Fantasy - July 23, 2011 - The Nightmare Cruise

zqvol

Thanx for the review but (to me & im not trying to be mean & rude) most of your problems have to do with the guests & over capacity of the ship with every berth full! Im lucky enough NOT to cruise in the Summer, spring, fall or winter breaks when the kids,college's being off! The food can be hit or mis sometimes! BUT ANY cruiseline you choose when you cruise during theses breaks or summertime you will run into the same problems, loads of kids, some them riding the elevators, & just people behaving badly increses during these times! Im 2 away from Platinum as well but cruising off season is nowhere near being over capacity & less kids, teenagers, & drunk college kids running the ship(did spring break once & NEVER AGAIN same issues but it the GUESTS I had problems with behaving badly not Carnival)! Try Carnival off peak you experience should be much better! I have had DESSI as well she is great & really makes a cruise experience memorable! There is even a post "carnivals female Matire D Dessi Kostova" dedicated to her & was forwarded to John Heald show Dessi can read how great she is to the Carnival brand! & again hope you have a better cruise nextime!

At the time I'm writing this, there's this thread titled "Fantasy - The Nightmare Cruise", and then right above it another thread titled "Fantasy was Fantastic!", both for the same cruise date. :confused:

It just goes to show how subjective reviews can be, and how wildly different opinions of the same exact product can be...!

As for Music Boardwalk...we do not believe we have ever sailed with them....

but to have an Asian band that is not spot on is an exception...not the rule. As a musician, since 99% of them play by ear (which is a natural GIFT) , the Asian bands are normally not just good but FABULOUS.

I totally agree with you LHP.

Not only how did you do that but how did they get all those rooms with 5 passengers as I have yet to be able to get a room for 5 passengers on any CCL cruise without booking 2 cabins...is this new?

The steward told me during a discussion about how long it was taking to get to all the cabins.

i sometimes wish the cabin doors opened outward when there are children running up and down the corridors. Oops! ;)

*edited to add this is not exclusive to children, anyone one running up and down the hall would fall victim to the door of justice, lol...

bow down to the door of justice!!!

:d

Thanks for the review OP - I've read some of your other reviews and its clearly unbiased and based on your factual perception of the cruise.

It sounds like you had a number of different instances which made up to a negative one overall. I hope both our pending B2B goes better and either way I'll be sure to leave a review! It's true that the passengers have a huge impact on how any stay at a cruise/resort goes - sounds like you have a real mixed bag!

... and if there happen to be multiple cabins of "slobs", then that can set them back even more! :eek:

Tom

I think that is more of the issue...I mean, I keep our room neat, I even make our own beds in the morning...so pretty much all they do is come in and empty the trash and do a quick wipe down...now the cabin across the hall could have 1 person and if they had to change the sheets, pick up all the trash, really clean things, that could take up a lot more time than my cabin of 3 or 4...I definately think it has more to do with the condition of the rooms than how many guests are in the room...

Thanks for your suggestion but you are way off base.

I cruise a variety of lines from RCCL, CCL, NCL, Reagent, and other luxury lines. I have different expectations on each and everyone of them. You might notice that our recent Regent cruise failed to meet expectations, but had that same cruise been on CCL it would have more than exceeded expectations.

I have numerous carnival cruises all when school is out and never had I experienced the passengers that were on this ship. This was not a short cruise, it was six days, and it was not any cheaper than the other ones that I have been on. In this case the cruise did not live up to expectations and I have already filled out my comment survey and let Carnival know.

I will be back on CCL and numerous other lines. To suggest that I try CCL at a different time of year is unrealistic. CCL is full of children year round, this particular bunch was out of control, and I blame it on the helicopter parents not being helicopters for these 6 days.

I have to disagree that CCL is full of children year round. We cruise in Oct., Jan., and late April and have never in 17 cruises had a cruise with lots of children on them. In fact, on most of our cruises I bet there haven't been more than a 100 kids on board. hardly noticeable. Prices are also cheaper at those times .

I have to disagree that CCL is full of children year round. We cruise in Oct., Jan., and late April and have never in 17 cruises had a cruise with lots of children on them. In fact, on most of our cruises I bet there haven't been more than a 100 kids on board. hardly noticeable. Prices are also cheaper at those times .

The only time we have cruised with a lot of children is our Christmas cruises and yes it can be crazy. All our other cruises we check school break times and definitely stay away from summer cruises and have never had a problem with the ship being overrun.

PS We loved Music Boardwalk and followed them around to each of the venues they played at. This is the first time I have heard they were awful.

There has been mention of an odor. At first I thought everyone was talking about the typical sewage odor, which was not present on Fantasy. What I did notice was that there was a strong smell of diesel or heavy oil, in the mid ship elevator lobby on the Main level. I didn't really pay any attention to it, but it was there the entire cruise. Not sure how it could bother anyone because how long do you spend in the elevator lobby.

Archived