Is This a Deal..comments please!!

Thought I might start a new thread..We got offered a deal for a cruise the other day..just throwing it open for discussion..feel free to paste any other deals you have recieved that need picking through.

Thx Scurvy :)

AUSTRALIA--8 July, 2011-- Such and such.com is offering so and so subscribers a 20-night fly/cruise/stay package from Sydney to Hawaii in a deluxe Concierge Class Stateroom for just $2999 per person, twin share.

To book the cruise alone would cost up to $2800 per person, and this package is more than $1000 off similar fly/cruise/stay offers in the market.

Valid for departure from Sydney on 6 March, 2012, the package includes:

- 17-night cruise onboard the 5-star Celebrity Century in a Concierge Class Stateroom from Sydney to Hawaii via French Polynesia

- 3-night post-cruise stay in Waikiki at the Aqua Waikiki Wave Hotel

- One-way flight from Honolulu to Sydney on Jetstar including baggage

Concierge Class Staterooms feature floor-to-ceiling windows opening to a verandah, flat screen TVs, pillow menus and ensuites with Hansgrohe massaging showerhead and other luxury amenities. To welcome you onboard, the rooms come with fresh-cut flowers, fresh fruit and sparkling wine.

Concierge Class guests also enjoy perks like priority check-in, early embarkation and debarkation, evening hors d'oeuvres, nightly turndown service, complimentary shoe shine service and more.

Sale ends midnight (AEST) Tuesday, 12 July.

Sound great, just checked another quote for that cruise

Cruise only in that class

Concierge Class Twin AUD 2769pp

Includes Port charges and taxes.

Does not include Gratuities and tipping-from $225 pp

Sometimes those fly deals are great value. They discount the air and hotel to get the deal.They are usually given a limited number of cabins to hold for a deal like that and once sold , thats it !

Sound great, just checked another quote for that cruise

Cruise only in that class

Concierge Class Twin AUD 2769pp

Includes Port charges and taxes.

Does not include Gratuities and tipping-from $225 pp

Sometimes those fly deals are great value. They discount the air and hotel to get the deal.They are usually given a limited number of cabins to hold for a deal like that and once sold , thats it !

Yeah sounded pretty cheap to us..hmmm I have a distinct lack of holidays atm but :(..sounds like great ports of call too??

Yeah sounded pretty cheap to us..hmmm I have a distinct lack of holidays atm but :(..sounds like great ports of call too??

Lots of sea days;)

However you have brought up a very good topic.

On going back to the site I quoted for another look , I note that the C1 cabins are actually being quoted at a cheaper price than the Ocean Views ,that do not have a balcony:eek:

I have seen this happen before, and once their quota is met , those prices will revert back to full brochure price.

Its interesting to follow prices sometimes , as some cruises I have been interested in have had the price change by the hour , throughout the day I have been following it.

Lots of sea days;)

However you have brought up a very good topic.

On going back to the site I quoted for another look , I note that the C1 cabins are actually being quoted at a cheaper price than the Ocean Views ,that do not have a balcony:eek:

I have seen this happen before, and once their quota is met , those prices will revert back to full brochure price.

Its interesting to follow prices sometimes , as some cruises I have been interested in have had the price change by the hour , throughout the day I have been following it.

Wow :eek: thats crazy..I know I can be impulsive but this deal runs out tonight :( ..would love to go to Bora Bora but :)

That's a great price ($150/night incl air) but only 24 hrs to make a decision.:eek:

Thats how they getcha:D

It will probably be non refundable , so make sure you check that out.

Sometimes ,super deals, also require immediate payment.

However folks ...stand by....as I think we are going to see a lot more of these deals come through as the bigger ships come down, and compete with the existing fleet.

Saw a similiar deal for Celebrity Century for 8 November 2011 -

from $2899pp

includes -

• flight to Honolulu with Jetstar
  • 3 nights stay B&B at Best Western Coconut
  • free Pearl Harbour and City Tour
  • 18 night cruise onboard the five star (?) Celebrity Century from Honolulu in Hawaii, visiting French Polynesia islands such as Bora Bora, Papeete, Moorea and Sydney.

No booking deadline for this one.

Itineraries and advertised prices are subject to change/increase at any time up until the sailing dates. All offers are subject to availability and may be withdrawn or amended at any time.

This is a great deal. Pity I'm already committed before and after. :)

Thats how they getcha:D

It will probably be non refundable , so make sure you check that out.

Sometimes ,super deals, also require immediate payment.

However folks ...stand by....as I think we are going to see a lot more of these deals come through as the bigger ships come down, and compete with the existing fleet.

