Princess Pricing Mistake

vandalayceo

Got one of those special offer emails from Princess yesterday.One fare that caught my attention was Aug. 20, Grand out of Southampton to Med 14 days, balconies $1299!! Great deal.

4 hours later correction email correcteing price to $1999-still good but not a steal.

Just curious, anyone take it, and is Princess honoring if you did?

Probably not, as the fine print in the email always says that the price is capacity controlled and thus is not guaranteed until booked. I imagine a lot of folks called trying to get that price only to find it nowhere in the booking computers....thus the correction email shortly after.

Got one of those special offer emails from Princess yesterday.One fare that caught my attention was Aug. 20, Grand out of Southampton to Med 14 days, balconies $1299!! Great deal.

4 hours later correction email correcteing price to $1999-still good but not a steal.

Just curious, anyone take it, and is Princess honoring if you did?

I got the email and pretended to book because I thought it was way to low. To my surprise I could have booked gty for that price.

I think it was RCCL that recently posted a fare of something like $114,000. Opps. As the saying goes, GIGO (garbage in, garbage out.) Someone types in those numbers and mistakes can happen. They can be given the wrong numbers or typos. :)

If they advertise a price, even incorrectly, they must honor it. It is called "bait and switch" if they don't honor it and that is against the law. I was the beneficiary of incorrect pricing on a cruise I booked earlier this year. The incorrect pricing saved us about $1200 for the cabin. It was only on the website for about two days before they realized their error, but everyone who booked during that time got the price.

If they advertise a price, even incorrectly, they must honor it. It is called "bait and switch" if they don't honor it and that is against the law. I was the beneficiary of incorrect pricing on a cruise I booked earlier this year. The incorrect pricing saved us about $1200 for the cabin. It was only on the website for about two days before they realized their error, but everyone who booked during that time got the price.

Me too although ours wasn't an advertised price, ours was Princess pricing a group fare way too low. Price difference of $5,000 for the two of us, they honored it.

Me too although ours wasn't an advertised price, ours was Princess pricing a group fare way too low. Price difference of $5,000 for the two of us, they honored it.

Wow, why doesn't this ever happen to me.:mad:

Wow, why doesn't this ever happen to me.:mad:

And you know the crazy thing? We're about 90% sure we're going to cancel as we want to do a land trip instead. I will be writing Princess a letter thanking them and letting them know how impressed we were that they honoured the price.

Archived