Princess Ultimate Balcony Dining Experience

DrSch

Very nice... we're considering doing this instead of the Chef's Table on our upcoming voyage.

I did the Chef's Table on the Emerald the cruise before this one. Chef's table is a great experience too, but this one was superior to me, as it is far more relaxed, and a bit more intimate.

We were just as stuffed from this meal as we were from the Chef's table, but not as bloated, and we didn't feel like we wasted as much food.

Plus it runs 25 less per person.

Great pictures and slide show :-) We have done the UBD three times and have always enjoyed it - although I have to admit the one on one attention at first is a little awkward for me. But once you get to the main course I get over it :-)

We have done the Chef's Table and UBD. While I recommend the Chef's Table for the overall experience, we will do the UBD on upcoming cruises rather than try for the Chef's table. The food is as good and plentiful (you really can't eat all of either meal) and we liked the intimate experience. We were able to exchange the cocktail for a glass on nice red wine and the Piper Heidsieck Monopole Blue Top is good quality Champagne. I recommend a late port day if at all possible. Our first was this year while anchored overnight in Cabo.

We have done the Chef's Table and UBD. While I recommend the Chef's Table for the overall experience, we will do the UBD on upcoming cruises rather than try for the Chef's table. The food is as good and plentiful (you really can't eat all of either meal) and we liked the intimate experience. We were able to exchange the cocktail for a glass on nice red wine and the Piper Heidsieck Monopole Blue Top is good quality Champagne. I recommend a late port day if at all possible. Our first was this year while anchored overnight in Cabo.

After having to move inside for our first two UBDs, I planned our last one for our one late port day - in Juneau. I was concerned about the weather, but that was our best shot! Turns out it was almost too hot out on the balcony in my short sleeve shirt at 7PM :-) Love it.

We've done the balcony breakfast, but not the dinner. It looks like the dinner is much nicer. How much does it cost and can you book it in advance or do you wait until after you're on board? Thinking of trying it next year on our Alaska cruise.

Looks like they bring in a bigger table.... That makes sense....

For our UBD during our evening in Honolulu it was a standard sized card table.

We've done the balcony breakfast, but not the dinner. It looks like the dinner is much nicer. How much does it cost and can you book it in advance or do you wait until after you're on board? Thinking of trying it next year on our Alaska cruise.

We've done the Champagne breakfast & UBD which is much nicer. It's $100/couple & for only $50 more than the Crown Grill receive nearly $100 more in extras...1/2 bottle of champagne, a cocktail each, photo & roses...plus a 4 course meal. The standard menu is surf and/or turf but have read posts where there is some flexibility to modify it. Unlike the breakfast where they bring all courses at once, they bring a course & then disappear until you're ready for the next one. After bringing desert they leave & you call when ready to have it removed. Although we couldn't finish desert so we put it in our cabin's mini-fridge.

You call room service to reserve the UBD which is only offered twice per evening (6:00 & 8:00). They rarely reserve all times but would suggest having it in port to minimize weather issues at sea to not need to have it inside your cabin. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience...food, service & location...and will do it again whenever we have a balcony. :D

We have done both the UBD and Chef's Table. Both are awesome experiences.

Last cruise, it was very windy and we had to move inside.

We do have an aft balcony next time so I think we will give it a go again. Thanks for sharing your photos.

Archived