What's this thing (in the cabin)?

Aoumd

Yep, just call me "Hurricane Magnet" - and that's just the cruises... we've had land vacations interrupted, too. Friends ask where I'm going... and go somewhere else!! BUT, we've had FUN! A cruise is a good place to be if there's a storm because they will take you somewhere else. It's hard to move a condo out of the way!!

We just go with the attitude that we're going to have fun, no matter where we wind up. So far, it's working for us.

I agree with you, just go with the flow! That's why I'm going to bring the best quality tin foil rabbit ears for my cruise on 8/1!:D

The ships aren't registered here. The laws could be different?

Also, I would just have to see if there was some kind of button on there to push.....just to see what would happen. There's never been a button in our rooms that hasn't been pushed.... just to see....

I don't care what anyone says, I'm going to stand nekked in front of that thing with my colander and tin foil (only the best foil of course) rabbit ears so I can get on YouTube! :D

Naked = no clothes on

Nekkid = no clothes on and up to something

Come on folks get real Have none of you watched Star Trek all you have to do is push the green button and say to Scotty beam me to the dining room. or where ever you want. It also dispenses alcohol drinks NO not free silly

Mary

OMG you nailed it! Best answer to me yet! im laughing my rear off I really needed that thanx!:D:D:D:D

I watched Undercover Boss last night and the President (I think) of Royal Carribbean went undercover. After he opened the door to his cabin, while working undercover, he stuck his magnetic key thingy there. I was wondering what that was too.

I watched that one awhile ago. When he showed his him, our comment was, "Yeah, like that is a standard crew room, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee."

nancy

what is this its where all those towel monkeys come from

Mary

You are right. Both the transmissions and the towel monkeys come from that spot.

You do know the monkeys are just The Man's minions, right?

I watched that one awhile ago. When he showed his him, our comment was, "Yeah, like that is a standard crew room, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee."

nancy

Lol that's what we thought till it hit us that this is a US flagged ship and the laws are a lot different when it comes to us labor laws then what other ships follow.

The ship he was on only goes to US ports in the state of Hawaii.

I have to tell you all that this thread has been the highlight of my day! I cruise with my really wierd family, but you all even make them seem sort of normal. Well, maybe I shouldn't go that far.

Wanted to let you know that I have been routing around my kitchen cabinets to get a count on how many collanders I do have (just in case).

I have no idea what the thing is, and I don't even know how I came across this thread. All I know is that is proves that cruisers are a weird bunch of people. I guess that's why I love to cruise so much. I don't have a cruise booked at the time (just a Next Cruise certificate on Royal Caribbean), and I'm in cruise withdrawal. Maybe the thing is used to implant subliminal messages into our brains, making us NEED to cruise again, thus keeping the cruise lines in business!

I think you are onto something waterfever! I knew there was a reason. We're sailing in October and that would have been our 9th Carnival cruise. Got a wild hair that if I took a 4 day out of Long Beach, it would then make Oct our 10th & we would be Platinum. So I really needed to rationalize spending the extra money. I decided that getting a batch of laundry done free would be a pretty darn good excuse. NOW I know it was that DooDa making me do it. Phew...mystery solved!

Glad to know it's not just me... I mean the "crazy" attitude. I have no cruise booked yet I find myself getting "ready" - guess I gotta do the obvious and book another one.. OH DANG! I now know that the "beams" from the switch are the reason! Thanks for figuring it out... and I also got a clean bill of health the last cruise! Thanks Doc!

Naked = no clothes on

Nekkid = no clothes on and up to something

I'm gonna be naked one night and then nekked the next night. Maybe I'll get different signals from "them".:D I just bought a really cool chain belt that I'm going to wear with my colander and tin foil rabbit ears! :D

I always thought it was a motion sensor so the room steward knows when you leave so they can clean your room!

I thought that everyone knew that the cabin steward stayed under your bed, that's how he knows when you leave.;):D

I never realized how fortunate I was to actually work in a factory producing aluminum. It's been years now and not once have any of the people from our plant been traced by " up above ".

This is what they want you to believe.

I'm gonna be naked one night and then nekked the next night. Maybe I'll get different signals from "them".:D I just bought a really cool chain belt that I'm going to wear with my colander and tin foil rabbit ears! :D

Tin foil, colanders, rabbit ears - pshaw.

Amalgam fillings. With enough silver mercury in your head, it ricochets the tracking signal and at least triples the work the aliens have in monitoring your movements or thought patterns.

Or do they just enable getting radio signal when stranded on an uncharted desert isle?

Edited by CanWeGoYet?