Hard Rock Cafe

I love my cat Licky

How far is Hard Rock Cafe from the pier? I want to do the Pub Crawl as an excursion, but I want to make sure that I will have time to go to the Hard Rock for a T-shirt as well, unless Hard Rock is included in the Pub Crawl.

Anyone have this info? Also, what is the best way to get there from the pier? Walk, cab, trolley, bus?

Thanks,

Rita

First, you can easily walk there assuming you are at Pier B. If you are on the Outer Mole, you'll need to ride the trolley into town, then it's an easy walk from the drop off point. HRC is right on Duval St and the t-shirt shop is right there at the bar, just off the sidewalk. It's right next to Fat Tuesday and just a couple blocks down from Sloppy Joes. It's only a few minutes walk.

• 4 weeks later...
Regardless of what pier you are at...you can walk there. It is on Duval (the main street) just keep walking down Duval and you will see it on the right side!

I think you mean left side walking from the ship, right side of Duval returning to the ship.;)

Mike:)

• 2 weeks later...
How far is Hard Rock Cafe from the pier? I want to do the Pub Crawl as an excursion, but I want to make sure that I will have time to go to the Hard Rock for a T-shirt as well, unless Hard Rock is included in the Pub Crawl.

Anyone have this info? Also, what is the best way to get there from the pier? Walk, cab, trolley, bus?

Thanks,

Rita

The Hard Rock is not on the Pub Crawl. None of the more "commercialized" bars are. We once convinced our Pub Crawl tour guide to take us to Margaritaville, but he said that he wasn't allowed to go inside. He and my dad went across the street and ate dinner. Everything is in walking distance....especially if you have your bar feet on.

• 1 month later...

Hard Rock is right by Sloppy Joe's and Hog's breath and the other bars, all very close to the pier. We also like Schooner's Wharf but that's a few blocks away. So you have plenty to stop in HR for a shirt, but do take the time to look around!

In my humble opinion, do not waste your time. It's the worst one in the chain. Last time I was there the bartender screwed up my bill so bad I had to get American Express to intervene. With so many other great places with real local flavor, Hard Rock is the last place I would go in Key West. If you want a more commercial type tourist establishment, the go to Margaritaville instead. It may be a bit of a tourist trap but the food, drinks, and moreover SERVICE is great there. I'll be there next Thursday off the Majesty of the Seas.

Also, The Bull has great drinks and live music from 10:00 a.m., great open air place with character.

In my humble opinion, do not waste your time. It's the worst one in the chain. Last time I was there the bartender screwed up my bill so bad I had to get American Express to intervene. With so many other great places with real local flavor, Hard Rock is the last place I would go in Key West. If you want a more commercial type tourist establishment, the go to Margaritaville instead. It may be a bit of a tourist trap but the food, drinks, and moreover SERVICE is great there. I'll be there next Thursday off the Majesty of the Seas.

Also, The Bull has great drinks and live music from 10:00 a.m., great open air place with character.

I really can't say I disagree with this post. Key West is not known for great chain restaurants. Margaritaville and Hard Rock are 2 shining examples of not measuring up to other locations.

I'll second daflabear's post. Buy your t-shirt if you want, but hang out at one of our many local joints instead.

I'll take yours and Aquahound's advice and just grab a t-shirt and then head to other places. I'll probably pick up one from Margaritaville as well!

Thanks!

I really can't say I disagree with this post. Key West is not known for great chain restaurants. Margaritaville and Hard Rock are 2 shining examples of not measuring up to other locations.

I'll second daflabear's post. Buy your t-shirt if you want, but hang out at one of our many local joints instead.

Wow - totally opposite from our experience at HR! I would definitely recommend eating there and seeing the collections, great place, don't miss it based on this post.

Margaritaville is not like the Belize and Jamaica versions but it is the first.

If you're looking for other spots to enjoy a lunch we enjoy Schooner's Wharf on the marina, a bit off the Duval craziness. But if you want that kinda thing then Hog's Breath is the prime party spot, and Sloppy Joe's has the best circuit bands in KW. Kelly's Caribbean Grill on Whitehead is the best place to enjoy drinks with the locals along with the Green Parrot Bar just down the street. And you have to hit Captain Tony's where Sloppy Joe's used to be. The Bull n Whistle is different, I'll give you that. 2nd floor is party and top deck gets even hotter. But these places get going during the late evenings, not alot happenin' during the day. We stay in KW once a year and you will see one side of it while you are there but you will need to return and spend some time there to really see it.

Grab some Tee's from Crazy Shirts and enjoy seeing Duval for your first time, HR is right there and you can let us know what you thought of it, after all that's what matters! The trolley is a great way because you can hop on and off at each stop. Enjoy Kelly's, Schooner's, and the sloppy joe and the burger are that good at Sloppy Joe's.

I couldn't agree more.

BTW it's Schooner Wharf, not Schooner's. And worth a visit:)

I couldn't agree more.

BTW it's Schooner Wharf, not Schooner's. And worth a visit:)

lol - of course it's Schooner Wharf, I get tired of typing and apparently abbreviated.

It's a great place to lime and enjoy a band and a sunset.

Must be some folks are looking for something really special when they go to the HR here. We thought it was great, and I'm not a big fan of most. To each our own...

If you're looking for other spots to enjoy a lunch we enjoy Schooner's Wharf on the marina, a bit off the Duval craziness. But if you want that kinda thing then Hog's Breath is the prime party spot, and Sloppy Joe's has the best circuit bands in KW. Kelly's Caribbean Grill on Whitehead is the best place to enjoy drinks with the locals along with the Green Parrot Bar just down the street. And you have to hit Captain Tony's where Sloppy Joe's used to be. The Bull n Whistle is different, I'll give you that. 2nd floor is party and top deck gets even hotter. But these places get going during the late evenings, not alot happenin' during the day. We stay in KW once a year and you will see one side of it while you are there but you will need to return and spend some time there to really see it.

Grab some Tee's from Crazy Shirts and enjoy seeing Duval for your first time, HR is right there and you can let us know what you thought of it, after all that's what matters! The trolley is a great way because you can hop on and off at each stop. Enjoy Kelly's, Schooner's, and the sloppy joe and the burger are that good at Sloppy Joe's.

Blue Water, I'd say you nailed It completely!

Archived