I just got tapatalk and it seems easier than logging in on safari. Of course I haven't learned all about it yet so it's still new.

/quote]

Okay, I know what a safari is. You go out and look for big wild animals.

Is tapatalk where you sit around and discuss Spanish appetizers? :confused:

Sara, I personally find Tapatalk to be a lot easier to use as well. Looks like no one did post between my posts, so nothing was wrong. I have CC set up to subscribe me to any post I reply to, so I still get the emails when I respond to something on Tapatalk.

Bonnie, if I had that much sick time, I'd dip into it also!

First day at new job went well. Not a whole lot to do on the first day, just need to find a project to go to so I can start billing to and working towards getting a bonus next year to pay of off the Magic bill.

I seem to have a daily reminder to call the Holiday Inn and make our reservation, here's to hoping I actually get it done tomorrow!

Mere I like the tapatalk when I'm not near a computer much easier than logging in every time. Glad the new job went well.

We get something called "wellpay" each year where if we don't use any sick time they pay us for up to 24 hrs of sick time. If we use any though they will cut it by 8hr increments. So I try not to use any so I can get that little bonus each Nov. But rumor is that this will be the last year for it. If that's true you will see me calling in more often. I'm not the type of person to call in, I've called in once in my 4 yrs at the pd, but if it's part of my benefits and I lose it when I quit/retire/get fired/whatever then it's not fair if I just let it sit there and never use it.

Mere you better get busy with that hotel reservation. They were filling up fast!

For those using Tapatalk - I have the iPhone 4 and have been using Safari for access, with no issues.

So I am trying to decide if its worth the app fee :confused: ....but I am intrigued and have a few questions... .

Is it easy to move around the whole site - or is it for the boards only??

Does it look like the regular forum?

Thanks! :D

Tapatalk is just for the message boards. I find it to be easier because it keeps me logged in and takes me right back to the most recent post.

Speaking of excursions...what's everyone doing in Grand Cayman? We are just wanting to go to a beach and relax. I don't want to spend a bunch of money to do that though. I just want to take a taxi to a beach and sit there. I'd like the option of a bar and restaurant though. Any suggestions??

Afternoon!!! Finally getting to check in. We were at the beach house all weekend, then met with my grandparents & DD went with them until the end of the week.

Meredith- Glad the new job went well.

AuntieBon- So exciting about all the new babies joining your family this year!

I was so lost and alone for a minute there :(

Me too.

Whew....I was trying to figure it all out too, LOL! Glad I wasn't the only one. Hahaa

Ok I just found a house I'm in love with in Galveston. Now I just need to win the lottery so I can buy it and move. Wish me Luck! ;)

Well, Here's to hoping you win the lottery for sure!

<snip>

Speaking of excursions...what's everyone doing in Grand Cayman? We are just wanting to go to a beach and relax. I don't want to spend a bunch of money to do that though. I just want to take a taxi to a beach and sit there. I'd like the option of a bar and restaurant though. Any suggestions??

DW and I are diving in both Coz and Cayman. We haven't decided what to do in Jamaica yet.

Archived