Renewal of Vows

DaveOKC

I want to do this on our Oct. cruise (13 day NE/Canada), but I cannot find it offered on the HAL site. What am I doing wrong?

DaveOKC

We loved our RoV. Try the bottom of this page ... :):)

http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-vacation-onboard/Activities.action?tabName=Weddings+On+Board

Well worth the money!

Cheers!

Thanks to everyone for their help. I called Ships Services and booked it - $114 cost. Had to put it on my credit card though. I thought they would put it on my on-board so I could get credit towards the $300 per day point system (they said it does not apply).

Thanks again.

DaveOKC

Thanks to everyone for their help. I called Ships Services and booked it - $114 cost. Had to put it on my credit card though. I thought they would put it on my on-board so I could get credit towards the $300 per day point system (they said it does not apply).

Thanks again.

DaveOKC

I believe whoever you spoke to is incorrect, almost all pre-purchases should count towards the bonus.

It would be nice to know for certain if it applies or not. I sure thought it would. Anyone out there know?

I can't think of one reason why it wouldn't apply. It's not on the list of exempt items. Everything else purchased in advance counts.

Those who take calls to Seattle are notoriously wrong. If it counts when purchased on board, it counts when purchased in advance.

Yup, I think maxout has it.

Ruth, does it matter that I had to put it on my credit card and pay for it now? Maybe that is why HAL said no.

Everything you purchase in advance of the cruise---shore excursions, Pinnacle reservations, etc.---is paid for in advance by placing a charge on your credit card. The Renewal of Vows is no different than those, is it? No, it isn't.

Maybe, just maybe, Seattle said "no" because they are wrong. There is ample precedent.

DaveOKC

Glad you decided to book the renewal - MAJOR HUSBAND POINTS!!!!!

Let us know if you need any help with the surprise!

Thanks for the offer - Its not a big deal if she finds out (she gets the C.C. bills so this may happen), but I think it would be nice to surprise her. See you on the cruise.

DaveOKC

• 2 weeks later...

ROV was awesome! It's basically a private party with the captain and party planner with champagne, flowers cake, appetizers in room and chocolate dipped strawberries. They say some simple vow affirmations and we also wrote our own. They give a nice certificate and dinner for two at Pinnacle. Greatest bargain on the ship and wonderful memory and pictures.

ROV was awesome! It's basically a private party with the captain and party planner with champagne, flowers cake, appetizers in room and chocolate dipped strawberries. They say some simple vow affirmations and we also wrote our own. They give a nice certificate and dinner for two at Pinnacle. Greatest bargain on the ship and wonderful memory and pictures.

Can I ask a couple of questions?

the webpage mentions a '10.7 Activity Sheet' is this the certificate?

Are the photographs an extra or are any included? (I notice that if you do the ROV on Half Moon Cay then (a) photograph is included).

Did you have friends with you or were you just on your own as a couple?

Thanks!

Can I ask a couple of questions?

the webpage mentions a '10.7 Activity Sheet' is this the certificate?

Are the photographs an extra or are any included? (I notice that if you do the ROV on Half Moon Cay then (a) photograph is included).

Did you have friends with you or were you just on your own as a couple?

Thanks!

The ROV ceremony is a gathering of all the ROV couples (and/or guests) for that week. We were fortunate to be the ONLY ROV couple on our cruise so we had not only the Captain and the party planner all to ourselves, but the cake as well. We sent pieces to several new friends we'd met onboard as well as our cabin stewards.

With the ROV came an album that holds several certificates including the vows and has pages for photos. Also included was ONE of the many photos taken by the ship's photographer. (Of course, you can buy more.) I think this is the "activity sheet" referred to. We brought our own camera and the planner even took a couple photos for us.

All-in-all the ROV made for one of the best evenings (and memories) from our first cruise!:):)

Cheers!

Archived