Help! Travel Skirts?

Twibbs

I found a travel skirt that looked perfect for me, ordered it, and it was too large. It's not available in all the colors I wanted in a smaller size, so...

I need suggestions on travel skirts. I'm looking for something knee-length, fairly straight (I don't want something that can do the Marilyn Monroe look), dries relatively quickly, and has pockets.

Do you have any that you love?

I like my skirts from Merrell, Mountain Hardware and McKinley. Easy to pack, I think they all have pockets and are all about knee length. Any store that carries those brands should be able to help you out - and end of season sales have started....

McKinley: http://www.mckinley.eu/products/dahlia-wms_804

Mountain Hardwear: http://www.mountainhardwear.ca/Women%27s-La-Rambla%E2%84%A2-Skirt/OL2970,default,pd.html

Also, athleta dot com and sahalie dot com are having sales now, including some of their skirts. I've got several skirts from both that I use for travel and everyday wear. Both have excellent quality items.

Hi girls,:) you can post the link to the websites on here.

www.athleta.com

www.sahalie.com

www.campmor.com

It just makes it easier for everyone to point and click:D

I always thought we were not supposed to do that - it counts as advertising. I've been doing it the "dot com" way for years now. Good to know that it changed!

Do you sew or have someone who can/will do it for you. These are quite simple to make. I have a pattern that is for shirt or capris. Have made the capris is several colors of linen, and plan to make several skires for our fall tour/cruise in Italy.

I always thought we were not supposed to do that - it counts as advertising. I've been doing it the "dot com" way for years now. Good to know that it changed!

Hi, I have been on here for 8 years. The only websites that are forbidden

are Travel Agents and Travel Agent websites. Clothing and stuff has

always been allowed:)

Do you sew or have someone who can/will do it for you. These are quite simple to make. I have a pattern that is for shirt or capris. Have made the capris is several colors of linen, and plan to make several skires for our fall tour/cruise in Italy.

I can sew...and need to get my machines set up again soon so I can start making garb (SCA - medieval recreation) for my fiance and kids! I don't know if I'll actually get around to sewing anything for me in the next few months. :p

Since women can get away with wearing anything... I have a Kilt I wear during hot weather.. "Elkcommando" from "moosejaw" www.moosejaw.com. Its a hiking kilt designed for GUYS.. Its made from lightweight nylon waterproof material. It has 2 cargo pockets. Avalible in Med and large. A med is a 31-33 (male waist size). i have a 30 waist but I just tighten the belt. You have to put "kilt" in the search bar on the moosejaw site to have it come up. It cost about 50.00 deivered.

I bought a cute black Tencel skirt at Chicos (I think it is from their Zynergy collection). It is Straight with a wide knit waist and just at the top of the knee in length. Very comforatble but still looks stylish. I took it to Prague earlier this summer and it was great. Very versatile. Wrinkle free and dries in minutes.

I have a maccabi skirt. http://www.macabiskirt.com/ It converts to pants, is very fast-drying, has huge pockets, and is available in a number of colors, three lengths, & a wide range of sizes. It folds up into its own zipper pocket. It was designed for adventure travel. Men can wear them, too.

If you want to sew, Saf-T-Pockets makes patterns with a LOT of hidden pockets for travel. Pants have up to 9 pockets; jackets 10 or so! http://www.saf-t-pockets.com/

Twibbs, I'm making Renaissance Faire garb now, too!

I've been drooling over the Macabis for years, I've just never been able to bring myself to get one because I don't know if I can wear it to work!

It depends on your job. I'm retired, but I would wear it to an office or a school (as a teacher). I have one in charcoal grey which I've worn around town a few times.

Once I wore my Maccabi to an art walk. It was cool in the muggy summer heat. I wore the skirt normally, until it came time to climb an open outdoor staircase to an artist's studio. I quickly converted it to pants & climbed up with a feeling of security! Then came a sudden cloudburst! The rain just ran off my skirt. The storm worsened, so I hitched up the sides & ran for the car! The skirt was dry within just a few minutes after I got in the car. My DD, who had NOT worn her Maccabi, was still soaked & shivering when we got home. She looked at me & said "Lesson learned. Next time they predict rain, I wear my Maccabi!"

They do have sales from time to time. That's when DD & I each got one.

We're thinking of visiting Turkey someday. If we do, we'll each pick up another Macabi skirt. It pays to be culturally sensitive.

By the way, have you seen all the great photos from around the world on their website? http://www.macabiskirt.com/in-the-field It really makes me want to pack my suitcase & go -- ANYWHERE!

They do have sales from time to time. That's when DD & I each got one.

We're thinking of visiting Turkey someday. If we do, we'll each pick up another Macabi skirt. It pays to be culturally sensitive.

By the way, have you seen all the great photos from around the world on their website? http://www.macabiskirt.com/in-the-field It really makes me want to pack my suitcase & go -- ANYWHERE!

Dagnabbit, now I want to go backpacking.

there is a cute little nylon skirt on Sierra Trading. just order a size larger (according to the reviews) its less than $15 sorry, I couldn't copy the photo

Stillwater Supply Co. Nylon Skirt - UPF 40+, Drawstring Waist and Sides (For Women)

SALE: $15.96 $19.95

Save 54% View Coupon

R

there is a cute little nylon skirt on Sierra Trading. just order a size larger (according to the reviews) its less than $15 sorry, I couldn't copy the photo

Stillwater Supply Co. Nylon Skirt - UPF 40+, Drawstring Waist and Sides (For Women)

Save 54% View Coupon

R

Spiffy!

Thanks!

I lucked out with a black jersey skirt I got at Target of all places. It's knee length, washes in the sink if necessary, dries quickly, not wrinkly and great for packing. I can dress it up with ballet flats, nice top/sweater etc Or wear it with a tank and flip flops. It was $16.99 and I did see them recently at Target, so I'm pretty sure they still have them.

It does not have pockets, so it may not work for you.

I lucked out with a black jersey skirt I got at Target of all places. It's knee length, washes in the sink if necessary, dries quickly, not wrinkly and great for packing. I can dress it up with ballet flats, nice top/sweater etc Or wear it with a tank and flip flops. It was $16.99 and I did see them recently at Target, so I'm pretty sure they still have them.

It does not have pockets, so it may not work for you.

Thanks for the tip. I imagine I'm not the only one looking, so even if it's not exactly what I'm looking for, it might be perfect for someone else!

Save 54% View Coupon

R

I bought it in the "Seneca Rock" color in an XL. I should be a large, but based on the reviews, I bought the XL. *crosses fingers*

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/stillwater-supply-co-nylon-skirt-upf-40-plus--drawstring-waist-and-sides-for-women~p~3242a/?filterString=search~stillwater%20supply%20co.%20nylon%20skirt%2F

Archived