Qsine

ssCRUISERS

I have experienced the specialty resturaunts on each of our cruises but I'm a little hesitant to try Qsine. Ok I'm a bit of a germ freak and handeling an Ipad to order just seems gross. Please tell me about your experience with this. :o

I have experienced the specialty resturaunts on each of our cruises but I'm a little hesitant to try Qsine. Ok I'm a bit of a germ freak and handeling an Ipad to order just seems gross. Please tell me about your experience with this. :o

How to you handle looking at a regular menu? It is the same. You can always wipe off the screen if you feel you need to. I'm sure they are cleaned off if they are dirty.

We loved Qsine. It is a very unique experience and well worth the money in my opinion. The waiter hands everyone an IPad and instructs each to select their favorites. One person at our table created a favorites list of 7 or 8 for everyone to try and the waiter brought out some of the favorite selections as well. This is really best with a group because there is so much food on the menu and you can't try or eat very much if there are only two of you. It's still fun and good, but you won't be able to try as much. It's all served tapas or family style so everyone shares, with a few exceptions, such as the filet mignon, which you can share between yourself and your partner. Everything is brought out in stages, not all at once. We would let the waiter know when we were ready for more. After we finished with our first selections, we made more. I think we got to sample every one of the desserts on the menu (We had a group of 10).

Enjoy

Hi SS ~ we dined in Qsine last December with a group of Cruise Critic members. We had two large tables and had a blast. If germs with the iPad are concerned, let your waiter tell you what's on the menu and make recommendations. What we actually ended up doing was just let our waiter decide what to bring us and then if there was something he didn't bring that we wanted, he brought that, too.

The whole idea of this place is to try a little of a lot of items. Everything we had was great! It's the kind of evening you should try to do with others because they bring so much food.

Don't let the iPad thing scare you off! It's completely different, but a lot of fun!

ENJOY!

lol. because menu's don't have germs. Qsine is great and unique. I did it last year and am doing it in 2 weeks

And of course there are no germs on a ship, either. You do not have to touch the iPad--there is only one per table--but I must say that seems a really strange reason to not want to eat there. What do you do when you eat at any other restaurant? Ask the server to explain all the dishesd to you verbally?

I am sure you realize that exposure to some germs is actually healthy and helps the body build its defenses, right?

And of course there are no germs on a ship, either. You do not have to touch the iPad--there is only one per table--but I must say that seems a really strange reason to not want to eat there. What do you do when you eat at any other restaurant? Ask the server to explain all the dishesd to you verbally?

I am sure you realize that exposure to some germs is actually healthy and helps the body build its defenses, right?

You're going to come into contact with germs everywhere --- better to have been exposed to some to build up resistence.

Having said that I had Gastroenteritis (sp?) 2 years ago and was really ill for months and lost 20 lbs. I still wonder where I got it from but it has just made me that extra bit careful and can appreciate if the original poster is careful. I just carry one of those small bottles of antiseptic hand gel and that is a great way to 'put your mind at rest' if you are worried....

We are booked in to Qsine for the first night of our cruise so it had better be good :D

Thanks for the replies. Having come into contact with the Norwalk virus a few years back makes me think a bit more about these things. That is the most violently sick I’ve been in 52 years. luckily I was close to home. Having to deal with something like that on a ship would not be fun.

Sounds like a great dinner venue for a large CC group, I will just go with the flow and keep my hands off the Ipad ;)

Thanks for the replies. Having come into contact with the Norwalk virus a few years back makes me think a bit more about these things. That is the most violently sick I’ve been in 52 years. luckily I was close to home. Having to deal with something like that on a ship would not be fun.

Sounds like a great dinner venue for a large CC group, I will just go with the flow and keep my hands off the Ipad ;)

Or use the antibacterial hand gel !!! ;)

Hi, sorry you got so ill. Just curious though, do you hold the menus

in the other dining venues? I am sure those have many sets of hands

on them every day.

I'd recommend Qusine. It was a very unique and enjoyable experiance. My wife and I went and had a table for 2 and enjoyed it quite a bit. No issues having just the two if us.

There will be plenty of time after you order to go wash up if you're worried about germs from the iPad menu.

We were a party of 4 last January in QSIne. We laughed and smiled more through this dinner than we have ever done before. The food quality was good and the presentations were surprising, amusing and just fun. We would love to go back again but aren't sailing on the Eclipse this time.

Do you know how dirty every menu is?

Do you know how dirty every menu is?

I can only imagine. I have been on a few code red norwalk cruises and each menu in wiped down each day.

I never never been unfortunate to get sick on a ship, but a lot of hand washing and Martini's don't hurt IMO.

We tried Qsine despite my initial concerns of not eating anything "proper" and food coming in bits (bad feedback from some people). But our MDR waiter said we just had to try it, and so on the last night we did. 2 of us had 7 dishes!!! Obviously we couldn't finish everything but it was an amazing experience, fun, yummy, and quite different from anything we've ever seen before.

Handle the menu, then use your gel afterwards! Enjoy.

Archived