laundrette location

sho

Thanks for the reply. Could you tell me the rough size of the bag? Is it about the size of a standard hotel laundry/dry clean bag (the kind they clip to the hanger along with order form in a hotel closet)?

Yes, about that size and if you roll your dirty clothes you can fit more in there. Everything comes back folded.

Wait, you can't put shorts, skirts, capris... in the laundry bag???

WOW $25 to have them wash undies and socks! LOLLOL

I've put capris, shorts, tee shirts in the bag and it all came back washed & folded.

About mid-week they have a small item laundry special. All you can fit into a bag for $25.

Not everything qualifies. Make sure you read what is allowed in the bag deal or you will be charged full price for those items which do not belong and miss out on a full bag of laundry.

If you roll your things tightly and carefully place them in the bag you will be amazed at what you can get in the bag. They don't do jeans but I've put shorts, capris and golf shirts in the bag. Once I sent a pair of jeans and everything thing came back a little blue. Wonder if that is why they stopped doing jeans?

So why do you keep sailing on RC? Or for that matter come over on these boards? Every post you add here is just a slam to the line.

We mainly do the ships because we have little kids and it works out really well for everyone.

After they get older we probably won't do it very much.

I don't always slam the cruise line but I can be very critical because they charge a ton of money.

We mainly do the ships because we have little kids and it works out really well for everyone.

After they get older we probably won't do it very much.

I don't always slam the cruise line but I can be very critical because they charge a ton of money.

They only charge what people are willing to pay and if those charges are too high, it may be time to find another line which is just as kid-friendly and charges less. :)

About mid-week they have a small item laundry special.

I wonder if this would be mid-cruise instead on a 15 nighter. OR if they might do two laundry bag specials.

I really like the suggestion about not dry-cleaning before leaving. There is usually a couple nights before first formal night so plenty of time. One less headache before leaving.

We do a lot of sink washing. We just can't pack enough to last three weeks (with pre/post nights) let alone lug more than one suitcase and one carryon for each of us - aside from the extra fees for added luggage. We bring spring type woodworking clamps (clothespins on steroids) and dry items on the balcony chairs. We avoid cotton in favor of synthetics because they dry faster. On next cruise by the time we need to wash for the 2nd week we will still be at sea so nobody but the fishies will see the stuff hanging out there. One reason we selected the sunny (we hope) starboard side on the eastbound TA.

Does anyone have any experience with sending out baby clothes? We will be traveling with our 11 mo old and if we suddenly run out of clothes we may need to use this service. Any idea if they will charge the same for a pair of baby pants as they do adult pants?

If I recall correctly, it's a little bit smaller than that, but last go round, it was also a plastic bag, so we really "stretched" it. We fit four days' worth of socks, undies, tee shirts, and nightclothes for two inside the bag.

I must remember to take a picture of the bag on my next cruise and post it here, since it generates lots of interest!

teddie

Yes, about that size and if you roll your dirty clothes you can fit more in there. Everything comes back folded.

Thank you for that info!

I wonder if this would be mid-cruise instead on a 15 nighter. OR if they might do two laundry bag specials. . .

On our 2 week [13 night] TA they had two bag specials -- don't recall the exact intervals, but on a 15 night cruise I am sure you will get 2 maybe 3.

Does anyone have any experience with sending out baby clothes? We will be traveling with our 11 mo old and if we suddenly run out of clothes we may need to use this service. Any idea if they will charge the same for a pair of baby pants as they do adult pants?

Just a suggestion: We cruised several times when my older son was between 1 and 3 years old. The baby clothes are so small that you should be able to handwash them in the sink easily. I've used baby shampoo to laundry baby clothes and they turned out fine. I can't recall if the showers have a clothing line to hang dry or if we brought a clothing line; but that helps alot for washing small things. Now that my kids are bigger, I can't imagine handwashing their pants or jeans in that tiny sink. I'm still going back and forth about packing for all 7 days for the 4 of us or washing onboard.

Archived