Organized Stateroom

CrzN4Info

I’ve read several post about things to bring on a cruise so I’m set for that but since the rooms are small what kind of things can I do / bring to keep everything in some kind of order?

I found the following.

· Mesh bag shower organizer – fits in small shower and holds shampoos and soaps. Folds flat. Can be found at Dollar General.

· Shoe rack for over the bathroom door

· Pop up laundry bag

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

I’ve read several post about things to bring on a cruise so I’m set for that but since the rooms are small what kind of things can I do / bring to keep everything in some kind of order?

I found the following.

· Mesh bag shower organizer – fits in small shower and holds shampoos and soaps. Folds flat. Can be found at Dollar General.

· Pop up laundry bag

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

How many are in your room? While I think the over-the-door organizer is a good idea, if there are only 2 of you, I don't think you need it.

DH & I have taken a 24 day cruise on the Magic and had plenty of room for everything.

As to the shampoo holder, there are lots of shelves in the bathrooms, especially if you have the split bathroom.

The pop up laundry bag we did take, very useful.

:)

I agree, you don't need special holders to be organized. Instead, just bring less stuff along to begin with.

The shower will have a little shelf for soap and shampoo.

The vanity area will also have little shelves and some have drawers as well.

We just toss dirty laundry into a suitcase.

I love my over the door shoe holders for stuff like hair brush, deodorant, toothpaste, tooth brush, hair products, razors, etc. Gets it out of the way (I really get irritated when stuff falls over.

I also like to bring a duffle bag for laundry. Not only does it keep the stinky away from the clean, but it's easy to haul down to the laundry room to do wash. (I fully advocate talking 1/2 the clothes you think you need an just do laundry for an hour or so. Take an adult beverage down there with you and it will be an adventure. You meet nice people in the laundry room!

I brought an extension cord and was happy I did so. Also a light up alarm clock so you can tell what time it is when it's dark in the cabin.

I like highlighters in a few different colors so everyone can highlight what they want to do on the Navigator.

I found the following.

· Pop up laundry bag

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

I've seen where you posted this in many places.... I'm curious did you get similar answers everywhere?

In some cases I got the same answer but I've read several wonderful ideas. My husband and I have cruised before but we can always learn from others. I'm tired of misc things all over the room. I want our next cruise to be more organized.

With 2 adults and one 8 year old that brings dolls, toys, coloring books, and us having cameras, cords, etc I figured there must be a better way to keep organized.

In some cases I got the same answer but I've read several wonderful ideas. My husband and I have cruised before but we can always learn from others. I'm tired of misc things all over the room. I want our next cruise to be more organized.

With 2 adults and one 8 year old that brings dolls, toys, coloring books, and us having cameras, cords, etc I figured there must be a better way to keep organized.

The kid stuff is easy. Limit it to what can fit in a backpack, and require that it be picked up into the backpack and stored in the closet when not in use.

You're talking what, two camera cords? I mean really, how much clutter do they cause? Use a wire tie around them with enough cord left out on either end to attach to the outlet and camera. Better yet, bring one cord for both cameras and take turns charging. Unless you are taking over 500 photos a day per camera, you cna easily alternate days. Assign a drawer for all the misc. stuff and put it in there. Done. No stuff all over.

Unless you are taking over 500 photos a day per camera, you cna easily alternate days. Assign a drawer for all the misc. stuff and put it in there. Done. No stuff all over.

I take two cameras - my Rebel and my Elph so I charge one in the morning while I am at breakfast and one in the night while I am at dinner. I do 800-1000 pictures on each so I have extra cards and then down load them on sea days or days when i am not going to any show or "fun" night.

So the idea of putting it into one drawer is great cuz that is what I did for my 15n panama cruise. I used the bottom for all my electrical items and the top for my regular stuff like my tylenol, lotion. I found this worked better for me than an over the door holder.

What I did learn that I am making sure I do is to use magnetic hooks for my lanyard and hat and/or night shirt inside the bathroom door. This was so great cuz I had one for me and one for my sister and plan to bring a whole bunch again for this trip.

PS I like when different people ask almost the same question and put it in different places cuz I always get new ideas and I don't always look in the same places for my answers!:D

A little off topic but in response to the previous post...

I'm only bringing my D300 to Europe next year with a 28-200 zoom, and my P&S. I'll have the chargers for both, but it's been my experience that the P&S goes about 500 photos without needing a charge, and the D300 goes for over 1400 with the battery grip (which I'll probably leave home to conserve weight/space), probably 700 without.

My plan is to charge the DSLR battery overnight, and the P&S battery when I wake up in the morning before breakfast--I doubt I'll take more than a couple dozen photos a day on that, so charging it will take five minutes.

I'm not bringing a laptop, my plan is to start each day with a fresh memory card in the camera, and a spare in my pocket, and leave the rest in the room safe. That way if I lose one, I've only lost one day of photos.

A little off topic but in response to the previous post...

I'm only bringing my D300 to Europe next year with a 28-200 zoom, and my P&S. I'll have the chargers for both, but it's been my experience that the P&S goes about 500 photos without needing a charge, and the D300 goes for over 1400 with the battery grip (which I'll probably leave home to conserve weight/space), probably 700 without.

My plan is to charge the DSLR battery overnight, and the P&S battery when I wake up in the morning before breakfast--I doubt I'll take more than a couple dozen photos a day on that, so charging it will take five minutes.

I'm not bringing a laptop, my plan is to start each day with a fresh memory card in the camera, and a spare in my pocket, and leave the rest in the room safe. That way if I lose one, I've only lost one day of photos.

Thanks for the tips - you are the second person to mention not taking your laptop and just taking the extra cards so I think I am gonna rethink this. It is really a netbook and doesn't take up much space but with all the stuff I had laid out, I may need to cut down on some items.

PS do you have a waterproof camera case for your camera? Someone on another post suggested I get one for the Rebel but I forgot to ask where they got theirs. Just wondering if you use a case versus a backpack. I was gonna do the pack but then they reminded me that we will be getting the CClub bag and to consider using that, so I am back to the camera case. thx:D

Archived