Boarding Question

jmeans23970

I know my funpass says boarding is from 12-2, but do people usually get there earlier? Does Carnival ever start boarding passengers before 12:00? I am sailing out fo NOLA if it helps. What I am basically asking, is what is the earliest time to get there to board, and what is the best time. What time has the least crowds?

We plan to be to Port Canaveral about 10. There could be delays getting the previous guests off or who knows what, but the reviews I have read indicated they start boarding about 10:30 there. Check some of the most recent reviews to see what they say.

Sure, will we end up waiting in the terminal, most likely. But I'd rather be in the terminal after the check-in than standing in line inch by inch. The other reason is that we are driving in from Orlando that day and want plenty of time to resolve any issues that may come up in route.

I thought about this the other day, with 7 days to enjoy the ship why get on at 11 rather than say 3, I mean it is only 4 hours... but why not start vacation as soon as possible!

We've been arriving at the port between 10:30 and 11:00 and have always been onboard by 11:30 (actually, it was earlier on our last cruise - we had to wait for nearly an hour for the Shore Excursions desk to open at Noon). Sometimes though, debarkation of the previous guests can be delayed by Customs or other issues but that's never happened to us.

We've been arriving at the port between 10:30 and 11:00 and have always been onboard by 11:30 (actually, it was earlier on our last cruise - we had to wait for nearly an hour for the Shore Excursions desk to open at Noon). Sometimes though, debarkation of the previous guests can be delayed by Customs or other issues but that's never happened to us.

We were delayed for early boarding when the Port Authority decided to make a thorough inspection of our ship. They allowed the disabled to use the elevators, then shut them down to continue the inspection. I was watching these poor passengers dragging their carry-ons up at least 4 decks to the Lido, & I was stuck up there too, unable to get down to my cabin.

We always plan on arriving around 10:45. Because we're VIP/Platinum, we head straight to the VIP office, pick up our S&S and other goodies, and are enjoying lunch on Lido by no later than 11:15 to 11:30. Get there too soon, however, and you'll just have to sit and wait. I seem to recall before we were Platinum that you'd have a numbered card handed to you upon check in and then you'd board when your number was called.

.....try and get there around 10:30 a.m. or so. I would rather be waiting at the port to board than waiting in a hotel room. You never know what might happen, traffic jam to port, computers go down, etc.

wasiii

Each time I have gone on a cruise. I have never slept the night before. So, after getting tired of tossing and turning I get up around 5 and usually we get to the port around 9. This way, you get the lower zone number. They let the Platinum members on first and then start general boarding. You will do a lot of wating around of you get there early.

They don't really want you there before 12. Otherwise you might get mixed up with the people coming off the ship.

Archived