I'm wondering if the best deals will be this year for Century, as the Americans will come Down Under for the bigger better ships. Century doesn't have the same appeal for them, although I think it is a perfect size for cruising NZ.

I'm wondering if the best deals will be this year for Century, as the Americans will come Down Under for the bigger better ships. Century doesn't have the same appeal for them, although I think it is a perfect size for cruising NZ.

I am sure you are right. Celebrity will be making the most they can from the local market , by giving deals now, knowing that Century cant compete with with the mega ships that everyone will flock to.:rolleyes:

I am sure you are right. Celebrity will be making the most they can from the local market , by giving deals now, knowing that Century cant compete with with the mega ships that everyone will flock to.:rolleyes:

Yeah sounds like there plan...Nothing wrong with a smaller ship but :)

Is a good deal,we booked a few weeks ago when they had the over 55's special and have already booked our airfares back and accommodation in Honolulu ...... not to worry though as we are still extremely happy with what we have. :D

I was lucky enough to grab one of the 55+ deals. I passed on the Australian fly/cruise/stay deals as booking direct with US was around $1,000 less. Price of flight + one night accommodation was less than that. Also the deal offered in Australia wanted $1,900 deposit (non refundable). By booking in US I got $450 deposit, fully refundable up to 2 months (?) prior.

I think the reason for the low prices on this cruise is the fact that there are only 5 ports and the cruise is 18 nights. Cuts down on the number of people interested as six days straight at sea (twice) is not always attractive to some.

I was lucky enough to grab one of the 55+ deals. I passed on the Australian fly/cruise/stay deals as booking direct with US was around $1,000 less. Price of flight + one night accommodation was less than that. Also the deal offered in Australia wanted $1,900 deposit (non refundable). By booking in US I got $450 deposit, fully refundable up to 2 months (?) prior.

I think the reason for the low prices on this cruise is the fact that there are only 5 ports and the cruise is 18 nights. Cuts down on the number of people interested as six days straight at sea (twice) is not always attractive to some.

Wow ok...I'm not 55 + so guess I don't count lol..you maybe right about all those sea days (heaps of time to do the laundry though :))..sounds like you got a good deal..with less than 12 hour to decide I doubt we will be joining you..but intresting to do the exercise and thanks to all..:)..

Maybe we can keep this thread going? So others who need some help can get some unbiased help with decisions..Nice work..Thx Scurvy :)

Pacific Sun Weight: 47,262 tons

Seven Seas Voyager: 46,000 tonnes

Rhapsody of the Seas: 78,491 tons (Shallower draft?) I know they are always dredging Cairns harbour.

See this thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1408388

Thanks Sandielle and David.

Rhapsody is 915' in length

78,491 tons

Century is 815' in length

70,606 tons

Would be great if Century could berth in Cairns.

I could easily temp others to join me on a cruise north in the winter, especially if you could buy one way cruises, to and fro Cairns or to and fro Darwin. Those who just want to cruise, could cruise both legs. Whilst those who wish to extend their travels, with land content, could cruise one way.

Thanks Sandielle and David.

Rhapsody is 915' in length78,491 tons

Century is 815' in length70,606 tons

Would be great if Century could berth in Cairns.

I could easily temp others to join me on a cruise north in the winter, especially if you could buy one way cruises, to and fro Cairns or to and fro Darwin. Those who just want to cruise, could cruise both legs. Whilst those who wish to extend their travels, with land content, could cruise one way.

I would love to see Cairns become a Cruise Ship hub.

When Norwegian Star was here, we had a fab cruise, flew into Cairns, had a 2 day pre cruise stay, then had a fab cruise down the coast to Sydney.

Others flew in , got off in Brissy and had a fab post cruise stay at the Gold Coast.

Why cant they all get their act together and combine cruise and land stay holidays:confused:

I would love to see Cairns become a Cruise Ship hub.

When Norwegian Star was here, we had a fab cruise, flew into Cairns, had a 2 day pre cruise stay, then had a fab cruise down the coast to Sydney.

Others flew in , got off in Brissy and had a fab post cruise stay at the Gold Coast.

Why cant they all get their act together and combine cruise and land stay holidays:confused:

In time, they will as North Queensland, to many Australians, is like the Caribbean is to Americans and Canadians. Somewhere we are happy to do the long drive north every year, in the winter.

In addition, many overseas visitors want to visit the Great Barrier Reef, the rainforest, the beaches and the islands.

I just hope they don't spoil this paradise by having five ships in port at once, like in Alaska.

They were offering the cruise only Concierge Class at $2259 the other week. I didn't book with them as they wanted $1000 deposit pp. Didn't have that sort of $ to spare so I passed on it and booked a lwr grade direct with Celebrity

Archived