Ship Tracker on Room TV

Jsaxm

Ok, this is probably a really silly question that not many people probably even care about, but I would like to know. I think I have seen some pictures of this from the photos people have taken, but is there a channel on the TV you can turn to where you can see your ship's current location?

They have this kind of thing on some airplanes, especially the European routes, but I thought I saw something similar for the ship in a couple of pictures people have posted. I will be on the Carnival Spirit if this helps.

Thanks, and sorry for the really odd question, haha!

Yes, there is a channel on the TV where you can see the ship's current position. We keep it on at night as the music in the background is very soothing, and helps us fall asleep.

Nice, there's music playing on it too? Haha, that's pretty cool!

Thanks! :)

I am kind of a "map geek" (wierd I know) and got a kick out of seeing where we were and tracking it. My DS also looked at it quite a bit. Not much detail in it but cool none the less.

I can totally relate, LOL! When we have flown to Europe on vacation, I am pretty much glued to that channel. Most wouldn't find it very entertaining, but I LOVE it!

Thanks!

Yes. Carnival has quite a few in-house channels that you can view from your stateroom television. Usually one showing the current location of the ship, direction, and ship speed, one showing time, air/water temperature, etc., a couple that show a live video feed of an area on the ship, like the lido deck or a view off the aft, and one that shows the morning show and replays of certain events that have taken place on your cruise.

Yes, they have a channel to watch the ships location. There are also a few spots throughout the ship that have larger screens with the map.

Fantastic, thank you!

Yes. Carnival has quite a few in-house channels that you can view from your stateroom television. Usually one showing the current location of the ship, direction, and ship speed, one showing time, air/water temperature, etc., a couple that show a live video feed of an area on the ship, like the lido deck or a view off the aft, and one that shows the morning show and replays of certain events that have taken place on your cruise.

Oh wow, that's pretty cool. I can't wait to check them out. Thanks for the info!

I have not seen this on Fantasy Class, but this was Dream trying to offload the pilot in Bermuda. I thought we were going to end up in France before he got off. Waters were very rough, and windy. EM

BG-34.jpg

• 1 year later...

I love the cruise tracking channel. Actually I was doing some genealogy research and found out that one of my relatives(Sir Moses Montefiore) was friends of Sir Francis Beaufort in the 1840s who invented the Beaufort Scale.

some more pictures.This is from the Carnival Glory:

P1030262.JPG

P1030386.JPG

P1030824.JPG

P1040267.JPG

P1050102.JPG

P1050089.JPG

I am kind of a "map geek" (wierd I know) and got a kick out of seeing where we were and tracking it. My DS also looked at it quite a bit. Not much detail in it but cool none the less.

Not wired to me, my wife maybe, I love maps and the such. I always looked for this channel on the Conquest but I guess they didn't have one. Hope Magic has it.

• 4 years later...

Yes, Kortam, the Magic does have it. Channel 15 if I remember correctly. We were on the Magic for 2 weeks in January. The 1st week I was so disappointed that it wasn't working. About 2 days into the 2nd week it was back up & running. I was happy happy! It's nice knowing where you are!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, Kortam, the Magic does have it. Channel 15 if I remember correctly. We were on the Magic for 2 weeks in January. The 1st week I was so disappointed that it wasn't working. About 2 days into the 2nd week it was back up & running. I was happy happy! It's nice knowing where you are!

You must have been on there with us. :) 1/7 and 1/14.

No maps first week and finally saw them second week.