If you are doing PC, can you ever eat dinner in the dining room?

dcd34

You can enjoy the dining room every night with PC Dining. That's the beauty of it. On Grand Class ships, one room is for traditional dining and two are PC or Anytime dining. Just show up or make a reservation, share or enjoy a table for two. You can do what ever you please. It's great.

I know that if I eat in an alternative restaurant, I can still get the traditional dinner menu. But, does that also mean I can literally sit in the main dining room one night?

Also, I wonder if I am eating in the Vivaldi, and I have a hankering for some guacamole from Santa Fe, can I do this?

If you have traditional dining, you can go to the PC Dining room. If you have PC Dining, you cannot go to the traditional Dining Room. Is that what you mean? Both are formal dining rooms. though.

"If you have PC Dining, you cannot go to the traditional Dining Room."

Thank you.

Anyone know about getting Santa Fe's menu in the Sterling? Or one of the other PC's menu in another PC dining room?

The PC and traditional dining rooms are identical and serve the same food, same menu. In the traditional dining room you have a fixed time and table, either early or late seating... In the PC dining room you can go when you want.. In addition to these, there are extra cost alternative dining areas such as Sabatini's, Bayou, Sterling where anyone can go..

I think you might be confused between "Traditional" "Personal choice" and "Alternative dining". Traditional and Personal choice is the same menu in vertually identical dining rooms. Traditional means you dine at a set time, either early or late sitting, but at that early or late sitting every evening and at that same table. Personal choice dining room allows you to go "whenever" you want, between (I think) 5:30PM and 9PM, or if you want, have a standing reservation at a specific time at a table size you want, for every evening. Whether you choose PC or Trad, you still could, on which ever evening(s) you choose opt for one of the "Alternative" surcharge dining rooms.

I can't imagine why you would want to try the Traditional Dining room if you have anytime dining on the Diamond or Sapphire. Each of the 4 anytime dining rooms is beautiful and my experience was that the service was excellent. We certainly found that with these 4 dining rooms and the alternative dining options there was more than enough choice in where to eat.

I am sure that if you want guacamole and ask for it nicely ;) you could have it every night. I do remember reading that someone had it delivered to the traditional dining room every night.

The Diamond is different from the other Princess ships. You have five dining rooms. One is used for traditional two-seating dining. The other four dining rooms are specialty no-additional-fee dining rooms. If you are assigned PC dining you can not eat in the traditional dining room.

Steve Hayes

I would like to "try" the dining room once during the cruise. Is this ever possible if I do PC on the Diamond or Sapphire?

Shayesship said it perfectly. The Diamond and the Sapphire are the only two ships that have one dining room for traditional and the 4 dining rooms(Vivaldi,Santa Fe, Pacific Moon and Sterling) are for p/c. In the traditional dining room you are also given one of those above restaurants menu along with the traditional menu. It can be a little confusing because the Sapphire and Diamond are the only ships that are that way. The other grand class ships have two dining rooms one for traditional and one for p.c.

Marilyn

We were on the Diamond in January, tried asking for something from one of the other themed DRs and our waiter politely said no, he couldn't do that. Although we were anytime dining, we did get to eat in the traditional DR for breakfast and lunch -- these are open seating and anyone can go.

Archived